NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

CPO 2015 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-17, 06:33 PM
dlowe1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO 2015 pricing

Looking to buy a CPO 2015 NX AWD with Nav. What price should I be looking to pay. I see them listed as low as $32K and as high as $38K. How much should I be able to negotiate off of listed CPO pricing? Thanks!
Old 03-06-17, 06:39 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no idea, but I wouldn't pay over 32k for a pre-owned one. My 2015 base model window sticker was 34K, my 2017 F-sport window sticker was 38K no nav. I know lexus has a high resale value, but IMO dealer prices for used vehicles are a bit high.
Old 03-06-17, 07:06 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I've been looking for one myself.

I've been talking with a dealer about a 2015 Luxury Package CPO NX. It is pretty much loaded, and it had an original MSRP of about $48,500. The dealer has come down a bit, and they are now at $35,000. That is still a bit higher than I'm willing to pay, but it is getting close. If it wasn't a Luxury Package vehicle, I wouldn't be interested unless it was several thousand lower, but, not only because the Luxury Package added almost $5000 to the MSRP, but, also, because an NX with the Luxury Package and the full suite of safety features is tough to find, this one is holding my interest.
Old 03-06-17, 07:14 PM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Last month I bought my CPO sonic blue 2016 nx200t F SPORT with 3.8k miles for 38k before taxes with upgraded unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty through 2024. My NX sticker price was 46k, with Navi etc. It was the owner of the dealerships personal car, not a program car. I'm not really sure if I got raked over the coals but I felt the deal was very fair. When I did a loan to value request with my bank I was in really good shape there as well, without any money down if I so chose. I'd look at different lexus dealerships across the US for what you are exactly looking for and take that information to the dealer you want to buy from. It saved me a couple thousand as they wouldn't "budge" from their price until I walked away saying I was going to buy the exact same car at dealership x for this price and showed them. This was approximately 3 hours of back and forth (with test drive, etc). 30 minutes after that conversation I was on my way home with my new car.
Old 03-07-17, 07:20 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

What makes it difficult to make meaningful judgments about what is a good price for a CPO vehicle is that, depending on several factors, the true value of two different CPO vehicles can vary over a wide range.

First, the MSRP of a bare bones NX could have been under $40,000 or, for a fully loaded NX, it could have been over $50,000. That difference, by itself, could translate into a difference in CPO value of over $7000. Then, differences in mileage can significantly effect the CPO value. For a 2015 NX, every 900 miles or so on the odometer means a difference of about $1000 in the vehicle's CPO value. Then, cosmetic differences can be important. A vehicle that is free of scratches, paint chips, etc. can be worth a couple of thousand dollars more than one whose bumpers (or other body panels) need to be refinished to bring the vehicle back to "like new" condition.

Also, when a CPO vehicle starts to get around 30,000 miles or more on the odometer, the condition of components that are going to be needing replacement or service soon should be considered when evaluating the true worth of the vehicle. For example, to meet CPO standards, a vehicle only needs to have 5/32 of an inch of tread left on its tires. If you buy a CPO NX with 30,000 miles on it, the tires are likely right around that 5/32 minimum, and within a relatively short period of time, you will be spending $700 or $800 to replace the tires. If the brakes pads are down to 6 mm or 7 mm you are going to have to be replacing them soon, at another significant expense. If both the brake pads and the tires need to be replaced within months after buying a CPO vehicle, just doing those two replacements, in essence, can add $1500 to your true cost of buying the vehicle.

The bottom line, therefore, is that one 2015 NX CPO could be a bad buy at $32,000, and a different 2015 NX that is better equipped, has fewer miles, is in better condition, etc. could be a good buy at $38,000.
Old 03-08-17, 01:21 AM
lavangbay
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brand new 2016

Hi, I just bought a brand new 2016 NX 200t Base about a month ago in Orange County, CA. The MSRP window price was $44699 (comes with Comfort & Premium package). We was able to bargain it down to $37200 before tax & fees, total come out to be $40600. This is a brandnew 2016 with only about 100 miles (probably test drive miles). I thought that was a really good deal compare to most of the CPO 2015 and 2016 ones that we've seen (prices were between 35k to 38k before tax & fees as well).

