NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

FTP charge pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-17, 10:11 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FTP charge pipe

Everyone thank you for the help on my exhaust decision, but been looking at trying to eek out a little more performance out of the engine. Does anyone have first hand experience and are still happy with the product? Also does anyone know where I can purchase this in the US. I looked at the FTP website and it's not listed on there. Thanks!!!
Old 11-19-17, 02:15 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the charge pipe and very satisfied with it. U can msg Luke ftp and he's vendor on here and he'll sell it to u.
The following users liked this post:
lilandagi (11-19-17)
Old 11-19-17, 02:18 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

If u want more power, I recommend the arma intake or the AEM intake, also any one of the tune box. That would get u going.
lilandagi (11-19-17)
Old 11-19-17, 12:03 PM
JLEXNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the ftp charge pipe, AEM Intake, TOM’s Racing strut tower and the VR tuning box. They all make a considerable difference according to Autometer obd2 I’m getting between 288-290hp and 320-330 tq. Now I’m just waiting on an apexi n1 midpipe.
lilandagi (11-19-17)
Old 11-19-17, 11:17 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rozay604
If u want more power, I recommend the arma intake or the AEM intake, also any one of the tune box. That would get u going.
Thanks for the advice, looking into an intake as well. The arma looks really nice, but it costs about what three AEM intakes do so not sure about going that route. I put a tuning box in last week and so far it pulls a little more.
Old 11-19-17, 11:18 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

Originally Posted by JLEXNX
I have the ftp charge pipe, AEM Intake, TOM’s Racing strut tower and the VR tuning box. They all make a considerable difference according to Autometer obd2 I’m getting between 288-290hp and 320-330 tq. Now I’m just waiting on an apexi n1 midpipe.
That's some pretty nice results. Hope to get some things going and see how it goes..
Old 11-19-17, 11:27 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

So I actually found a link to the charge pipe on an older thread, so I purchased it on there. Hopefully it's still valid and I should see something soon. Currently I've installed the Tom's power box and Tanabe springs. The power box helps it pull a little better and the springs take up the gap and it sits better. Springs were purchased through Meraki, came quick and very reasonable. Ride is still good just a little more firm on the bumps. I have the mid pipe sitting in my living room currently from Apexi. Originally was told they were back ordered till December, but they ended up finding one in back that was used for testing, so they sold it to me. Ended up winning a Ebay bid for the Tanabe axle back that I didn't think I would win so felt obligated to purchase it from them, but so far a week and it still hasn't shipped. Emailed the seller multiple times with no response, so hopefully not getting ripped off there. Hopefully I can find a good deal on the intake with the Black Friday sales coming up, but if not might have to make a decision then. Thanks again guys!!!
Old 11-20-17, 06:56 AM
JLEXNX
Driver School Candidate

Yeh I ordered the midpipe from car id in October around the 13th and I’m still waiting for it. I was told their made to order so it’s suppose to be done November 23rd. Does anyone have just the mid pipe installed from apexi? How does it sound?
lilandagi (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 02:20 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Also consider the downpipe. That will increase a lot of power, ppe will be making one soon but tony at tt has one right now but it ain’t cheap.
lilandagi (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 06:17 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rozay604
Also consider the downpipe. That will increase a lot of power, ppe will be making one soon but tony at tt has one right now but it ain’t cheap.
I messaged PPE earlier, but they said they are looking for a car to test it on. So if anyone is in Arizona they are looking for a car to test it on. Would like to see what kind of performance we'll see out if it after they have it available. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-21-17, 05:50 AM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lilandagi
I messaged PPE earlier, but they said they are looking for a car to test it on. So if anyone is in Arizona they are looking for a car to test it on. Would like to see what kind of performance we'll see out if it after they have it available. Thanks for the heads up.
will the downpipe cause a CEL?
Old 11-22-17, 06:40 AM
lilandagi
Rookie

Originally Posted by CrazyChino
will the downpipe cause a CEL?
I asked TTITony, but didn't get a definite answer. So I'm not really sure if it will, but I did find out that it is kinda pricey. Might be a good idea to wait and see what PPE offers in the future, and how much it'll run.
Old 11-22-17, 06:46 AM
JLEXNX
Driver School Candidate

What is TT’s website so I can check out the downpipe?
Old 11-22-17, 07:51 PM
lilandagi
Rookie

What is TT’s website so I can check out the downpipe?
I believe this is the page, but could not find it on there. Might be better off emailing them for more info.

http://www.ttimotorsport.com/LEXUS
Old 11-24-17, 11:41 AM
lilandagi
Rookie

Yeh I ordered the midpipe from car id in October around the 13th and I’m still waiting for it. I was told their made to order so it’s suppose to be done November 23rd. Does anyone have just the mid pipe installed from apexi? How does it sound?
So since I am waiting for the axle back to arrive I decided to install the mid pipe today and save me some work later. Little lower exhaust note on start up and then it quiets down a bit after. Hope this helps you decide on going with the full exhaust or not.

Quick Reply: FTP charge pipe