NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 03:23 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Bluetooth problem

I just bought a new phone, a Oneplus3T, Has all the latest and greatest features but I can't get it to pair with my '15 NX200t. The phone pairs with my portable speakers and headphones so the radio is working in the phone.

My previous phone paired in the NX, a Samsung S5. I called Lexus and they had no clue and advised me to go to my local dealer. I asked the phone company and my cell provider and they were no help.

Anyone else have BT issues or have any ideas on what I could do next? (and I will not buy an iphone so don't bother with that)
Old 02-07-17, 04:49 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

What?!?! No iPhone?

Although I'm not impressed with the Lexus infotainment is general, the Bluetooth implementation has been pretty stable, only occasionally not connecting. I have had minor issues with initial pairing, occasionally. What has worked for me in the past is to start over completely. Check your Bluetooth settings on your car and phone, make sure no other devices are trying to connect at the same time (I sometimes simply remove them), restart the phone or cycle the Bluetooth (I prefer a complete restart), and completely turn off the car to reboot the electronics. Make sure the ignition is fully on and everything is back up before starting the process. I try to pay attention to the timing to see that both devices are searching at the same time. Patience and perseverance eventually win. When all else fails, take it into the Technical Geeks at your dealer. There's a chance they've seen this before and know what to tweek.

Not a very technical answer, but I believe it will eventually work. Bluetooth is a very common standard, and I would be surprised if there was any sort of incompatibility beyond the initial connection. It is a bit odd that your phone pairs with other devices but not your car, and I assume your old phone (and other devices?) paired with the car with no issues.
The following users liked this post:
rogerh00 (02-07-17)
Old 02-07-17, 05:49 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Thanks for your input. I think I have tried all your suggestions but will try again.

I've concluded my last resort will be to go to my dealer and hope the local tech can offer some help.

However it won't be soon. As Lexus dealerships are few and far between, mine is not convenient to where I live and is located on an 8 lane bumper to bumper miracle mile highway. I dread going there. Luckily Lexus reliability is so good I rarely have to go there.
Old 02-07-17, 05:58 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Have you tried turning the Bluetooth off on the car then turn it back on? There's an option for that in the Bluetooth settings.
Old 02-07-17, 06:08 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I have also had problems where the phone directory didn't transfer. I removed it and reinstalled the phone and all was well.
Old 02-08-17, 11:47 AM
dacommitte
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Similar problem here except I am able to connect and actually listen to whatever is streaming on my phone via Bluetooth but the steering wheel controls do not work and there is no song/artist info name on the head unit. Only shows a generic Bluetooth audio screen while the music plays. From what I've read on XDA and other android developer forums the OnePlus Bluetooth chip or firmware is simply not compatible with a lot of head units and even wireless headphones. I guess a "flagship killer" has to cut corners somewhere in order to get the price down and I am guessing OnePlus did so with the Bluetooth hardware in their devices.
Old 02-21-17, 07:19 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Follow up post to my bluetooth issue.

I got in my car this morning and since I was ahead of schedule I decided to turn on BT in my phone. When I started the NX the phone paired immediately! I haven't done anything about this for a couple weeks and never made it to the dealer so I don't know what changed.

Electronic gremlins again? I can now enjoy hands free calling again!
Old 02-22-17, 10:19 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad it works now. I have my iphone and my ipod paired with both works great.
Old 09-24-18, 04:55 AM
sspc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I just bought a new phone, a Oneplus3T, Has all the latest and greatest features but I can't get it to pair with my '15 NX200t. The phone pairs with my portable speakers and headphones so the radio is working in the phone.

My previous phone paired in the NX, a Samsung S5. I called Lexus and they had no clue and advised me to go to my local dealer. I asked the phone company and my cell provider and they were no help.

Anyone else have BT issues or have any ideas on what I could do next? (and I will not buy an iphone so don't bother with that)
I had to pair and delete my new iPhone 3 times before it worked, so iPhone is not the answer either. even still, it didn't transfer my contact photos with the pairing, so it's not 100%
Old 09-24-18, 04:56 AM
sspc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to pair and delete my new iPhone 3 times before it worked, so iPhone is not the answer either. even still, it didn't transfer my contact photos with the pairing, so it's not 100%