NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX200t tuning list

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-18, 08:45 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you’re right, TTi sounds like the answer... maybe try stacking the TTi with the afe.... I know Diesel guys do it with some success... go like hell or BOOM!!!
Old 05-30-18, 12:16 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

If that was possible, you would be pushing WAY more boost than you would want on that stock turbo (ignoring the possible effects on the engine). Our tiny turbo would just turn into a hot air blow dryer under high boost.
Old 06-02-18, 03:03 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

TTi Motorsports stage 1 ECU + TCU reflash finally done on my NXt. Went out for a short drive after uploading files to the engine and transmission computers.

What. A. Difference. Mid-range is definitely livelier than it used to be. Transmission shifts fast and firm now, too. Just how it should have come off the assembly line. Can't wait for the next drive through them twisties.
Old 06-02-18, 08:13 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

^ Making my itchy to get it done!
Old 06-03-18, 09:25 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Piggyback tuners will give you a nice increase in low to mid range power, but the reflash tune is still stronger even in the top end as well.
Old 06-03-18, 12:25 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

While peak power increased by less than 20 horses, most of the mid-range saw gains of around 30-40 horses. This was very evident in the way the car just wants to keep pulling and pulling, eliminating the need to downshift in most of this particular route's corners. Numbers quoted above are from other 8AR-FTS vehicles with the same tune.

TCU tune worked wonders in making shifts firm and snappy, particularly in S/S+ mode. Too bad my request to disable auto-upshift in manual mode wasn't fulfilled.

She just pulls and pulls in the video... No posted speed limits on this route. Nice to finally have the brakes and suspension sorted out, too.

Last edited by chezgk; 06-03-18 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-20-18, 12:01 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm at the other side of the ocean, and, lately, I discovered this kit of Chiptuning germany.
https://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/fr/chi...erbox_4443.htm

Looks very promising.

Dyno test show the maximal possible results. I'm not speaking "tuner language", but I believe that this means it is only reacheable with a changing of the headers and the intake.
Old 06-21-18, 01:19 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

So far the only really proven piggyback with REAL results is BMS, am skeptical about the rest since i tried few that did almost nothing.
Old 06-21-18, 08:03 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

^ agreed.. Even a big company like AFE was snake's oil
Old 07-05-18, 04:13 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks to your input. Though I don't know if BMS sold in our country.

If you allow me to ask a noobish question, but is it possible to have a piggyback that will not overrun the original car prog all the time ? What I'm trying to say is that I don't need the higher performances during rush hour on my local streets and highways. But only when I got to the montain road. So, for me, the ideal case would be that it switch on only when I put the car into sport+. Is it possible ?
Old 07-10-18, 04:11 AM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it worth it for me to get rid of my Toms powerbox for the BMS?
Old 07-10-18, 04:54 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyChino
no I wouldn’t do that if I were u, but Toms to TTI stage 2+ definitely
Old 07-10-18, 08:05 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

BUMMER UPDATE: Electronic parking brake recall/reflash seems to have wiped out the TTI TCU tune. I'm not sure if the ECU tune was wiped out, but the car's definitely a lot more sluggish than it was when tuned. Wanted to download new BIN files from the ECU and send to Tony of TTI for him to implement the tune on the post-recall files, but Tactrix (tool) was dead out of the drawer for some strange reason. Currently waiting on a new Tactrix. It should get here in two weeks.
Old 07-11-18, 07:04 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyChino
The plus side on doing this is that the BMS boost setting is adjustable (with data cable) whereas the TOM's isn't.

Originally Posted by chezgk
BUMMER UPDATE: Electronic parking brake recall/reflash seems to have wiped out the TTI TCU tune. I'm not sure if the ECU tune was wiped out, but the car's definitely a lot more sluggish than it was when tuned. Wanted to download new BIN files from the ECU and send to Tony of TTI for him to implement the tune on the post-recall files, but Tactrix (tool) was dead out of the drawer for some strange reason. Currently waiting on a new Tactrix. It should get here in two weeks.
I've seen where a re-flashed Lexus (reverted to stock) was taken to the dealer for service and they did an update to the ECU which changed the file identification (BIN) number. Because of this the tuned file was not able to be load since the file number changed and had to be redone by Tony. The Tactrix is powered by the USB cable. What error message did you get?
Old 07-11-18, 09:05 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I've seen where a re-flashed Lexus (reverted to stock) was taken to the dealer for service and they did an update to the ECU which changed the file identification (BIN) number. Because of this the tuned file was not able to be load since the file number changed and had to be redone by Tony. The Tactrix is powered by the USB cable. What error message did you get?
No errors, just totally no light on the Tactrix whether it's connected via USB or to the OBD2 port or both. None of the sounds computers make when a new device is attached, either.

Quick Reply: NX200t tuning list