Below is the spec from the dealer's website:

SPECIFICATIONS

ENTERTAINMENT
· NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE -inc: advanced casual-language voice recognition system and remote touch interface controller w/touchpad, Lexus Enform Destination Services, Destination Assist and eDestination (one-year trial subscription included, requires Lexus Enform SafetyConnect), 2 Additional Speakers, subwoofer, Lexus Enform App Suite, destination services, Yelp, iHeartRadio, Facebook Places, Movietickets.com, OpenTable, Pandora, Slacker, stocks, fuel prices and sports, Lexus Insider, SD Navigation System

· Radio: AM/FM/CD Lexus Display Audio -inc: 8 speakers, Bluetooth audio streaming from compatible devices and hands free, full digital power amplifier (class D), integrated SiriusXM Satellite Radio receiver (90-day All-Access trial subscription included), USB/iPod control, home screen can be divided into 1-3 sections (customizable - HVAC, audio, navigation), 7" screen, 3D maps, 3D buildings, my traffic routes, speed limit display on road travelled, ETA calculation improved, traffic detour preview, predictive traffic, MID data sharing, voice recognition, one-shot address entry, steering wheel control of onboard/offboard voice recognition, voice recognition guidance level, hint screens, Cache Radio w/ability to pause live AM/FM/HD Radio, hybrid data service, traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio (free while in HD Radio range), basic traffic maps, weather forecast and Siri Eyes Free mode (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S)

· Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System

· Digital Signal Processor

· Integrated Roof Antenna

EXTERIOR
· PREMIUM PACKAGE -inc: upgraded daytime running lights and turn signals, Power Steering Column, steering wheel memory, Driver's Seat Memory, Wheels: 18" x 7.5J, Tires: P225/60R18 All-Season, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof/Sunroof

· ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY -inc: manual fold, heater, tilt w/reverse shift, blind spot monitor (BSM), rear cross traffic alert (RCTA) and lane change assist

· ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR -inc: HomeLink Universal Transceiver

· ACCESSORY PACKAGE 2 -inc: Cargo Net, integrated storage pouch, Rear Bumper Protector, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks (PPO)

· Steel Spare Wheel

· Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo

· Clearcoat Paint

· Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent

· Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent

· Black Wheel Well Trim

· Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim

· Body-Colored Door Handles

· Fully Galvanized Steel Panels

· Lip Spoiler

· Black Grille w/Chrome Surround

· Liftgate Rear Cargo Access

· Roof Rack Rails Only

· Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off

· Perimeter/Approach Lights

· LED Brakelights

· High Clearance Lamp

· Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror

· Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning

INTERIOR
· NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE -inc: advanced casual-language voice recognition system and remote touch interface controller w/touchpad, Lexus Enform Destination Services, Destination Assist and eDestination (one-year trial subscription included, requires Lexus Enform SafetyConnect), 2 Additional Speakers, subwoofer, Lexus Enform App Suite, destination services, Yelp, iHeartRadio, Facebook Places, Movietickets.com, OpenTable, Pandora, Slacker, stocks, fuel prices and sports, Lexus Insider, SD Navigation System

· PREMIUM PACKAGE -inc: upgraded daytime running lights and turn signals, Power Steering Column, steering wheel memory, Driver's Seat Memory, Wheels: 18" x 7.5J, Tires: P225/60R18 All-Season, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof/Sunroof

· POWER BACK DOOR -inc: auto and easy closer door, lock, unlock, and panic alarm

· ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY -inc: manual fold, heater, tilt w/reverse shift, blind spot monitor (BSM), rear cross traffic alert (RCTA) and lane change assist

· ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR -inc: HomeLink Universal Transceiver

· HEATED LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

· INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST -inc: clearance and back sonar

· Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster

· Deep Tinted Glass

· Variable Intermittent Wipers

· Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks

· Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off

· Front Fog Lamps

· Radio: AM/FM/CD Lexus Display Audio -inc: 8 speakers, Bluetooth audio streaming from compatible devices and hands free, full digital power amplifier (class D), integrated SiriusXM Satellite Radio receiver (90-day All-Access trial subscription included), USB/iPod control, home screen can be divided into 1-3 sections (customizable - HVAC, audio, navigation), 7" screen, 3D maps, 3D buildings, my traffic routes, speed limit display on road travelled, ETA calculation improved, traffic detour preview, predictive traffic, MID data sharing, voice recognition, one-shot address entry, steering wheel control of onboard/offboard voice recognition, voice recognition guidance level, hint screens, Cache Radio w/ability to pause live AM/FM/HD Radio, hybrid data service, traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio (free while in HD Radio range), basic traffic maps, weather forecast and Siri Eyes Free mode (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S)

· Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System

· Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver's and 8-way power front passenger's seats w/fore-aft slide, fore-aft recline, front vertical height, rear vertical height and power lumbar support (driver's seat only)

· 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat

· Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer

· Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows

· Front Cupholder

· Rear Cupholder

· Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start

· Valet Function

· Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button

· Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel

· Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls

· Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning

· HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts

· Illuminated Locking Glove Box

· Driver Foot Rest

· Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard

· Full Cloth Headliner

· Leatherette Door Trim Insert

· Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift ****

· Synthetic Leather Seat Trim

· Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror

· Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets

· Front Map Lights

· Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting

· Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats

· Carpet Floor Trim

· Cargo Area Concealed Storage

· Folding Cargo Cover

· Cargo Features -inc: Cargo Tray/Organizer

· Cargo Space Lights

· Tracker System

· Instrument Panel Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins

· Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down

· Delayed Accessory Power

· Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature

· Trip Computer

· Outside Temp Gauge

· Analog Display

· Seats w/Leatherette Back Material

· Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints

· Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage

· 2 Seatback Storage Pockets

· Perimeter Alarm

· Engine Immobilizer

· 2 12V DC Power Outlets

· Air Filtration

· Lexus Enform w/Safety Connect Emergency S.O.S

· Back-Up Camera

Last edited by lavangbay; 03-08-17 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-08-17, 11:03 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice negotiations and nice price. Better than a CPO, and you have a newer MY NX. If only it had the Safety package, rear backup camera and blindside assist, which maybe hard to find in pre-2017 MY. This may be what I'll have to do and won't get such a deal like yours.

Good job .
Old 03-08-17, 11:30 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Arty101
Nice negotiations and nice price. Better than a CPO, and you have a newer MY NX. If only it had the Safety package, rear backup camera and blindside assist, which maybe hard to find in pre-2017 MY. This may be what I'll have to do and won't get such a deal like yours.

Good job .
Finding an NX, new or used, with the Luxury Package and the full suite of safety features, including the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, etc. is really tough. At most of the dealers in this area, the NXs that they are getting in are either F-Sports (without the safety features) or Premium Package vehicles without the Pre-Collison, Radar Cruise, and Lane Departure Alert. Further, with the NX, only vehicles with the Luxury Package come with leather seating. In the current inventories of all of the Lexus dealers that are within 200 miles of me, there are only a couple of such Luxury Package NXs in all of their inventories combined, and they are vehicles with colors that are not acceptable to me.

After having had all of those features on my ES, I doubt that I'll ever again buy a vehicle without them. Because such NXs are so rare, that is the reason why I'm having a hard time dismissing a 2015 Luxury Package NX CPO with all of those features at one of the area dealers. And it actually has both the exterior and the interior colors that would be my first choice.

Last edited by lesz; 03-08-17 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-08-17, 01:18 PM
lavangbay
Driver School Candidate

