Bass Produces Rear Door Lift Gate Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-17, 05:27 PM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bass Produces Rear Door Lift Gate Rattle

I did some research prior to posting.

When we play music with deep bass the rattle comes through and it's very noticeable. Some posts on various forums.... A few that it's actually the license plate which is rattling. Others felt it was the lack of efficient sound proofing in the rear door (lift gate). Taking it into the dealer in the AM to ask and get a fix. Any one here had the issue?
Old 02-23-17, 05:38 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Licese plate/frame will be my guest too. I doubt the dealer will provide a solution to an issue caused for an aftermarket product, but who knows, let us know how it ends.
Old 02-24-17, 07:17 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

This was posted on the Noises, Squeaks and Rattle thread. I was so disappointed when I would hear rattle when I listened to any music. I took my car to the dealer and the technicians were not helpful. They were useless really. After they held my car for a few days and they still couldn't fix the issue I went and fixed it myself.

License plate rattle, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9600276

Subwoofer rattle from inside rear. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9768600

There is a slight rattle still left, but it is barely noticeable. I used to listen to music on BT source and at level 16, whenever a song like Starboy comes on it is horrible. Now I use plugged in source and when Starboy comes on, I can listen at volume 20 and won't hear the horrendous rattle.
Old 02-24-17, 09:21 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

This problem drives me nuts lately. My NX is a rattle-box. No Aftermarket whatsoever.

I'll check out the links you posted. Thanks.
Old 02-24-17, 10:37 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Update

Took the NX into the dealer. They were fully aware of the issue. They use foam stripping to fix. There was also a new recall on the parking brake time to deploy and release so they are fixing that as well.
Old 02-24-17, 11:59 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaTac1
Update

Took the NX into the dealer. They were fully aware of the issue. They use foam stripping to fix. There was also a new recall on the parking brake time to deploy and release so they are fixing that as well.
Please post your update after you received the vehicle back. I'm at 3000 miles now on my '17 FSport and plan to do the 5000 miles service in mid-march. I would like these rattles to go away.
Old 02-24-17, 12:33 PM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Please post your update after you received the vehicle back. I'm at 3000 miles now on my '17 FSport and plan to do the 5000 miles service in mid-march. I would like these rattles to go away.
Will do so.
Old 02-24-17, 12:39 PM
Kirenworb
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this problem on mine. It was the license plate bracket. Took that off and it was still doing it so I had to bend the license plate away from the car slightly. I also get plenty of vibration noise from all the speakers when the bass hits the right note. I haven't been in for my 5000 mile service yet but I am planning on bringing both of these items up when I go.

2016 NX 200t AWD F Sport – Atomic Silver
2016 GS 350 AWD F Sport – Liquid Platinum
2016 IS 300 AWD F Sport – Atomic Silver

Gone:
2007 ES 350
2011 ES 350
Old 02-24-17, 12:50 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Update

Were they? I wonder why some dealers seem to be aware, wherr mine was clueless. I brought my car in last month. I opened a case with corporate and I suggest other NX owners should do it too.
Old 02-24-17, 12:56 PM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Originally Posted by aztr0
Were they? I wonder why some dealers seem to be aware, wherr mine was clueless. I brought my car in last month. I opened a case with corporate and I suggest other NX owners should do it too.
would not know the answer to that question. will scan and post the report if they include a description of what they did today.
Old 02-24-17, 02:17 PM
jenright
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto licence plate.

short stip of foam and gone.
Old 02-24-17, 04:28 PM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Ok. The verdict. They removed the license plate and holder and put in 1" foam tape in between the plate holder and the plate (the kind used on air conditioners installing and cinched it down very tight. We attempted to elect the rattle and could not.
Old 01-14-22, 01:17 PM
PearlNXt
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok. The verdict. They removed the license plate and holder and put in 1" foam tape in between the plate holder and the plate (the kind used on air conditioners installing and cinched it down very tight. We attempted to elect the rattle and could not.
Did the foam between the license plate bracket and license plate work? I have a metal tag frame which I do not want to get rid of
Old 01-14-22, 04:51 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

5 years later… it’s not rocket science, of course it would work. First thing I do with every new vehicle. I don’t want the plate or frame to scratch the paint either.
The following users liked this post:
PearlNXt (01-14-22)
Old 01-14-22, 04:53 PM
PearlNXt
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
5 years later… it’s not rocket science, of course it would work. First thing I do with every new vehicle. I don’t want the plate or frame to scratch the paint either.
May be a dumb question but is it a foam tape? Mind linking what you bought? 😊

Quick Reply: Bass Produces Rear Door Lift Gate Rattle