NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

3 days after purchase, I already regreat it!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-17, 04:42 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3 days after purchase, what to expect!!

Yeah! you read right, 200t (non sport)

First impression, the nav freeze up on me...I upgraded the nav and the software bricked on me until I reset the battery ...cmon! Is this made in China!????

Suspension feels so cheap! But maybe it was me ...until I took a 30 degree turn and floored it at High Speed ...the car rebounded 3 times and ended up on the other lane! This is such a NOGO for me!!! I could of crashed it badly just by a simple manoeuver I do this turn all the time with all my cars with no issues.

Sunroof flap is not poping up, another issue grrrr..

Watch this as it happened to me to a lesser degree ...

Everything that containt a spring is poorly design! Lexus are you reading this!!!

This car was not well designed for performance...the look dont give that impression.

Trading it for the Touareg or I should I spends another 2k trying to make a viable car change to the suspension ...

Darrn!!! So pissed now.

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-25-17 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 05:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

You didn't figure that out during a test drive?

The NX wasn't designed for performance...so your expectations are unrealistic.
Old 06-22-17, 05:53 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
You didn't figure that out during a test drive?

The NX wasn't designed for performance...so your expectations are unrealistic.
I don't think they would let met push it to high speed cornering when tried it out at the dealer. If its not for performance what is it good for?
Would you put 18 inch sports tires on a grandpa's car for fun?

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-25-17 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-22-17, 06:31 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Lexus isn't reading this. You should contact them directly and air out your issues.
Old 06-22-17, 06:51 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by aztr0
Lexus isn't reading this. You should contact them directly and air out your issues.
I certainly will let them know, this is a big issue, Im wondering why nobody noticed this bouncing effect before hand. I mean theres not going to have a fix for this until the next 2019-2020 models.
Old 06-22-17, 07:13 PM
B2FiNiTY
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you only have yourself to blame.
The following users liked this post:
Oldfart (06-24-17)
Old 06-22-17, 08:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Lazerboy, 225/60/18 all-season tires are not performance tires. I would not encourage driving 150 kph when the speed limit is 100 kph. Any mainstream/luxury crossover vehicle doing an emergency lane change maneuver will be unsettled at 150 kph.

Consider RSR lowering springs (or coilovers) and performance summer tires to reduce body-roll, center of gravity, and improve the sportiness and high-speed stability if it's a priority to you.

I saw in your other post you have a nice fully loaded (Executive) Eminent White NX. I want to say congratulations and I hope you can still enjoy at city and lower highway speeds.

Safe driving!
Old 06-23-17, 04:55 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Lazerboy, 225/60/18 all-season tires are not performance tires. I would not encourage driving 150 kph when the speed limit is 100 kph. Any mainstream/luxury crossover vehicle doing an emergency lane change maneuver will be unsettled at 150 kph.

Consider RSR lowering springs (or coilovers) and performance summer tires to reduce body-roll, center of gravity, and improve the sportiness and high-speed stability if it's a priority to you.

I saw in your other post you have a nice fully loaded (Executive) Eminent White NX. I want to say congratulations and I hope you can still enjoy at city and lower highway speeds.

Safe driving!
Thanks.

When I mentioned that I changed lane, it was not intentional, its the unexpected behavior of the car limit which was reached.

It has become second nature to do test limits because of my work.

I will consider your opinion. Any good suggestion for the tire brands and/or coilovers?

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-25-17 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-23-17, 05:08 AM
HaloLaser
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
Thanks.

When I mentioned that I changed lane, it was not intentional, its the unexpected behavior of the car limit which was reached.

Beeing in the Heli test business, It has become second nature to do test limits

Here in Canada, specially in Toronto,Ontario where the speed limit is 100kph but the average running speed is around 130kph , this is due to 18 wheelers trains running at 120kph. You sometimes need to clear them fast as they catch you in a sandwitch which make the 150kph peak speeds a valid test for me (btw I don't drive at those speed daily, its only a spot check where no cars are around in miles away). This is why I prefer doing my driving test limit before hand. I also find it a good practice to test your car limits in extreme driving condition in a controlled environmement so that you don't get a surprise in critical situation. Parking lots are a good place to perform your tests , specially in the winter time where you want to know how your winter tires performs.

But if you prefer to respect the limits I respect your way .
good driving
Old 06-23-17, 09:27 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

So, you "upgraded" the Nav. Does that mean you got new maps, or you did the mandatory firmware updates. I did the updates without any intervention or issue, but updating electronics is notoriously touchy. I'm not sure it's a deal breaker, but it is inconvenient. Same with the wind deflector. Are you close to your dealer?

Your suspension issue is in my opinion, inappropriate expectations. It's an SUV, and you didn't even spring for the FSport with an upgraded suspension. You think you should be able to take a 30 degree turn at more than 90 MPH in an 4000 pound SUV on OEM tires because you think the car looks sporty?!?! You say you do it all the time in your other cars, but you don't mention what those are, or if they are STOCK SUVs. You're right! You could have crashed badly, and you could be lucky you didn't. Worse yet, you could have taken someone else with you.

i enjoy cornering, too. I have a 2016 FSport on all season tires, that does a surprising job of delivering a fun corner occasionally (I get a really fun transition ramp every morning), but I would never expect it to match my MINI Hardtop, or even the CT200 I had previously. And I would never think of trying a corner as you describe.

FYI - Lexus isn't going to help on this one.

Last edited by User 41924; 06-23-17 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-23-17, 09:29 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Life's too short to drive a car you hate...just trade it in and be happy on your new purchase.

I've had mine for close to a year, and love it. I don't baby it either.
Old 06-23-17, 09:30 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy

Trading it for the Touareg .........
This. After reading this post and your other posts it's obvious that you've bought the wrong car for you. Time to trade it for something that will do what you want.
Old 06-23-17, 09:31 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

well every car has limits...at least you know what they are so you hopefully wont hurt anyone.
Old 06-23-17, 09:40 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Torii
well every car has limits...at least you know what they are so you hopefully wont hurt anyone.
Don't worry I won't. Thanks
Old 06-23-17, 10:00 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
So, you "upgraded" the Nav. Does that mean you got new maps, or you did the mandatory firmware updates. I did the updates without any intervention or issue, but updating electronics is notoriously touchy. I'm not sure it's a deal breaker, but it is inconvenient. Same with the wind deflector. Are you close to your dealer?

Your suspension issue is in my opinion, inappropriate expectations. It's an SUV, and you didn't even spring for the FSport with an upgraded suspension. You think you should be able to take a 30 degree turn at more than 90 MPH in an 4000 pound SUV on OEM tires because you think the car looks sporty?!?! You say you do it all the time in your other cars, but you don't mention what those are, or if they are STOCK SUVs. You're right! You could have crashed badly, and you could be lucky you didn't. Worse yet, you could have taken someone else with you.

i enjoy cornering, too. I have a 2016 FSport on all season tires, that does a surprising job of delivering a fun corner occasionally (I get a really fun transition ramp every morning), but I would never expect it to match my MINI Hardtop, or even the CT200 I had previously. And I would never think of trying a corner as you describe.

FYI - Lexus isn't going to help on this one.
So much this. The NX for what it is is actually pretty good. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 that I wouldn't have done a 30 degree swerve in at 150km/h even, let alone this thing.

Enjoy being disappointed with the Touareg too, it's even softer than the NX. If you want a sporty SUV, Jaguar F-Pace or Porsche Macan (and enjoy paying for it). Otherwise, get yourself a true sports car.

Oh and stop driving like an asshat on the public roads.

Quick Reply: 3 days after purchase, I already regreat it!!