NX200t tuning list

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-18, 10:35 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

how about it sheddy.. want to try?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Cxracing-Inte...0386198&chn=ps

honestly doesn't seem that hard to retrofit something lol.
Old 05-21-18, 11:52 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
how about it sheddy.. want to try?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Cxracing-Inte...0386198&chn=ps

honestly doesn't seem that hard to retrofit something lol.
An ugraded heat exhanger like this. I don't plan on modifying mine anytime soon.
Old 05-21-18, 12:01 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sheddy
An ugraded heat exhanger like this. I don't plan on modifying mine anytime soon.
that looks like a straight up fluid cooler. where's the charge air going to flow through? i mean i guess you could add it on.
Old 05-21-18, 12:29 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

that looks like a straight up fluid cooler. where's the charge air going to flow through? i mean i guess you could add it on.
The air flow would still use the existing intercooler. The heat exchanger is used to keep the intercooler coolant supply cooler, therefore keeping charge air temps lower.
Old 05-21-18, 12:49 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The air flow would still use the existing intercooler. The heat exchanger is used to keep the intercooler coolant supply cooler, therefore keeping charge air temps lower.
yes i know what an intercooler is lol. i was just thinking it's cleaner to replace with a larger unit rather than adding on. theoretically possible though. not sure where you'd mount it.
Old 05-21-18, 01:10 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

yes i know what an intercooler is lol. i was just thinking it's cleaner to replace with a larger unit rather than adding on. theoretically possible though. not sure where you'd mount it.
Yes, space is very limited so i think the exchanger upgrade would be the first step. The TRD motor seems to have the original intercooler in place, so i am guessing they are planning to run an upgraded one as well as modified intercooler water pump levels.
Old 05-21-18, 09:01 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree, upgrading the heat exchanger would be the first mod I would do too. I'm sure the intercooler can handle the small boost numbers we throw at it. Its the heat exchanger getting to a state of equilibrium with the small volume of water it had to work with and feeding that heat back to the intercooler which is giving it to the intake air.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 02:01 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I agree, upgrading the heat exchanger would be the first mod I would do too. I'm sure the intercooler can handle the small boost numbers we throw at it. Its the heat exchanger getting to a state of equilibrium with the small volume of water it had to work with and feeding that heat back to the intercooler which is giving it to the intake air.
I would still contact AFE regarding the scorcher. It should be making a difference on your times.
Old 05-25-18, 01:07 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

I have.
I was first responded to like I was a 16yr old that knew nothing about cars. They tried explaining how the system worked and that the stock boost gauge would read normal because it was being fooled. I explained my setup, with the secondary gauge, data logger and zero change to ETs and they have yet to reply. This was about a week and a half ago.
I'm just going to return it and get the TTi full tune. I did not want to go the route of the BMS because it does not have a "stock" mode like the AFE. This would mean that over time (unless I unplug it when not racing or unplug my battery periodically) the ECU would see the boost "fool" and work around it.
Old 05-25-18, 08:50 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have.
I was first responded to like I was a 16yr old that knew nothing about cars. They tried explaining how the system worked and that the stock boost gauge would read normal because it was being fooled. I explained my setup, with the secondary gauge, data logger and zero change to ETs and they have yet to reply. This was about a week and a half ago.
I'm just going to return it and get the TTi full tune. I did not want to go the route of the BMS because it does not have a "stock" mode like the AFE. This would mean that over time (unless I unplug it when not racing or unplug my battery periodically) the ECU would see the boost "fool" and work around it.
i ordered a scorcher, now I am second guessing it. Another question I had was do you have to switch modes everytime you turn the vehicle on? If I switch it to race mode for example then turn the vehicle off when I start it up again is it still in race mode? I know the throttle controller on my ISF had to be turned on every time so I rarely even used it.

Old 05-26-18, 12:05 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

You can switch mode at any time while driving and whatever mode you put it in, it stays in until you change it. So if you are in race mode, turn the car off then back on, you will still be in race mode.
Sylvan (05-27-18)
Old 05-27-18, 09:42 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

You can switch mode at any time while driving and whatever mode you put it in, it stays in until you change it. So if you are in race mode, turn the car off then back on, you will still be in race mode.
perfect thank you. I might test 0-100kph and 30-100kph before and after to check for improvements. It’s likely considerably cooler where I live so heat soak might not be as bad, I have no intention of tracking the NX I just like a little extra power.
Old 05-28-18, 08:56 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

With the BMS and a data cable you can actually disable the unit via JB4 application, but would not be as just pressing the button on the scorcher. I am currently running a JB4 test unit on my IS200t and with the bluetooth connector i can change maps, boost increments and data logs from my phone. Since its still a test unit i hope it can go into production soon.
Sylvan (05-28-18)
Old 05-28-18, 07:57 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

I wish I waited for the JB4, Terry has such a good reputation with the BMW guys. I figured AFE would also put out a solid product, I guess I will see when it comes in.
Old 05-29-18, 02:18 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

With the BMS and a data cable you can actually disable the unit via JB4 application, but would not be as just pressing the button on the scorcher. I am currently running a JB4 test unit on my IS200t and with the bluetooth connector i can change maps, boost increments and data logs from my phone. Since its still a test unit i hope it can go into production soon.
Dang, that sounds like a awesome product. If I didn't already have a bad taste in my mouth about the AFE, I might consider the BMS. I'm just going to go big and get the TTI

Quick Reply: NX200t tuning list