NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Triple Beam Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-17, 06:52 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roboroostr
Hi guys. Does the dealership ever have models in stock with the triple beam headlights or are these basically made to order?
When I got my 2017 F-Sport back in January, really wanted the USB with Rioja Red interior and the triple beams. Dealer didn't have that combo but did have USB with Black, went with that b'cause I just like the look of the triple beams more. Not many NX's around here had that option at the time. As of this past week, my dealer has five 2018's (different design), four of the five had them (1 F-Sport and 3 Base with Luxury Pkg). Brightness seems a bit better than my IS300 with the single projector but could be that the NX are positioned higher. If possible, test drive both at night, the premium price was worth it if not just for the look.

The following 2 users liked this post by ISTORO:
roboroostr (10-21-17), TorontoIS (10-20-17)
Old 10-20-17, 08:05 PM
roboroostr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISTORO
When I got my 2017 F-Sport back in January, really wanted the USB with Rioja Red interior and the triple beams. Dealer didn't have that combo but did have USB with Black, went with that b'cause I just like the look of the triple beams more. Not many NX's around here had that option at the time. As of this past week, my dealer has five 2018's (different design), four of the five had them (1 F-Sport and 3 Base with Luxury Pkg). Brightness seems a bit better than my IS300 with the single projector but could be that the NX are positioned higher. If possible, test drive both at night, the premium price was worth it if not just for the look.

Thanks for all of that detail. I’m looking to buy the 2018 Hybrid. Do you think triples will be coming in for hybrids too? I went to the dealership on Thursday and they couldn’t find any hybrids offering the triple beams in the SoCal inventory.
Old 10-21-17, 09:04 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by roboroostr
Thanks for all of that detail. I’m looking to buy the 2018 Hybrid. Do you think triples will be coming in for hybrids too? I went to the dealership on Thursday and they couldn’t find any hybrids offering the triple beams in the SoCal inventory.
I can't speak for current ordering practices by dealers, but when we were shopping for our hybrid last year, every one on the lot had the triple beam headlights. I don't know if that observation is useful as I know there are often regional differences as well as differences between dealerships.
The following users liked this post:
roboroostr (10-21-17)
Old 10-21-17, 02:58 PM
roboroostr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I can't speak for current ordering practices by dealers, but when we were shopping for our hybrid last year, every one on the lot had the triple beam headlights. I don't know if that observation is useful as I know there are often regional differences as well as differences between dealerships.
Thanks. This is extremely good to know. The dealership I went to only had 2 2018 hybrids on the lot and none in their inventory showed triple beams coming soon. Knowing this, I can wait until triple beams start showing up later.
Old 10-26-17, 07:17 AM
Klemgold
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

It’s a badass headlight that is also very functional. Toyota and Honda are know for excellent projector headlights. Both have been like that for years. I got the triple beams on my wife’s car because it’s worth the extra money for better headlights imo.
Old 10-28-17, 08:05 PM
endTIMES
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a 2018 NX 300 F Sport today that had the new LC500 Triple Beams on it. Apparently it is the first one in Florida or so I was told. I will say they seem to project further than my HID's I had in my 2015 Camry from XeonDepot and the sides definitely cast out more light. I am going to attribute this to the quality of projectors as the Camry isn't outputting the full potential of HID's. That being said, we drove home from Tampa Bay Lexus in the rain and both myself and my fiancee were astonished with how the triple beams cut through the rain and kept light on the road. It was like a ghosting effect where the rain almost looked static because of literally zero interruption in the beam spread. Also going down I-75 from Tampa, there are literally no street lights on that stretch of 75 and we had the brightest and longest projecting headlights out of anyone on the road - by far.

As for the looks, its pretty unbeatable especially at night. I wasn't expecting to get the Triple Beams when I went to the dealer because I called so many dealers in Florida and none had one with the triples. Even the one I ended up buying, I was told it did not have the triple beams. I figured it was going to have to be a special order thing but I lucked out when I got to the dealer and they brought out an Ultra White / Rioja Red F Sport NX300 which had the Triple Beams, Kick Sensor for the back gate, Nav. Package, Premium Package and the new Adaptive Variable Suspension. Of course all of that raped my wallet a bit but I am very impressed with the headlights.

Just a side note, Lexus did not integrate the sequential turn signals that they promoted the 2018 NX 300 with. I was disappointed in that.
The following 2 users liked this post by endTIMES:
astinus4 (10-29-17), TorontoIS (10-29-17)
Old 10-29-17, 05:31 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by endTIMES
Just a side note, Lexus did not integrate the sequential turn signals that they promoted the 2018 NX 300 with. I was disappointed in that.
This is due to an old law here in the US regarding the size of the initial indicator illumination.
Congrats on the new NX though!
Old 10-29-17, 06:07 AM
endTIMES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yardie876
This is due to an old law here in the US regarding the size of the initial indicator illumination.
Congrats on the new NX though!
Ah, that explains why the 2018 Audi A4 went with the sequential on the tail lights. I really loved the look of that on the Lexus. It is a shame.
Old 10-29-17, 01:35 PM
askdogey
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if this can be turned on with modding?
Old 10-29-17, 09:29 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought a 2018 NX 300 F Sport today that had the new LC500 Triple Beams on it. Apparently it is the first one in Florida or so I was told. I will say they seem to project further than my HID's I had in my 2015 Camry from XeonDepot and the sides definitely cast out more light. I am going to attribute this to the quality of projectors as the Camry isn't outputting the full potential of HID's. That being said, we drove home from Tampa Bay Lexus in the rain and both myself and my fiancee were
astonished with how the triple beams cut through sthe rain and kept light on the road. It was like a ghosting effect where the rain almost looked static because of literally zero interruption in the beam spread. Also going down I-75 from Tampa, there are literally no street lights on that stretch of 75 and we had the brightest and longest projecting headlights out of anyone on the road - by far.

As for the looks, its pretty unbeatable especially at night. I wasn't expecting to get the Triple Beams when I went to the dealer because I called so many dealers in Florida and none had one with the triples. Even the one I ended up buying, I was told it did not have the triple beams. I figured it was going to have to be a special order thing but I lucked out when I got to the dealer and they brought out an Ultra White / Rioja Red F Sport NX300 which had the Triple Beams, Kick Sensor for the back gate, Nav. Package, Premium Package and the new Adaptive Variable Suspension. Of course all of that raped my wallet a bit but I am very impressed with the headlights.

Do do you mind sharing the MSRP for your build? I’m looking for the same build!
Old 10-30-17, 06:30 AM
endTIMES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GreentAzn
Do do you mind sharing the MSRP for your build? I’m looking for the same build!
Without going through the paper work to get the exact figure, I recall it being right around $48,000. I believe just under that like $47,980 or something close.