Stereo Upgrade

Old 08-18-17, 11:52 AM
mps2220
Driver School Candidate

Amp Done

Old 12-04-18, 09:44 PM
Grahaminat
Driver School Candidate

Hey and thanks for posting these photos! This answers my question about which wires to cut since the speakers I'm installing in the dash for my 2017 NX200t only have one black & one red wire. I'm glad you specified that two of them are not used.

Couple of questions:

1. Did you just leave the wiring harness connector connected to the two unused wires?

2. Did it rattle or make any noise? I would be tempted to just snip the other two wires, put a terminal end cap on each unused wire and just get that connector out of the loop altogether. Any reason why I should or should not do that?

Also, I wonder why Lexus used two sets of color coded wires for the left and right sides? You probably don't know, but I'm just curious.
Old 12-05-18, 06:25 PM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

Subscribed - plan on doing something very similar.
Old 12-10-18, 11:42 PM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

OP - how did things turn out in the end? Staging and so forth. Very curious.
Old 01-07-19, 08:19 AM
ramses974
Rookie

Originally Posted by hadiguy05 View Post
As a SQL judge and competitor for MECA, USACI, IASCA I much prefer a well placed and natural sound stage over having a flat frequency response with an RTA. It was always easier to tune a stereo with a flat response with pink noise, than have a well placed sound stage that accurately replicated instruments and vocals. I had two Eq/time delay settings for these competitions.

But, BRAVO to the OP for what he's doing!

As a side note, do you guys feel the dash is deep enough and the windshield is sloped well enough with respect to the driver's seat to recreate a sound stage that it sounds like it's coming from outside the car on the hood? I've been itchy to determine if it's worth the investment. Lol my wife would say no, but the audiophile in me wants to rip it all out and do something like the OP and some......
Oh did not see this answer,
1) i am agree that having a flat response with RTA is much easier than getting a well placed sound stage,but you can have both too...
In modern sound system now placement is not the aim, the aim isto "wrap "through all the listeners like a dolby prologic 2 or something close does
2)the dash is deep enough to get a well litered speaker between 2 and 4" . With a good litered Dynaudio you can slope it to 300hz on the dash . this is what did a friend of mine who changed all the speaker for dynaudio . Mine is only 500hz...And yes you can go larger than stock in soundstaging

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo Upgrade

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: