NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Sunrooof wind flap not poping up :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-17, 09:42 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sunroof front noise flap not poping up

Hi, I just purchased my NX200T 2015 (Executive models) and I noticed that the front flap when opening my sunroof does not pop up automatically. I can push it up with my hands.

Is this a spring issue or standard on all NX models
Old 06-18-17, 10:16 AM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Lazerboy..you might want to ask in the NX forum on this site..this area is for the RC models so you may not get much response..

Welcome to Club Lexus
Old 06-19-17, 03:19 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Default Sunrooof wind flap not poping up :(

Hi, I just purchased my NX200T 2015 Executive at 66k and I noticed that the front flap when opening my sunroof does not pop up automatically. I can push it up with my hands and it kinda want to pop up.

Any one else having a spring issue on your NX ??? I was hoping for better quality springs from Lexus!

Any Quick fix for that?
Old 06-19-17, 07:31 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Back to the dealer.
Old 06-19-17, 04:04 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by aztr0
Back to the dealer.
I was hoping for a quick fix before spending 1000$ for a spring
Old 06-20-17, 06:14 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
I was hoping for a quick fix before spending 1000$ for a spring
You aren't going to spend $1000 for a spring. Maybe for labor, but not for the spring . There is one small spring on both sides. Check to see if they are both there and they move freely. You should be able to lift it up with a finger. There is also a rubber seal along the front of the wind deflector. Make sure it's not bunched up and binding. If both of those look OK, try lubricating the pivot points. If none of that works, take it in. It's a simple mechanism that is pretty much all out in the open, so it should be an easy fix.

BTW. It seems likely that it's still under warranty, and if you bought it from a dealer, they should fix it in any event.
Old 06-23-17, 07:56 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Woodrow
You aren't going to spend $1000 for a spring. Maybe for labor, but not for the spring . There is one small spring on both sides. Check to see if they are both there and they move freely. You should be able to lift it up with a finger. There is also a rubber seal along the front of the wind deflector. Make sure it's not bunched up and binding. If both of those look OK, try lubricating the pivot points. If none of that works, take it in. It's a simple mechanism that is pretty much all out in the open, so it should be an easy fix.

BTW. It seems likely that it's still under warranty, and if you bought it from a dealer, they should fix it in any event.

Ok thanks, I will, no quick fix
Old 06-28-17, 06:04 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by aztr0
Back to the dealer.
Went to the stealership, they charged me 40$+tax to tell me it was dirty (which was not at all, i'm not stupid).

After 1 hour of waiting the problem is still there... the plastic on the flap is not slipping, he just greased it with a silicon based spay.

They finally gave me the Silicon spray which ony works for 10 mins and when the liquid dry up, the problem is stll persist.
Old 06-28-17, 06:12 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
Went to the stealership, they charged me 40$+tax to tell me it was dirty (which was not at all, i'm not stupid).

After 1 hour of waiting the problem is still there... the plastic on the flap is not slipping, he just greased it with a silicon based spay.

They finally gave me the Silicon spray which ony works for 10 mins and when the liquid dry up, the problem is stll persist.
that's like going to them with an oil leak and them handing you a case of oil...