NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nx200t buyers remorse ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-17, 09:18 AM
LovMy2017R
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No remorse for me either. This is our second NX, No issue whatsoever. I like the better insulation, F-Sport heated and cooled seats. The AVS really makes a difference in the ride. NAV is just ok, but wife likes the larger screen. Happy wife...happy life!
Old 12-03-17, 05:57 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife is happy as a clam in a shell with her 2017. We like the safety features the small size for parking and the engine's pep. The sound suite is very good (came from a Lexicon in a Genesis). The AWD is handy in the slick streets of Seattle. I guess we could use the funny mirror to signal or start a fire if the world goes blotto....

We love it.
Old 12-04-17, 07:03 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

No remorse for me, i don't feel any extra ordinary vibrations at idle and I think for a taller vehicle the wind noise is within expectation. I also have an 08 is350 and i think the nx rides better and is smoother and quieter than the is350. The extra torque from the turbo is nice and the car barely has to rev or make noise to get moving. I drove a 2009 honda civic lx 2 door for a while and there is no comparison between that and the nx, in smoothness or quality imho.
Old 12-04-17, 07:24 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

[QUOTE=beefnoodle; end of the day I am left wondering what makes this a $40k car other than the Lexus badge ?
Perhaps I was too hasty in my descion making. Maybe you car enthusiast can tell me what I paid for LOL[/QUOTE]

I suggest you to trade in that car, get something else. Driving a car you don't like can cause an accident( a pun).
We have Lexus/Toyota vehicles in my family but for me it is either BMW or Audi. At present driving Audi SQ5. I have
to hear the engine and feel the road when I drive. Car like RX is hum drum for me. Test drove Porsche Macan but
for the price difference compared to SQ5 it was not worth it.
Old 12-04-17, 03:29 PM
JPG37027
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine. No remorse or regrets.
Old 12-04-17, 06:38 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

no remorse but always willing to trade in or upgrade. right now 17nx t is very good
Old 12-04-17, 08:04 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Absolutely no regrets....but I'm thinking of trading my 2017 for a 2018 if the cabin is noticeably quieter.

Day-to-day the cabin noise is NOT noticeable, but when on long highway trips at 70+mph, the stock speakers are difficult to hear when listening to music or books via blue tooth.

The mirror...I agree it could be a good fire starter, but not so much this time of year in the Pacific Northwest. I did use it as a signal mirror once this summer when I carried it with me to fishing stream, and a friend mine was looking to land his J-3 Cub on a nearby sand bar. It worked just fine, but we never caught a fish large enough to keep.
Old 12-04-17, 08:24 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by beefnoodle
yeah I def agree on ur point about managing exceptions, Not sure what I was expecting, guess the lesson here is entry level luxury and economy are at par.I got less for my money but got a sexy *** looking car ! Like having a really nice wallet no no cash in it HAHA . It's just unfortunate that my 10 year old civic idled smoother than this brand new Lexus. Even if I were to have bought a fully loaded RAV 4 instead, I would still expect it to idle smoothly.
Keep in mind they are 4 bangers.
Old 12-04-17, 11:15 PM
beefnoodle
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gompka
No remorse for me, i don't feel any extra ordinary vibrations at idle and I think for a taller vehicle the wind noise is within expectation. I also have an 08 is350 and i think the nx rides better and is smoother and quieter than the is350. The extra torque from the turbo is nice and the car barely has to rev or make noise to get moving. I drove a 2009 honda civic lx 2 door for a while and there is no comparison between that and the nx, in smoothness or quality imho.

I don't know man, either I had a really good civic or got a really bad NX, the car engine is all sorts of loud...
Everyone is having such a good experience with their NX, maybe I just got a lemon YO.
And no trading in the car at a loss for another car is out of the question. =(
Old 12-05-17, 12:00 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

What year was your civic, I personally just think you need to manage expectations of what the NX is and isn't. Unless that noise is resonating inside you cabin, whats the big deal what it sounds outside? My old IS350 made alot of noises under the hood never did it translate into the cabin
Old 12-05-17, 04:02 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Regarding the cabin being noisy, don't forget to lower the ASC (active sound control) volume.
It's artificial and sounds crappy, unlike the GS where the intake sound is pumped into the cabin.

I turn mine all the way down.

Old 12-06-17, 07:23 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

^^^^^ i turn mine off completely
Old 12-06-17, 10:06 AM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I wonder if we can repurpose the ASC switch to control something else.. maybe a dimmer for external LED light bar?
Old 12-06-17, 03:38 PM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe your car was on the assembly line behind mine. I swear the person building the left half of the vehicle was drunk. Every problem I have seems to come from that side of the vehicle! My driver side mirror vibrates like crazy, so bad that it makes me nauseous to look out it. Lexus says it’s normal..

I also feel as if the idle vibrations are too much. It’s getting worse as it gets colder. The only fix I have found is to turn the air conditioner off. So I use Auto, but then turn the A/C off. That seems to calm the vibrations down. However, if I left off the brake, but don’t push the gas as it starts moving forward it starts vibrating pretty bad again. When I’m stopped behind a car, I can see my headlights vibrating on the car in front of me, if the A/C is on as it gets colder. Again, Lexus told me it’s normal. Very aggravating.

I definitely can’t wait until I’ve paid enough to justify getting away from this vehicle.
Old 12-07-17, 08:47 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjs61084
Maybe your car was on the assembly line behind mine. I swear the person building the left half of the vehicle was drunk. Every problem I have seems to come from that side of the vehicle! My driver side mirror vibrates like crazy, so bad that it makes me nauseous to look out it. Lexus says it’s normal..

I also feel as if the idle vibrations are too much. It’s getting worse as it gets colder. The only fix I have found is to turn the air conditioner off. So I use Auto, but then turn the A/C off. That seems to calm the vibrations down. However, if I left off the brake, but don’t push the gas as it starts moving forward it starts vibrating pretty bad again. When I’m stopped behind a car, I can see my headlights vibrating on the car in front of me, if the A/C is on as it gets colder. Again, Lexus told me it’s normal. Very aggravating.

I definitely can’t wait until I’ve paid enough to justify getting away from this vehicle.

something is definitely going on there....now mine, although its not as smooth as the rx idle was (v-6 vs i4) but i have no complaints.

Quick Reply: Nx200t buyers remorse ??