NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 09:15 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Service Experience

Have seen a lot of posts about negative service experiences, so wanted to give kudos to my dealer for a very positive recent service.

Had to take the car in for the recent brake TSB. I'm a couple hours away from my dealer so had them look over a couple of other items while there. All were solved and addressed promptly and to my satisfaction and they filled my car with gas for the trip home.

I've never had that done before so was pleasantly surprised, perhaps that is part of Lexus service everywhere but that was unbeknownst to me.

Kudos to Kelowna Lexus for excellent service!!
Old 03-22-17, 09:50 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

My lexus dealer service is great also, but I never had my gas tank filled up
Old 03-22-17, 09:58 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

They fill up the tank whenever there is a TSB or recall being performed on the car. Some dealers have you ask for it, but many just do it.

My dealer is great too. My service advisor always thouroughly investigates any issues I bring up. Also usually lets me pick the loaner, and doesn't rush me to pick up the car when ready.
Old 03-22-17, 12:07 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Took my NX for 12 month service yesterday to Lexus of Cerritos. They filled tank with gas. Wonderful service center, however their snacks are now prewrapped instead of fresh.
Old 03-22-17, 01:58 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Great service on mine at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine. They didn't fill up the tank though.
Old 03-22-17, 03:26 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Just had my 5k service and all was great... Got a loaner, had work done in 2 hours and they topped of my gas tank as well! You want a crappy experience, go out and get your self a BMW. Spent $70k on an X5 2 years ago, and they treat you like you drive a Yugo. Hate BMW....
Old 03-22-17, 04:20 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I just got my 5000 service and brake hold reprogram done. Made me wait for it for an hour and half. No loaner, no top off gas, but they did give me a car wash tho.
Old 03-23-17, 05:35 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealer sucks...no free gas...car wash sucks too, first two times car came with scratches on the hood, got mud flaps installed (overpriced btw), and they looked horrible with rusted screws, I could have done a better job, on top of that they asked almost $200.00 for a simple tire rotation, and inspection at 15k service, no thanks.
Old 03-24-17, 06:23 AM
Fyrcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my recall service for the brakes done a couple of weeks ago, combined with the 5000 mile free service, at Putnam lexus in Redwood City calif. I have used them for almost 20 years, I traded my 1999 RX in towards my NX in March of 2016 and have only used them for service for the RX and now the NX. I requested NO wash(am very **** about washing my car), and they gave me a loaner. My NX was done by the end of the same day I brought it in, but they didn't care I'd I kept the loaner until the next day. We live about 30 miles away from the dealer so it was much more convenient for me to return the following day. They have always been great like this. They have a very comfortable lounge if I want to wait, with complementary coffee, tea and snacks. The service is one reason I decided to stay with a Lexus. They are top notch and believe in customer service, at least at my dealer.
Old 03-27-17, 01:17 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love Lexus service! I have a Toyota right now...ugh! I won't say it's horrible, but not great like the Lexus service. That's why I'm going back to a Lexus.I love it they wash my car, never had a gas fill up though.

Every time I take my Toyota for service they ask me if I want it washed, I say yes every time.... and they NEVER do it!! One time I made them take it back and wash it, but by that time I'm just ready to go so I don't bother anymore.
Old 04-01-17, 08:59 PM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got my car back from its 5k service. I complained about the rear hatch rattle from music and supposedly they ordered two different sets of inserts to go in my hatch. It sounds much better than it did before. I think the only rattle left is from the license plate. I did lose a little depth in the low end bass sense they filled the cavity with inserts, but it wouldn't be too noticeable to an untrained ear. They had my car for about 5 days. Cleaned it inside and out and gave me a '17 RX as a loaner. They also did the brake fix too, much better!
Old 04-01-17, 09:11 PM
akaido
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am getting my 1 yr/10K service, brake hold service campaign. The say it is not a major maintenance so no loaner. I always got loaner for my Acura and MB.
Old 04-01-17, 10:12 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to read there are some decent dealers out there! I've been so turned off with my servicing my IS that we stopped looking at the NX. Echoing what many have already said, I've never had loaner problems at Acura or MB. Even for minor oil changes. On the other hand, it's like pulling teeth getting a loaner at Lexus. Luckily I've found a dealer that actually give me options. It's completely opposite of my commute but I'm willing to go out of the way for better service. For a brand that pride itself on service this is not looking good. We need to keep on filling out those customer surveys.
Old 04-02-17, 04:48 AM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cFoo
It's good to read there are some decent dealers out there! I've been so turned off with my servicing my IS that we stopped looking at the NX. Echoing what many have already said, I've never had loaner problems at Acura or MB. Even for minor oil changes. On the other hand, it's like pulling teeth getting a loaner at Lexus. Luckily I've found a dealer that actually give me options. It's completely opposite of my commute but I'm willing to go out of the way for better service. For a brand that pride itself on service this is not looking good. We need to keep on filling out those customer surveys.
I would call lexus customer care and speak to them directly about your experiences. Our dealership has even given us a loaner for a lexus my wife had bought at an auction. My wife now has an acura MDX and we have to drive two hours to have it serviced (for things only acura can do) and we have a bit of a bad taste in our mouth from that dealership. We've driven two hours in the opposite direction and received much better service. We called acura customer care and discussed it on what their policies are for the dealerships (minimum requirements) and that the type of service we had received were starting to tarnish the brand for us. It prompted a call from the owner of the dealership and things have since gotten better.
Old 04-02-17, 06:02 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have never gotten my gas filled on service or recall. Maybe its US only. I also rarely get a lexus loaner. They usually give me a rav4. Overall I am not that happy with my service. Its not better than Nissan and I did not like their service at all.

Quick Reply: Service Experience