NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2018 NX - remote starter ?

Old 07-13-18, 01:05 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Eduskator
Correct, but the remote starter kit in the link I posted seem to be working on Canadian NXs as well, and with OEM key fobs - enform or not. This work around is much better than having 2 remotes for the same vehicle, even if the remote starter range is restricted to the transmitter (probably FM?) of the OEM Fob.
You're absolutely right, I was referring to the second solution proposed by Nigel821...
Old 07-22-18, 01:40 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Email from Lexus Canada:

We would also like to take this opportunity to advise you that the Lexus Start+ Long range remote engine starter purchased at the time of sale of your vehicle is not yet available for the 2018 NX 300. Please note that the product is in development stages and the estimated release date is set for spring of 2019.

BAD Lexus Canada Not happy at all.
Old 07-30-18, 05:02 AM
GoPDemon
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

interestingly I just picked up an NX200t and I tried holding the lock 3 times and it started. I'm in Canada BTW and the dealer tried to sell me a remote starter.
Old 07-30-18, 06:51 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by GoPDemon
interestingly I just picked up an NX200t and I tried holding the lock 3 times and it started. I'm in Canada BTW and the dealer tried to sell me a remote starter.
Not working on NX300 2018 ... What year is you NX200T ?
Old 07-30-18, 06:53 AM
GoPDemon
Driver

Originally Posted by slypx
Not working on NX300 2018 ... What year is you NX200T ?

oh It was a used 2015. I assume the previous owner installed a remote start .
Old 07-30-18, 06:58 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by GoPDemon
oh It was a used 2015. I assume the previous owner installed a remote start .
Maybe ... but I think it could be programmed by the dealer ... For the 2018, multiple forum users tried it without success ...
Old 01-02-19, 10:10 AM
ptung07
Driver

Originally Posted by nigel821
I made a thread a week or so ago. I'll just copy and paste it here to see if anyone might be able to test/try...etc.

I was playing with TechStream today... under various things that can be configured *by dealer only, if you don't have techstream*, and came across this. See pictures below.

It says Communication Remote Engine Starter = OFF (by default)
Under item description it doesn't give a whole lot of information: "Function to ON/OFF of the Remote Engine Starter.

Now this has me thinking... is this why Enform is used, but in all reality if this is turned on will the key fob remote start the NX? Does anyone know or have anymore information?

My wife has the year free of Enform with Lexus so as of right now I can't test this, however... is anyone in the VA/DC/MD area that would like to try? I will turn the feature on and we can see if the key fob will remote start the vehicle without an Enform subscription. That's key... you can't have an active Enform for remote start I'm guess because then it would start with the fob. My wife's is a 2018, but I'm sure this feature is probably on all the NXs...

Seems possible and hence why the dealers/Lexus state that an Enform subscription is the ONLY way to turn the remote start on which would be true if this value is set to OFF which is the default value presently set leaving the factory.

This might not do anything with the remote start honestly but it would be cool if we could try. I turned the feature on for my wife's NX but iwon't know if that does anything until December 2018...9 more months...lol

Figured I'd post this and if anyone wants to try we can figure out the logistics.

-Nigel
Sorry to bring up an old thread but my Enform subscription just expired. I had TIS and tried the above to get the remote start to work. No success. I turned the above setting on and then tried pushing lock 3 times with the 4th time holding the button down. With the enform subscription, the car normally remote starts on. However, even with this setting manually turned on and expired Enform, the car doesn't remote start. On a 2017 NX300h
Old 01-03-19, 08:20 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 747 Likes on 465 Posts

Thank you for trying. I was about to do this to my wife's NX over the weekend since her subscription just expired on the 18' as well. Shame that it doesn't work. Stupid Lexus/Toyota. So infuraiating that the vehicle has ALL the compatibility for the hardware of remote starting yet doesn't without the subscription.

There is another thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...starter-4.html

Two items were brought up. 2015-2017 Remote starter:
https://www.12volt.solutions/product...v2-1-smart-key

2015-2018:
https://www.12volt.solutions/product...h-button-start

When I emailed them about the 2018 model with Enform they stated that a fuse has to be pulled when programming the remote start, then once the remote start is programmed the fuse is put back and all is well. I am going to be ordering the 2015-2018 and installing it in my wife's NX. It uses the stock key fob and is 100% plug and play. Should be an easy install since I have already taken her entire center dash/console apart when I did various other things.

At $289 it's cheap and I'd much rather pay a company that made the device and put the time into it rather than to have to pay a subscription service for Lexus/Toyota when this should have been a STANDARD feature of the vehicle.. I totally get wanting to start the car with my phone, then yes, I should pay a subscription. But if using the OEM key fob, it should still be able to remote start the vehicle.... Stupid lexus/toyota. My sister's $17k honda fit has remote start from the factory using the fob and it tells her the temp inside the car... Why a vehicle that is more than double the cost doesn't have this as a standard feature is so asinine.

-Nigel
Old 01-03-19, 08:50 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Maybe ... but I think it could be programmed by the dealer ... For the 2018, multiple forum users tried it without success ...
Sylvain, did you end up figuring how to install one? It seems like the Plug & Play remote start that goes for roughly 300$ is working with OEM fob.

My girlfriend ended up buying one (instead of me) so I kept my F150, but I'm looking to install one on hers. Will most likely order the one in the link above.

Thanks

Last edited by Eduskator; 01-03-19 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-03-19, 09:04 AM
slypx
Driver

Sylvain, did you end up figuring how to install one? It seems like the Plug & Play remote start that goes for roughly 300$ is working with OEM fob.

My girlfriend ended up buying one (instead of me) so I kept my F150, but I'm looking to install one on hers. Will most likely order the one in the link above.

Thanks
not on my own, was monitoring others ... I already have an aftermarket solution ...
Old 01-03-19, 09:20 AM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You can pay month to month. I plan on just paying $8/month during the winter. I’m thinking 3 months a year.

What I don’t like is the car shutting off when I unlock it.
Old 01-03-19, 09:44 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by ross7777
You can pay month to month. I plan on just paying $8/month during the winter. I’m thinking 3 months a year.
The remote option with the Enform system is not available in Canada ...
100% agree on the dislike of car shutting off when opening one of the 4 doors... Surprisingly it’s not shutting off when open the rear door ...
Old 01-03-19, 02:03 PM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ross7777

I do believe that this is a safety feature and frankly, I'm not against it. Lots of vehicles are getting stoled that way (people hacking the system with wireless devices, unlocking doors, starting the engine remotely. and leaving with the car...). Thieves might have a hard time leaving with the car if the engine shuts off when they open the door lol.

I don't mind starting the car again when I enter it, as long as the engine and the cabin is warm when I get in it!
Old 01-03-19, 02:04 PM
Eduskator
Pole Position

The remote option with the Enform system is not available in Canada ...
100% agree on the dislike of car shutting off when opening one of the 4 doors... Surprisingly it’s not shutting off when open the rear door ...
Really? Not when opening the rear doors? That's odd!
Old 01-04-19, 02:46 PM
slypx
Driver

Really? Not when opening the rear doors? That's odd!
I mean the cargo area door ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 NX - remote starter ?