Good job .
Mine actually has all of these:
  • Backup camera
  • Parking assist
  • BSM (blind spot monitor)
  • heated steering wheel
  • and AWD
Old 03-08-17, 02:33 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lavangbay
Mine actually has all of these:
  • Backup camera
  • Parking assist
  • BSM (blind spot monitor)
  • heated steering wheel
  • and AWD
I'm not sure that I know why it is that Lexus doesn't seem to be building any of the NX with the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise Control, and Lane Departure Alert except for those that also have the Luxury Package. On other models, like the ES, those features are standard on all cars of the model. I've found those features to be very useful, and, if I could find a new NX with the Premium Package and those features, I'd be happy to buy it, but I haven't seen a single Premium Package NX that has those features in the inventories of any of the dealers.
Old 03-08-17, 03:32 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have test drove rx's with all those features and either never used them or turned them off because in city driving they are annoying as hell. I had the rx for 3 days when my is250 was being worked on.
Old 03-08-17, 06:04 PM
lavangbay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lesz
I'm not sure that I know why it is that Lexus doesn't seem to be building any of the NX with the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise Control, and Lane Departure Alert except for those that also have the Luxury Package. On other models, like the ES, those features are standard on all cars of the model. I've found those features to be very useful, and, if I could find a new NX with the Premium Package and those features, I'd be happy to buy it, but I haven't seen a single Premium Package NX that has those features in the inventories of any of the dealers.
This is my first Lexus, so for the last 18 years, I've been driving with none of those options and never got into any accidents or situation that I'd have needed them. So I guess they are nice to have but really not a must have imo. Also, I agree that I've not seen any NX (used, CPO or brand new) with Premium package that comes with those features (except on Lux Package). Probably that helps to lower the price on this vehicle to make it more affordable than the RX
Old 03-09-17, 01:14 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I thought Lexus put the Safety package available for all 2017 vehicles. I know it's supposed to be standard on all but a couple of models. Is the NX one of those 2017 model that doesn't have the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise, and Lane Departure Alert as standard? And even more, harder to find one on the Luxury Package?
Old 03-09-17, 05:51 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

I thought Lexus put the Safety package available for all 2017 vehicles. I know it's supposed to be standard on all but a couple of models. Is the NX one of those 2017 model that doesn't have the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise, and Lane Departure Alert as standard? And even more, harder to find one on the Luxury Package?
Yes, all of that is correct.

For the ES, the Safety Package, which includes the pre-collision system, lane departure alert, auto braking, pedestrian detection, etc., became standard on all ES vehicles starting with the 2017 model year. For the NX, it is still an option, and, while all of the Luxury Package NXs that I've seen have it, I have not seen a single NX Premium Package or F-Sport in any dealer's inventory that has the Safety Package. And, yes, finding a Luxury Package NX is very difficult. All of the dealers whose websites I've checked have, at most, one or two in their inventories, and most don't have any.

What I find to be interesting is to compare the NX with the Toyota RAV4, which share the same platform with each other. For the RAV4, even the least expensive base model has Toyota's version of the Safety Package as standard. While I wouldn't compare the RAV4 with the NX in terms of appearance, refinement, and material quality, it is interesting to note that you can buy a fully loaded RAV4, including all of the safety features, with an MSRP of just over $36,000, but an NX with the Luxury Package and the Safety Package is going to have a MSRP north of $48,000. Further, the RAV4 has things that aren't even available on the NX, such as the 360 degree view camera.

While I really would prefer to have an NX and while I know that, on a Lexus forum, it is blasphemy to talk about comparisons between a Lexus vehicle and a Toyota vehicle, all of the above has me considering a RAV4 as an alternative to the NX, and the rarity of NX vehicles with the Safety Package is a major reason why. I actually stopped by a Toyota dealer to take a RAV4 for a test drive, and, while the RAV4 doesn't have the visual appeal of the NX, I have to admit that it is a very nice vehicle.
Old 03-09-17, 07:31 AM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also looking for a 2015 or 2016 CPO NX200t after my daughter is preferring it to an RX for its smaller, sportier style. We test drove a 2016 F Sport and sat in a regular 2017 NX200t yesterday. We had four in the car on our F Sport test and I must say I was impressed with the handling and acceleration. To be honest we all loved it! My wife, myself, my daughter, and our salesman. The salesman might have been a bit biased:-)

My daughter used the touchpad on the model we sat in to link her iPhone with the sound system easily. Not something you'd want to try while driving, The pricing you all have cited here is what I'm finding as well. I desire a black ext/black int/sunroof at a minimum. I do see some with the PSC & Adaptive Cruise control feature, but agree it is more rare. Good luck to everyone. The prices on 2016 & 2017 are on decline by ~ 1.5% according to CarGurus in the last month.

Quick Reply: CPO 2015 pricing