NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-17, 10:36 AM
Naren
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2018 lexus models Enform prices are changed and these are competitive prices (PRICING FOR 2018 LC, NX, RC, RC F AND LS)
1. Complimentary for up to 10 years, Safety Connect*
Below services can be combined
2. REMOTE $8.00[MONTHLY]/ $80.00[YEARLY] INCLUDES SERVICE CONNECT*
3.DESTINATION ASSIST REQUIRES NAVIGATION$8.00[MONTHLY]/$80.00[YEARLY]INCLUDES SERVICE CONNECT*
4.SAFETY CONNECT COMPLIMENTARY FOR 10 YEARS $8.00[MONTHLY]/$80.00[YEARLY]INCLUDES SERVICE CONNECT*

http://www.lexus.com/enform/availability-pricing

I am good with these prices, for 2015 model they are too much
Old 09-15-17, 06:39 PM
IXLRS
Rookie

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
So it looks like NA NX300 non F sport models still have an overbite to the grill based on the photos in the brochure and the post to Facebook in an ad. This is really disappointing.
Today, I noticed that the European new NX from the Frankfort Auto show this week has an altogether different grill. I like the Euro grill better but like the US fog lights better. Don't get why the are different than the US version.

The Euro version has the appearance of less overbite because of the chrome along the bottom. Was really looking forward to ordering a new NX but now I may wait until they arrive in the showroom to be sure I'm OK with how it looks. Certainly looks better than the gen 1''s.

European

US
Old 09-16-17, 12:10 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

for 2018 the F sport gets AVS and heated and cooling seats.

still no rain sensing wipers or heads up display.

still don't understand the reason behind splitting of options.
Old 09-16-17, 01:02 PM
JPG37027
Driver School Candidate

Default Trackpad

2018 NX trackpad (I am told) will be upgraded to the LC 500-type trackpad.
If that happens, that will be a popular upgrade.
Old 09-17-17, 08:16 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
still no rain sensing wipers
rsw are showing in the Luxury Package.
Old 09-17-17, 08:29 AM
ML350BT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
for 2018 the F sport gets AVS and heated and cooling seats.

still no rain sensing wipers or heads up display.

still don't understand the reason behind splitting of options.
Rain sensing wipes part of the Luxury Package.
Old 09-17-17, 01:40 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hopefully, the technology has gotten better. The rain-sensing wipers on my 2008 IS 250 were the most disappointing aspects of the car. They seemed to have a mind of their own, sometimes operating without rain, and sometimes failing to operate in a downpour. I don't think I ever want rain-sensing wipers again.
Old 09-17-17, 03:34 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found the NX rain sensing wipers to work well. Pretty much as effective as the Volvo I had prior.
Old 09-17-17, 04:13 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The rain sensing wipers on my 2011 RX sometimes trigger when it is sunny. I suspect that it detects dust across the windshield and triggers.
Old 09-17-17, 05:51 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by fredw1
Hopefully, the technology has gotten better. The rain-sensing wipers on my 2008 IS 250 were the most disappointing aspects of the car. They seemed to have a mind of their own, sometimes operating without rain, and sometimes failing to operate in a downpour. I don't think I ever want rain-sensing wipers again.
Our 2004 rain sensing wipers were "fussy," but the wipers in the 2013 were a little better. The 2015 are even better and I would say quite good. I cannot recall any misfires in good weather like we saw a handful of times on the 2013. My point is that it seems each generation sees a bump or incremental improvement to the point they are really pretty good now. I miss them on our NX but I wouldn't be willing to add the luxury package just for that one feature (plus leather of course).
Old 09-18-17, 09:35 AM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is disappointing to see that Lexus of North America has chosen to NOT offer Mark Levinson sound system on the new NX - the only Lexus beyond the CT where it is not offered here....yet developped for the NX and available in other markets as viewed on the original release videos. The other option that I would have liked to have seen is the power folding exterior mirrors as on the RX - awfully nice to programme the switch to auto fold upon locking and glance back at your vehicle to see that it is locked. The new Audi Q5 offers both of these features and to me dimension wise is clear competition for the NX. Hopefully, Lexus has fixed the horrible glare that the HUD huge housing projects onto the windshield. I see from the USA brochure that your market gets Matador, a nice blue and Autumn shimmer exterior colours for the non F -sport. In Canada, we are offered Eminent white pearl, nebula grey, atomic silver and caviar for the non-F-sport --thats it - what a boring colour palette. The dark rose interior is ONLY offered with the grey exterior - what a waste! We are also offered an interior colour called Ocher (whatever the hell that is) likely the interior will still be 75% black...and if we want is it is restricted to either the white or the caviar exterior colours... That info came directly from the Canadian vehicle order guide as published by Lexus Canada. Sorry, Lexus, you still dont get it. I am not interested in a black interior - that same vehicle guide notes that flaxen interior was discontinued - yet for 2017, Lexus Canada NEVER offered it to us just to USA morkets ....why does it seem so impossible just to offer us the same choices as to the folks in the USA ...that creme leather looks quite nice...would it really cost any more money to give us those choices.... I think not. I hate to leave Lexus but the Audi is looking good... the B&O sound system is the rival of Levinson and i can get exterior and interior colours that are of my choosing as well as power folding exterior mirrors. Lexus Canada....care to listen to an up to now loyal customer....

dentate
Oshawa, ON &
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 09-18-17, 11:23 AM
ML350BT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ML or B&O must be standard option on Lexus.
Another subject: Cell phone integration, Car Play. Native Nav and interface so bad.
Just waste of money, I personally never use build in Nav. But its personal taste.
Old 09-21-17, 03:48 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The Lexus incentives right now available on the 2017s are too hard to pass up. I think I'll be buying a 2017 NX Sport Series 3 in the next week in USB 2.0. Although it will be missing the many interior upgrades and the substantial upgrade to the AVS, I cannot justify the extra cost of the 2018 right now given how little I drive. At least with the F Sport there is no overbite.
Old 09-21-17, 03:56 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,059 Likes on 693 Posts

Had a 2017 NX as a loaner the other day. Found the small mouse pad was hard to work. Realize there is a learning curve but the 2018's is larger and improved. The wireless charger pad did not fit my Samsung S7. The 2018's is larger. Most looking forward to seeing the panoramic roof. Wish they had offered heads up display.

Old 09-21-17, 07:19 AM
Onekoolguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Had a 2017 NX as a loaner the other day. Found the small mouse pad was hard to work. Realize there is a learning curve but the 2018's is larger and improved. The wireless charger pad did not fit my Samsung S7. The 2018's is larger. Most looking forward to seeing the panoramic roof. Wish they had offered heads up display.

https://youtu.be/qDF31B0VFTw?t=38
I have the Samsung S7 with a Spigen slim case and the 2016 NX F Sport 3 and I can confirm that it does fit the phone( unless you have a very bulky phone case). The S7 Edge does not fit well but you can still be able to charge it.

Quick Reply: Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX