NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nx200t buyers remorse ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-17, 08:28 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Regarding the cabin being noisy, don't forget to lower the ASC (active sound control) volume.
It's artificial and sounds crappy, unlike the GS where the intake sound is pumped into the cabin.

I turn mine all the way down.
When just having fun while in Sport Mode and using the paddle shifters, I turn the ASC as high as it will go, but otherwise, yeah, just leave it off and turn up the music.
Old 12-09-17, 02:13 AM
beefnoodle
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjs61084
Maybe your car was on the assembly line behind mine. I swear the person building the left half of the vehicle was drunk. Every problem I have seems to come from that side of the vehicle! My driver side mirror vibrates like crazy, so bad that it makes me nauseous to look out it. Lexus says it’s normal..

I also feel as if the idle vibrations are too much. It’s getting worse as it gets colder. The only fix I have found is to turn the air conditioner off. So I use Auto, but then turn the A/C off. That seems to calm the vibrations down. However, if I left off the brake, but don’t push the gas as it starts moving forward it starts vibrating pretty bad again. When I’m stopped behind a car, I can see my headlights vibrating on the car in front of me, if the A/C is on as it gets colder. Again, Lexus told me it’s normal. Very aggravating.

I definitely can’t wait until I’ve paid enough to justify getting away from this vehicle.
you pretty much described my car situation exactly ! the vibration at idle is so bad i feel it through my steering while and seat, after reading other threads I paid some attention and as others have said it's right when the idle hits 750 rpm that seems to be the sweet spot for vibrations in my car, below and above the car is smooth. sad sad sad
Old 12-10-17, 09:10 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

I have noticed that it vibrates more now (cold weather) comparing to the summer time. May be the craps the put in the winter-mix fuel?
Old 12-10-17, 09:17 AM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an appointment tomorrow morning and have requested a tech to go with me. I was there for a wash on Friday and I asked the service manager if it’s normal and he said it will vibrate when warming up, then I told him that it’s once it’s warm when it does it.

Im going to assume that they won’t do anything, as this is usually what happens! However, if they tell me it’s normal I’ve requested to drive a couple of the NXs in the courtesy car fleet. I let the manager know that if they don’t do show the same issue, then I will push until someone does something about it.

If it does do it on the courtesy vehicles, I’m going to call Lexus directly and request they investigate. I don’t think they will do anything either lol, but I might as well do everything I can to bring attention to this. We also own a Chevy Cruze, base model, and it doesn’t have a single vibration. Granted completely different engine, make, etc, but clearly stopping the vibration somehow can be accomplished! This vehicle was way to expensive to have these annoying vibrations, entry level or not..
Old 12-10-17, 12:12 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Vibration after warm up was discussed very early on with survey taken.
Search: NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll

While I was and still am disappointed there is some vibration after warming up in the garage, once I start driving, never feel it again....not while driving or sitting at a signal.

I did have the dealer check it out back in March 2016, they said normal.
The vibration at start up doesn't really bother me anymore, as I enjoy the NX more and more every time I drive it......and its been almost two years.
Old 12-10-17, 01:35 PM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

I’m glad to hear yours only does it at startup. Mine doesn’t do it at startup, but it does it at every stop light, every time o take my foot off the brake, every time I’m moving forward without pushing the gas. It’s constant in the winter and it’s awful!!
Old 12-10-17, 08:14 PM
Mpstan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

following; my wife is looking to trade out of her 2012 Volvo S60 and is looking at both the NX and RX.
Old 12-10-17, 08:30 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpstan
following; my wife is looking to trade out of her 2012 Volvo S60 and is looking at both the NX and RX.
I traded my 2013 Volvo S60 for my 2015 NX. They are pretty different vehicles, but I have no concerns or issues with my NX, except service costs. Volvo likely wasn’t cheaper but they were included for the first three years.
Old 12-10-17, 08:43 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

I have no buyer’s remorse but I do agree with you in some respects. It is the loudest Lexus we have ever owned - and by a considerable margin. I perceive more road noise than wind noise. I think some of that is just the nature of the size and wheelbase. That said, we drove Priuses for a number of years and this is much quieter than our Priuses. I guess it is all relative. We knew this when we purchased and even used a used a sound app to compare against the RDX and it was almost 3db quieter on the same section of road. And the NX is a much better looking ride.
Old 12-11-17, 09:37 PM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE- I took my NX in earlier today to address the vibrations. The tech that went with me was super nice and super helpful. He performed the TSB that is mentioned earlier in the thread. After he was finished he described the difference as night and day.

I definitely don’t feel like it’s a night a day difference, but I do feel like it made the vibrations less noticeable. Now, turning the AC off causes the vibrations to go away completely. While I’m happy that they did something to try to make me happy, I’m still not sure how I feel about this vehicle.

Again, even after the TSB service was completed, I still feel a slight vibration, but nothing like it was before. It did warm up here after he was finished though. Since this is very dependent on the weather that could have been why it had gotten better.

Even though the NX is an entry level Lexus, I still think that it’s ridiculous that we’re even going through this!
Old 12-14-17, 04:09 AM
beefnoodle
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

UPDATE- I took my NX in earlier today to address the vibrations. The tech that went with me was super nice and super helpful. He performed the TSB that is mentioned earlier in the thread. After he was finished he described the difference as night and day.

I definitely don’t feel like it’s a night a day difference, but I do feel like it made the vibrations less noticeable. Now, turning the AC off causes the vibrations to go away completely. While I’m happy that they did something to try to make me happy, I’m still not sure how I feel about this vehicle.

Again, even after the TSB service was completed, I still feel a slight vibration, but nothing like it was before. It did warm up here after he was finished though. Since this is very dependent on the weather that could have been why it had gotten better.

Even though the NX is an entry level Lexus, I still think that it’s ridiculous that we’re even going through this!

Thanx for the update. and yes I agree, entry level Lexus or not, this vibration thing is ridiculous .
Old 01-03-18, 08:17 PM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

Well..the vibration is back. We got down into the lower teens this week and the vibration is awful! It’s even doing it in Park now. I’ll be having my 5K service before winter is over and I’m going to readdress the problem again. I have a call in to the GM now, I just can’t believe how bad this thing shakes and they say it’s normal.
Old 01-04-18, 07:18 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well..the vibration is back. We got down into the lower teens this week and the vibration is awful! It’s even doing it in Park now. I’ll be having my 5K service before winter is over and I’m going to readdress the problem again. I have a call in to the GM now, I just can’t believe how bad this thing shakes and they say it’s normal.
1) corporate (2 week limit.
2)instagram video blast
3) lemon law you tube video bomb
4) new vehicle
Old 01-05-18, 07:08 PM
Nyclife
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have three Lexus products all V8s. Last month I was in the dealer getting a new car, I was interested in the NX F-Sport and the GX (mainly because of how cheap they lease). I just found the NX lackluster in power. So I leased the GX. Are there any rumors of the is350 engine going in the NX, or something of sorts? When my lease is up in 26 months that is something I'd strongly consider. Also they have to get rid of the RAV4 wheels on the Fsport AWD looks awful.
Old 01-05-18, 07:16 PM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Much to my DW's dismay I had to drive her NX for the last two weeks while my 4Runner was being repaired from a crash. I have no issue with power, It's not a V8 but its clearly a success for Lexus 1st Turbocharged engine. Quick powerful and with a nice growl. I averaged 27 mpg driving to and from Seattle for work. The AWD was sophisticated and seamless in the snow of Christmas. It's creature like comforts make the tight seats very comfortable. Now, take this the right way but boys, to me it's a chick car (do me a solid no PC flames). Pretty, peppy and very comfortable.

I got my truck back today. Yes I miss the side alerts to approaching cars and the heated seats. But with the V6 muscle PIAA lights and beefy feel....I'lll stick with it.

The NX is a very very nice vehicle.

Last edited by SeaTac1; 01-05-18 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Nx200t buyers remorse ??