NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Color combos

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 05:24 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Color combos

I've got some decisions to make soon about ordering my next vehicle. I am torn with the color combos. I am ordering the NX Turbo, not the sport, I just couldn't do the seats.

So I'm thinking of either White with Flaxen interior or the Red with Cream interior. I really like the flaxen but don't think it would work with the red?? What do you all think? I have all black interior now and really don't want that again. Also as far as exterior...it's either white or red.

My second dilemma is...order now or wait. I have to order now by June 15th, or wait till after September to order (due to an ordering freeze). I am wondering if I wait will I then be ordering a 2018 NX. Which would be fine, but I will not know the price as far as how much it will go up then.

NOTE: I work for Toyota and I am ordering an associate lease (one of our benefits) if you are wondering. Our orders go in on the 15th of every month. My present lease is up in July, but I can still keep it for like 6 months afterward.
Old 05-26-17, 05:33 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We love our Matador Red with creme interior. I think creme or flaxen would be fine. I agree with avoiding black. That has been a huge pain in our ES.

As far as timing the order, yes I would think if you waited until September or later you would definitely get a 2018 model year. That would be my recommendation. My biggest disappointment with the NX is that it has too much road/wind noise (at least compared to our ES and previous RX) and the 2018 purportedly has better sound deadening.

Last edited by TechNut; 05-28-17 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-28-17, 07:43 AM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Ditto on the Matador Red/Creme combo - wife's 17 NX stands out among all the other more muted colors. The red is a really deep color and shines brilliantly.
Old 05-28-17, 08:15 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Thanks for the replys. Yes, I've seen the red/cream combo...there are a few at work. That's how I was drawn to it in the first place. Right outside my window at work is the top (open) floor of our parking garage. There is a gal that has the red/cream NX and it caught my eye shining in the sun! I'm just not sure I like the cream interior.

My other choice would be the white w/flaxen, I love the Lexus white. I have a white Rav4 now, a white RX before that, a white Avalon before that, that's why I was thinking about something different this time.

Question: Is the dash in your vehicles cream also?
Old 05-28-17, 08:33 AM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The dash is a two tone - vertical lower parts creme/tan and the upper horizontal parts black - see pic below. I like the Lexus white as well - my '14 IS250 is white with tan interior - dash is all black.

Old 05-28-17, 08:51 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Here is a pic of a white NX w/flaxen interior, which I kind of like, this is from a dealers website. On these the dash is all black, I think with the cream you get the two-toned dash. I need to see this in person though because it looks kind of orange to me, even though I think in person it wouldn't be as orange looking.

Old 05-28-17, 10:36 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Haha! Look I know you all are like, "come on lady, just pick a color"!! It's just I've got a lot of stressful things going on right now, and this whole car thing is just another stressful thing!!
Old 05-29-17, 06:56 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toymom
Haha! Look I know you all are like, "come on lady, just pick a color"!! It's just I've got a lot of stressful things going on right now, and this whole car thing is just another stressful thing!!
Not at all. We picked a black interior on a quick decision when we got our ES because we loved the Atomic Silver exterior. We have regretted that decision as the black is hotter and much more effort to keep looking nice. It shows scuffs, scrapes and fingerprints much worse in my experience than the lighter parchments and creme interiors. Unfortunately, on the newer creme interiors like the interior of the NX, the lower parts of the doors and carpet are still black so it is only marginally better than older models where the entire interior was the lighter color. I do think the two-tone appearance of the creme interior is very striking though and we have enjoyed it much better than our all black interior.

I guess my point is that you need to take all the time you need to make your decision so that you have no regrets.

I think the the more important decision may be 2017 model year or 2018 model year. If I were in your position, I would seriously consider the 2018 due to the rumored improvements in sound deadening of the new model.
Old 05-30-17, 09:41 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

We have the black with cream interior. We love it with one exception. When the sun hits the cream end of the dash just right, it reflects off the side window and if you try to use the drivers side mirror, all you see is that cream end of the dash. I wish the dash was all black because of this.
Old 05-30-17, 01:03 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by olgzr
We have the black with cream interior. We love it with one exception. When the sun hits the cream end of the dash just right, it reflects off the side window and if you try to use the drivers side mirror, all you see is that cream end of the dash. I wish the dash was all black because of this.
Hhmmm....Interesting. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with the cream interior.
Old 05-30-17, 04:58 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toymom
Hhmmm....Interesting. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with the cream interior.
Never noticed it. Interesting observation. I wonder if tinting makes a difference?
Old 05-30-17, 06:19 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by olgzr
I'm not sure that what you are describing is related to the cream interior. I don't have an NX, but, with my ES with all black interior, including the dash, I have exactly the same thing that you describe. When the light is reflecting at just the right angle, the dash reflects off of the window and that reflection interferes with what is seen in the mirror. So, I'm not sure that a different color dash would change that situation.
Old 05-31-17, 02:34 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I'm not sure that what you are describing is related to the cream interior. I don't have an NX, but, with my ES with all black interior, including the dash, I have exactly the same thing that you describe. When the light is reflecting at just the right angle, the dash reflects off of the window and that reflection interferes with what is seen in the mirror. So, I'm not sure that a different color dash would change that situation.
You may be right. I've noticed that on an occasional car in the past but never this bad. I assumed it was the cream that made the problem worse. It's not a bad enough problem to try and re color the end of the dash so we will just live with it. Love the car otherwise.
Old 06-01-17, 02:24 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
This has happened to be with a black dash that got too much Armor All. Now I use only no gloss protectant and don't notice the problem.
Old 06-01-17, 02:27 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096

I think the the more important decision may be 2017 model year or 2018 model year. If I were in your position, I would seriously consider the 2018 due to the rumored improvements in sound deadening of the new model.
I hd the same decision to make. The deal was too good for the 2017 for me to risk waiting and being the victim of the price increase. I expect that the mid-cycle changes will increase the popularity, making negotiating tough for several months.

Quick Reply: Color combos