NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2015 Nx200T Base OEM suspension feels disconnected, upgrade to Tiguan parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-17, 07:06 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Nx200T Base OEM suspension feels disconnected, upgrade to Tiguan parts?

I dont know but since trying out all the NX200T (non sport version = base) and owning one myself, the suspension feels weird (disconnected from the road). Too much sway, yaw and roll I guess.

I drive a Yaris and my girlfriend has the Tiguan, I can feel the responsiveness and confident connection to the road.

Is there a low cost upgrade I could do to have the same responsiveness but with my Lexus?

Struts, Coils, Tires?

Im reading that front spring change could make it feel like the sports version of the lexus, but again I hear that its too stiff.

Out of desperation, can I just put the TIGUAN suspension part in the Lexus!!!! What can I change to have that connection again?

Also I find that the turbo is way SLOW to kick in ... no fun

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-20-17 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-20-17, 08:03 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
I dont know but since trying out all the NX200T (non sport version = base) and owning one myself, the suspension feels weird (disconnected from the road). Too much sway, yaw and roll I guess.

I drive a Yaris and my girlfriend has the Tiguan, I can feel the responsiveness and confident connection to the road.

Is there a low cost upgrade I could do to have the same responsiveness but with my Lexus?

Struts, Coils, Tires?

Im reading that front spring change could make it feel like the sports version of the lexus, but again I hear that its too stiff.

Out of desperation, can I just put the TIGUAN suspension part in the Lexus!!!! What can I change to have that connection again?

WTF is this? Troll much?. Love polluted Foxwagen too much then go and buy the tick-guan of yours.
Old 06-20-17, 10:05 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Struts, Coils, Tires?

I wanna know what kind of stuff your smoking. Cause it must be good. Read your question u say u own a nx but u drive a Yaris, This is for sure a troll.
Old 06-21-17, 12:29 AM
DiscoMnky
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The NX is by no means a performance car but it will outperform a Yaris in all aspects and it is a much better car than a Tiguan. Try installing Tiguan parts and post pics... let us know how that goes.
Old 06-21-17, 05:06 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
WTF is this? Troll much?. Love polluted Foxwagen too much then go and buy the tick-guan of yours.

Dude,you have to think outta of tha Lexus Box! For your cultural infomation , the Touareg has the 911 Porche Cayenne frame structure. Vw Tiguan uses the Audi A4 frame.

Lexus NX feels like its mounted on a RAV4 frame!

I got the TIGUAN already if you can read correctly! Maybe You should yourself try it

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-21-17 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-21-17, 05:10 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by DiscoMnky
The NX is by no means a performance car but it will outperform a Yaris in all aspects and it is a much better car than a Tiguan. Try installing Tiguan parts and post pics... let us know how that goes.
I'm not talking about performance of the engine here, of course Lexus 235hp (deer power) is better than the Yaris 100hp (turtle power), but the car dynamic of a Yaris Sport and Tiguan feels more closer to a rally car than the lexus does. Handling is wayyy better in tight turn .

The goal here is to have the best of both worlds.
Old 06-21-17, 09:23 AM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Your NX came with 17" wheels?
Old 06-21-17, 12:01 PM
TURBO4DR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Yaris feels like a rally car? lol
Old 06-21-17, 01:38 PM
HaloLaser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kukudm
Your NX came with 17" wheels?
nah their 18.. ive got the exec model with nav.
Old 06-21-17, 01:39 PM
HaloLaser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TURBO4DR
Your Yaris feels like a rally car? lol
Yep it also look like one. Hb model.

I got the impression im trying to convince my grandpa for a f1 race...Oh well keep driving youre grandpa's car then cant complain i guess.

Last edited by HaloLaser; 06-21-17 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-21-17, 03:53 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Lexus NX feels like its mounted on a RAV4 frame!
Yes. Based off of XA40 RAV4. Frame and wheelbase. Everything else not.
Old 06-21-17, 06:49 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by HaloLaser
nah their 18.. ive got the exec model with nav.
Try larger rims 19 or 20's, so you have more options for summer tires. Wider rims too 8.5 to 9.5, to stretch out tires a little for sharper responses and more road feels. Suspension wise, the NX seems to be on the firm side, once I got rid of the stock 17's and went to 19's with summer tires, it totally transformed the driving experience. I can step on the gas thru mid speed corner with confidence. My other car is an S2000 so I'm very particular about driving experience. I found the NX with better summer tires to be more than acceptable.
Old 06-22-17, 06:18 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by kukudm
Try larger rims 19 or 20's, so you have more options for summer tires. Wider rims too 8.5 to 9.5, to stretch out tires a little for sharper responses and more road feels. Suspension wise, the NX seems to be on the firm side, once I got rid of the stock 17's and went to 19's with summer tires, it totally transformed the driving experience. I can step on the gas thru mid speed corner with confidence. My other car is an S2000 so I'm very particular about driving experience. I found the NX with better summer tires to be more than acceptable.
Ok thanks for the tip ...

****PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW
can you try this out with your 19' tires on your NX (please be safe in doing so); do a 30 degree angle turn and floor it up to High speed while doing it so to see if it bounces all over the place. I ended up on the second lane in doing so. All my other cheapo non turbo cars dont have this effect.

Im very suprise that my stock 18' michelin tires would be the main cause for this bouncing effect, but it might help.

**** NOTE: please use your good judment at all time!! This manoeuver is EXTREMELY dangerous and it can make you DIE. Also do not bypass the law in any circumcirtances as it can get you to jail and have a heavy fine.
I personnally will repeat the test in a racetrack (controlled environment) with professional people (this is my daily job).

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-23-17 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 07:41 PM
Cfactor
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks for the tip ... can you try this out with your 19' tires on your NX (please be safe in doing so); do a 30 degree angle turn and floor it up to 150 km/h while doing it so to see if it bounces all over the place. I ended up on the second lane in doing so. All my other cheapo non turbo cars dont have this effect.

Im very suprise that my stock 18' michelin tires would be the main cause for this bouncing effect, but it might help.

My first tought would be front spongy suspension springs they change in the FSport version.
you're the kind of person that should be kept off the road. Stop endangering others with your bad and illegal driving habits.
The following users liked this post:
Garyson (07-08-17)
Old 06-22-17, 08:06 PM
DiscoMnky
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know all of these companies use certain suggestive badging to attract buyers (mostly non-car folks who wannabe car folks) to buy their cars. For example... "Sport, M-Sport, AMG Pkg, F-Sport, S-Line, etc..." When you buy a Lexus, unless it is the LFA, it is unrealistic to expect a performance car. It was not made nor tuned for this from the factory. The F-Sport badge is for marketing. If you want a car that corners, get a E46 M3 or a supercar or at least something that was meant for that. But with enough time and money you can make even a slushy Lexus corner like a Macan if that is what you really want.

I'm not talking about performance of the engine here, of course Lexus 235hp (deer power) is better than the Yaris 100hp (turtle power), but the car dynamic of a Yaris Sport and Tiguan feels more closer to a rally car than the lexus does. Handling is wayyy better in tight turn .

The goal here is to have the best of both worlds.
The following users liked this post:
Garyson (07-08-17)

Quick Reply: 2015 Nx200T Base OEM suspension feels disconnected, upgrade to Tiguan parts?