NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

New to the f-sport NX- mod list suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-17, 09:12 PM
Georgeth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the f-sport NX- mod list suggestions

So I just sold my wife's IS 350 to get her a "like new" NX F-sport. Picked up a 2016 with 7200 miles. Always looking for the next mod, my head is spinning figuring out the list of to do's. The new NX is white, so thinking storm trooper, with some black pearl. Cosmetic exterior mods first, to make it stand out from the rest. Here is what I'm thinking:
Black pearl emblems, rear and front. Looking for the best place to buy them, and the best quality.
Grill surround - either color match, black pearl, or black. Opinions? And where to buy. Vinyl, paint? NO PLASTIDIP! Not putting that **** on a 40+k car
Blacked out roof - again vinyl or paint, thinking gloss
All other exterior chrome accents either black pearl or blacked out
Rims - stock, or the forged F-sport rims
Id love to lower it to eliminate the wheel gap, but the wife is against screwing with the ride.
I like to make everything like stock, like the designers at Lexus would have done, but didn't.
Please chime in with opinions, suggestions.
Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 07-02-17, 09:15 PM
Lametrodad
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RX-F Sport wheels are super pricy I'm into them for 1700 and 720 in tires but u can't beat the look, I think they are the best wheels for the NX
Originally Posted by Georgeth
So I just sold my wife's IS 350 to get her a "like new" NX F-sport. Picked up a 2016 with 7200 miles. Always looking for the next mod, my head is spinning figuring out the list of to do's. The new NX is white, so thinking storm trooper, with some black pearl. Cosmetic exterior mods first, to make it stand out from the rest. Here is what I'm thinking:
Black pearl emblems, rear and front. Looking for the best place to buy them, and the best quality.
Grill surround - either color match, black pearl, or black. Opinions? And where to buy. Vinyl, paint? NO PLASTIDIP! Not putting that **** on a 40+k car
Id love to lower it to eliminate the wheel gap, but the wife is against screwing with the ride.
I like to make everything like stock, like the designers at Lexus would have done, but didn't.
The following users liked this post:
HKS JZS161 (09-30-17)
Old 07-02-17, 09:27 PM
Georgeth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking these, but the ones you posted are pretty sweet. Also loving the color matched flares. I gonna have to do that for sure.
Old 07-02-17, 09:33 PM
Lametrodad
Driver School Candidate

Did not really care for the 19's I like the color
of these better. Yes the flares was easy they come off simple, I took them to my body shop buddy and painted them for $100 bucks that was the first thing I did after I got the car home
Old 07-03-17, 02:09 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Do you know the weight (maybe a guess) on those 20" wheels from RX350 F-SPORT?
Old 09-11-17, 11:40 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I too am very interested in the weight. I have heard the 19" forged wheels are substantially lighter than the stock NX F-Sport wheels. Would be nice to know.
Old 09-11-17, 01:04 PM
zelmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Georgeth
Conversion of non-LED lights to LEDs. Very subtle modification but really useful.
Old 09-11-17, 04:04 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I stopped doing that, even the high end ones I buy start to flicker over time. And most of the time you don't know they are flickering unless you are following your own car in another car. they will flicker on bumps and such.
Old 09-11-17, 04:16 PM
zelmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I stopped doing that, even the high end ones I buy start to flicker over time. And most of the time you don't know they are flickering unless you are following your own car in another car. they will flicker on bumps and such.
The only non-LEDs in the NX F SPORT are the cargo lights, vanity mirror lights, reverse lights and rear turns.

Not sure what you're referring to when you said "you don't know they are flickering unless you are following your own car in another car".