NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nx200t buyers remorse ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-18, 01:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

its a compact entry level SUV. Not sure why people are expecting it to have large cargo capacity, or tons of storage, or tons of features. Sure, fully loaded mainstream cars will have more features than low package entry level luxury cars. Its been that way forever.
Old 12-04-18, 02:52 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Love my NX300 F-Sport 2018, but only have a few down side
1 - Bought last March and now they are coming with Apple CarPlay (if built after Oct 1 2018), wish I new about it, I would have wait but there weren't any rumors at all back then.
2 - Wish it had a remote starter as an OEM basic accessories, not an after market one (for Canada) or subscription base (USA). Would also appreciate better range on original remote but I understand that it is to prevent vehicle theft being able to copy signal from the remote.
3 - Finally, love the HUD but it is slightly tilted towards the right side and there are still no solution to fix it.
4 - Sound system could have been better, had the dealer isolate the subwoofer which made it better but lack power in general. Found out that putting "no EQ" on my iPhone for my music, it's sounds better in the NX but ... Mark Levinson where are you ?!!
5 - Finally, the trackpad is not the more intuitive, but got use to it whitin a couple days/weeks

But in all, other than cargo space and I knew what I was getting into, it's way better in most areas (Finish quality, overall quality, gas mileage, etc.) than my previous vehicle (Ford Edge 2011) and my wife's 2015 Nissan Murano. Power-wise, the Edge felt a little bit more responsive (V6, 285 HP) but the Murano (also with a V6 285 HP) feel more sluggish due to his CVT, actually, it feels exactly like the NX in ECO mode.
Old 12-04-18, 06:47 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

It’s really about expectations. We came from an RX because we didn’t like the larger size. A test drive told me all I needed to know about the smaller storage and less refined ride, but we decided it actually met our needs better than the RX. There will always be cars with nicer rides, more horsepower/storage, etc - as well as other competing features.

We got the car we “expected” after a thorough evaluation and several test drives. While it may not be the perfect car, it meets our expectations and we have no remorse. Do I wish it had rain-sensing wipers? Sure. But I knew it didn’t have them when we purchased the car.

I agree with what others have said. If you aren’t happy with the car, unload it now. Life is too short and the car is decreasing in value as time passes.
Old 12-06-18, 01:45 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Having previously owned two RX models, it was a no-brainier going to the more compact and more fun to drive '17 NX F-Sport, and I love almost everything about it, including how it still turns heads.

My only complaint, and I knew this when I bought it, is the map display. We also own an Audi Q3 and a Q5 and their maps list every street name, making it easier to navigate in unfamiliar areas by looking at the map. Our NX shows only the names of the main roads, which is of absolutely no help in most cases. Yes, the display below the speedometer shows the street I am presently on, but the map display does not allow me to search for the street I am looking for...

Tell me, are the '19 displays any better? If so, I will certainly consider trading-in the car I really like for one I may like even more.
Old 12-16-18, 09:33 AM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same complaint, BMW has had every street name in their navigation for years. It seems navigation complaints are common across many car brands though. At least the whole point of navigation directly from car mfg is becoming less of an issue now that many are coming around to allow phone mirroring. Even Google maps has some issues though, I dislike how when I zoom in on Google maps on my phone everything gets bigger except for the street name font!...which is why I'm zooming in in the first place. :-)

I will say the Lexus is better than our Honda, though I think our Subaru is better than both. All are 2015 model years. Honda set the bar pretty low with ease of use, voice recognition and how updated the mapping was. I even bought the update DVD recently, which helped with some newer...and I use the term newer loosely...roads, but it gets stuck in an endless loop if I ask for alternative routes now. The Lexus would freeze on long trips once it a while the first year, requiring a restart, but haven't had that issue if a long time.

Overall very happy with our choice thought, its my daily driver and my wife tells me how much she likes it almost every time she gets to drive it. She takes its on trips of an hour or more whenever its just her and 1 or two others going. Family trips still happen in the mini-van. Compare it to other vehicles in the same class and it compares pretty favorably....I'm also banking on greater longevity w/ less maintenance headaches vs some other brand reputations...we'll see but so far so good.
Old 12-16-18, 09:40 AM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I think about it I have two complaints.

The door cup holders should be rounded so that they hold a decent sized water bottle...just silly that they are squared off on the interior side so only a smallish water bottle fits.

There is a quick button to go from wherever you are to the radio but no quick button to go directly back to navigation. You have to go back to the main menu and then into navigation with the touch pad. If there is anything I want to go to quick from wherever I am in the infotainment system its the full navigation screen, not the radio.