NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX200t regarding the brake hold system (recall)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-17, 03:17 PM
linyaoting
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NX200t regarding the brake hold system (recall)!!!

Hello everyone! I just have a very important information about the lexus Nx200t. I just receive the email from the lexus service, they told me that:"There is also an outstanding safety campaign (recall) on your vehicle regarding the brake hold system. This is covered under warranty."
So , if your nx200t is under the warranty. please ASAP to contact your Lexus dealer.
By the way, I think I know why I can not reset the TPMS sensors id use the TIS techstream for my summer tires because after you input the 4 sensors id, the ECU need reprogramming and maybe also need initialize, however the system can not pass the parking brake initialization. Your nx200t will be show that:"parking brake unavailability".
Old 04-11-17, 06:21 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Mined worked fine, however, the dealer still did the brake hold update.
Old 04-11-17, 06:31 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never had an issue but still took it to the dealer.
Old 04-12-17, 02:18 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

A few months ago, I created this video explaining the recall ...

Last edited by NXOwner; 04-13-17 at 12:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hubs (04-12-17)
Old 04-12-17, 06:10 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Had mine done. Didn't take very long
Old 05-05-17, 05:38 AM
Kretek234
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by linyaoting
Hello everyone! I just have a very important information about the lexus Nx200t. I just receive the email from the lexus service, they told me that:"There is also an outstanding safety campaign (recall) on your vehicle regarding the brake hold system. This is covered under warranty."
So , if your nx200t is under the warranty. please ASAP to contact your Lexus dealer.
By the way, I think I know why I can not reset the TPMS sensors id use the TIS techstream for my summer tires because after you input the 4 sensors id, the ECU need reprogramming and maybe also need initialize, however the system can not pass the parking brake initialization. Your nx200t will be show that:"parking brake unavailability".
Hello everyone, did you guys get recall letter from Lexus regarding break hold? I never get any letter or E-mail from Lexus.
Should I take my car to the dealer anyway? What should I say to them, mine is 2017 F sport, Thank you.
Old 05-05-17, 05:42 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Just put your VIN in this website link on Lexus.com and check https://www.toyota.com/recall
Old 05-05-17, 01:13 PM
Kretek234
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
Just put your VIN in this website link on Lexus.com and check https://www.toyota.com/recall
I check mine on lexus.com with VIN, it says no recall on this vehicle. Do you think not all the NX model effected by the brake recall?
Old 05-05-17, 02:30 PM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kretek234
I check mine on lexus.com with VIN, it says no recall on this vehicle. Do you think not all the NX model effected by the brake recall?
since your nx is a 17 model, it's most likely have the updated software already
Old 05-06-17, 07:03 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do get a recall letter and take your car into your Lexus dealer, they should fill up your gas tank !
Old 05-06-17, 08:17 AM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
If you do get a recall letter and take your car into your Lexus dealer, they should fill up your gas tank !
I did my recall the same time I did my 10,000 mile service. They didn't fill up my tank and didn't change my cabin filter, oil all over the valve cover and left scratches all over the car from their so call car wash. This dealer suck and won't be going back to them.
Old 05-06-17, 12:32 PM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyChino
I did my recall the same time I did my 10,000 mile service. They didn't fill up my tank and didn't change my cabin filter, oil all over the valve cover and left scratches all over the car from their so call car wash. This dealer suck and won't be going back to them.

Ouch!
Old 05-10-17, 01:00 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased my CPO 2015 NX200t AWD from Scanlon Lexus in Ft Myers, FL and it showed on their service history that the Brake Recall had been done. My daughter just had a loud noise and then a warning to take vehicle to dealer, and apparently when they did the brake recall service they left some pins out, so Lexus of Chattanooga fixed it (no charge).

None of the service that they performed after they took it in trade show up on the Lexus Drivers history. It only shows up on service history that Scanlon sent me. I can't recommend this dealer mainly from the experience I had from the salesman. I do love the car and so does my daughter. I love the L/Certified Warranty as we just rolled past 50,000 miles. Fingers crossed we have a better experience with Lexus of Chattanooga for the next 2 years/20,000 miles of service.

Last edited by jimbug; 05-10-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 02:01 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

I am taking my in for the $5k service and will also have them adjust the brake hold.

It seems when enabled the brake hold still allows the car to creep forward very slightly, like a millimeter every few seconds, but enough to make a brake rub noise with slight movement forward. I have noticed this issue in other NX's including loaners.

I suspect they all have this issue but most people don't notice.

The simple work around is when you stop with brake hold enabled, is to remove foot off brake, and then apply brake firmly one more time. This is the only thing I have found that stops the creeping.
Old 05-12-17, 01:13 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckNX
I am taking my in for the $5k service and will also have them adjust the brake hold.

It seems when enabled the brake hold still allows the car to creep forward very slightly, like a millimeter every few seconds, but enough to make a brake rub noise with slight movement forward. I have noticed this issue in other NX's including loaners.

I suspect they all have this issue but most people don't notice.

The simple work around is when you stop with brake hold enabled, is to remove foot off brake, and then apply brake firmly one more time. This is the only thing I have found that stops the creeping.
I have not had the creep issue. What I do is stop and watch the light. When it comes on, I give a little extra pressure on the brake pedal and then release it. I've never had the car creep forward.

Quick Reply: NX200t regarding the brake hold system (recall)!!!