NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-17, 10:58 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

so its true 2018 RX no longer will build FSport? No pricing in 2018 FSport column.
But no 2018 FSport pricing except for GS and NX.
Old 09-03-17, 11:01 AM
aldini
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trailhiker
Interesting to see that MSRP for 2018 300h is less than 2017 but the non hybrid has increased
nice find! Thank you. Any release dates? I've heard the non-hybrid will include PCS
Old 09-03-17, 11:18 AM
trailhiker
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aldini
nice find! Thank you. Any release dates? I've heard the non-hybrid will include PCS
Lexus has made news releases for the RX and ES including product sheets and specs of packages last week on their site. Thinking the NX will be next (or hoping at least!).
Old 09-04-17, 07:15 AM
Lead Lap

Default Nav

I wish they would get rid of the touch pad on the NX NAV. I really liked the mouse controller on my RX's.
Old 09-04-17, 08:31 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,011 Likes on 691 Posts

Lexus has made news releases for the RX and ES including product sheets and specs of packages last week on their site. Thinking the NX will be next (or hoping at least!).
Where are you finding that information on the Lexus site? When I look, I'm still only seeing information about the 2017 RX and 2017 ES.
Old 09-04-17, 09:48 AM
trailhiker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lesz
Where are you finding that information on the Lexus site? When I look, I'm still only seeing information about the 2017 RX and 2017 ES.
On the Lexus site. You'll see the 2018 specs and releases here http://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus/releases/
The following users liked this post:
MissEllie (09-04-17)
Old 09-04-17, 10:14 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

On the Lexus site. You'll see the 2018 specs and releases here http://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus/releases/
Thanks for the link.
Old 09-04-17, 10:56 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
I wish they would get rid of the touch pad on the NX NAV. I really liked the mouse controller on my RX's.
I totally agree, but Lexus is not listening. It's the most annoying and frustrating thing they have ever done. I never use my Nav anymore.

I have complained about this many times and even commented to the Lexus Advisory Board in the past. I used to get surveys regularly from the advisory board but nothing in many months. It would appear Lexus no longer wants owners opinions.

I hate the touch pad so much my next Lexus will not have Navigation. That's if i buy another Lexus, I'm shopping elsewhere at this time since my lease is almost up.
Old 09-04-17, 10:59 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just read somewhere that the 2018 RX will be out mid December. I would think the NX would be similar. The 2015 NX came out in late November 2014, If I recall correctly.
Old 09-06-17, 12:33 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder what's the reason behind changing the name of the 200t to 300. I thought they were upping the power on the engine but it's the same engine.
Old 09-06-17, 09:44 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I wonder what's the reason behind changing the name of the 200t to 300. I thought they were upping the power on the engine but it's the same engine.
When Lexus has named its hybrid vehicles, the number in the name is supposed to represent an estimate of what the size would be of an ICE that would yield the same power as the combined ICE and electric power output of the hybrid. For example, with the RX450h, they are saying that it would take a 4.5 liter ICE to give the same horsepower as the 3.5 liter ICE plus the electric engine that the car has. With the ES300h, they are saying that it would take a 3.0 liter ICU to give the same horsepower as the 2.5 liter ICE plus the electric engine the car has.

I suspect that Lexus is now moving toward a similar naming scheme for vehicles with turbo engines. Thus, they are saying that, for the NX300t it would take a 3.0 liter non-turbo engine to provide the same power as the 2.0 liter turbo engine in the vehicle.

Last edited by lesz; 09-06-17 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-06-17, 11:35 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
When Lexus has named its hybrid vehicles, the number in the name is supposed to represent an estimate of what the size would be of an ICE that would yield the same power as the combined ICE and electric power output of the hybrid. For example, with the RX450h, they are saying that it would take a 4.5 liter ICE to give the same horsepower as the 3.5 liter ICE plus the electric engine that the car has. With the ES300h, they are saying that it would take a 3.0 liter ICU to give the same horsepower as the 2.5 liter ICE plus the electric engine the car has.

I suspect that Lexus is now moving toward a similar naming scheme for vehicles with turbo engines. Thus, they are saying that, for the NX300t, it would take a 3.0 liter non-turbo engine to provide the same power as the 2.0 liter turbo engine in the vehicle.
^^^ What he said above except I don't think they call it NX300t, though. I think it is NX300 and NX300h.
Old 09-06-17, 12:31 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
^^^ What he said above except I don't think they call it NX300t, though. I think it is NX300 and NX300h.
You are correct. In my haste to type the answer, I just started, without much thought, typing an "h" or a "t", after the number of a hybrid or turbo model. I've corrected that error in my earlier post.
Old 09-06-17, 03:15 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Latest NX News 9-6-2017

Latest press release from Lexus yesterday, for those of you that are closely monitoring the NX300's news.

PR:
http://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus/rel...nveniences.htm

Price Sheet (Credit: Trailhiker):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...et_8_23_17.pdf
Old 09-06-17, 03:35 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Summary that I find new to myself:

New F-Sport Exterior/Interior Option
The F SPORT package exclusively offers perforated Black or Circuit Red NuLuxe, each accentuated by metallic trim. The F SPORT seats feature black accent strips with perforated NuLuxe seat inserts and smooth bolsters. Genuine leather in Crème or Black distinguishes the Luxury package, which also trims the cabin with Linear Black Shadow Wood.
Apple Integration
For Apple iPhone® users, Siri® Eyes Free Mode puts select Siri technology at your service. Siri lets you call contacts, select and play music from iTunes®, get turn-by-turn navigation through Siri and Apple maps, and more. Those with a Qi-compatible smartphone or other device can leave the charging cord home; the NX offers an available Qi wireless charging tray inside the console box.
Lexus Enform Keeps You Connected
Complimentary now for the first ten years on all 2018 Lexus models, Lexus Enform Safety Connect includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.

General Summary What’s New for 2018
  • NX 200t is now the NX 300
  • Lexus Safety System+ becomes standard equipment on all NX models
  • Standard eight inch multimedia screen; 10.3-inch multimedia screen available with Navigation
  • A second-generation RTI that’s 30 percent larger for better control and to make menu selections easier
  • New interior and exterior colors
  • Power folding outside mirrors standard on all NX models
  • Base and Hybrid 17-inch alloy wheels and 18-inch alloy wheel tires receive new darker finish
  • Optional 18-inch alloy wheels with All-Season tires for Base and Hybrid models

Chassis/Body/Suspension/Brakes/Tires
  • Advanced construction techniques include laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding that help provide enhanced overall body rigidity
  • Acoustic glass windshield
  • Double-wishbone rear suspension
  • Electric Power Steering System
  • Standard 17-inch wheels (18-inch available)

Safety/Security
  • Lexus Safety System+ becomes standard equipment on all NX models
  • High- and ultra-high-tensile steel body structure
  • Eight SRS airbags, including a dual stage driver’s airbag and knee airbag, dual-stage and dual-chamber front passenger airbag, front side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags
  • Whiplash-injury lessening front seats
  • Headlight off-delay
  • Backup camera
  • Theft-deterrent system
Luxury/Comfort/Convenience
  • Power back door with kick sensor available as standalone option
  • A reimagined Luxury Package with electrochromic mirrors and reverse tilt and memory mirrors and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • An enhanced Comfort Package with electrochromic mirrors, driver and passenger heated and ventilated seats and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • 10-way power driver’s seat; eight-way power front passenger seat
  • Dual-zone automatic climate control
  • Available Power tilt and telescoping steering column
  • Power windows with one-touch up/down and jam protection on all windows
  • Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with newly standard eight inch screen display audio controller and 8 speakers
  • Available Second Gen Lexus Navigation System with Remote Touch Interface (RTI) and Lexus Enform App Suite
  • Lexus Enform Wi-Fi with 4GB of space to connect Wi-Fi enabled devices and smartphones to the vehicles’ Wi-Fi hotspot, complimentary for ten years
  • 4.2-inch full color multi-information display including audio, fuel consumption, navigation, tire pressure, outside temperature, odometer, trip meter and shift position
Warranty
  • 48 month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles
  • 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage
  • 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage
  • Hybrid System Warranty coverage is for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and covers the following components: hybrid control module, hybrid battery control module, hybrid battery and inverter with converter

Quick Reply: Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX