NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Was a great 2+ years!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-17, 04:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Was a great 2+ years!

Hello fellow CL members. Wife and I have really enjoyed the NX for over two years, yet we decided to get back into an RX, for no reason other than we simply like to change cars pretty often. And of course, it had to be another Lexus!

Picking it up today - Obsidian F Sport, named (of course) DarthRX !

I will still be around and help as best I can. I'll share my thoughts on the RX and how it compares to the NX to give insight for those on the fence, though I know already either one is a win.

I leave you for now, with a collection of pictures that represent our most cherished moments with the NX. Enjoy your NX!

Old 01-28-17, 05:31 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone wash their car in the garage! Those boxes of flooring behind the NX may get a little wet...

Nice photos! I've had both an NX and RX as a loaner vehicle, and I have to say I prefer the RX..
Old 01-28-17, 07:39 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Congrats on your new RX. The RX is a great vehicle and we loved ours. I am sure it will be a terrific vehicle for a family. As your family grows it will certainly give you more to expand. I'm sure you will make many happy memories in your new car. Looking forward to those detailed comparisons.
Old 01-28-17, 02:17 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoy Corrado, you were a big help to me and many others here. Stop by and visit once in a while and enjoy the new ride!
Old 01-28-17, 03:45 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful new ride! Love the red upholstery...
Old 01-28-17, 04:28 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats !!! we like to change cars every 2-3 yrs as well, but man I really see myself having a difficult time parting with the NX, anyways no doubt the RX is a nice beast, enjoy it.
Old 01-28-17, 09:48 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the RX. If that's what works for you ,then great. I know I would have a hard time driving that instead of the NX F sport, but hey,
I'm in the car 99% of the time by myself, so I don't need the room & you do. That makes all the difference. Enjoy
Old 01-29-17, 12:26 AM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes, congrats on your new RX .. Hope it's a lucky one.. I have to admit although I don't visit often... You have IMO the nicest NX in the forum..
Old 01-29-17, 04:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone wash their car in the garage! Those boxes of flooring behind the NX may get a little wet...

Very low water pressure used.

Nice photos! I've had both an NX and RX as a loaner vehicle, and I have to say I prefer the RX..
Thanks, black when clean is like a tux. Hard to beat!

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Congrats on your new RX. The RX is a great vehicle and we loved ours. I am sure it will be a terrific vehicle for a family. As your family grows it will certainly give you more to expand. I'm sure you will make many happy memories in your new car. Looking forward to those detailed comparisons.
Thanks. Although the NX was very good, the RX will be an even greater family road trip car.

Originally Posted by batchelor
Enjoy Corrado, you were a big help to me and many others here. Stop by and visit once in a while and enjoy the new ride!
Thanks. I have a special connection to the NX forum so I'll be around for sure!

Originally Posted by wpath
Beautiful new ride! Love the red upholstery...
Thanks will post a couple RX pics at some point. We enjoyed the sporty look of the Rioja Red interior on the NX.

Originally Posted by LNXT200
congrats !!! we like to change cars every 2-3 yrs as well, but man I really see myself having a difficult time parting with the NX, anyways no doubt the RX is a nice beast, enjoy it.
Wife was on the fence as she LOVES the NX. It's her daily... So it was a tough trade-in but the deal was too good to let it pass.

Originally Posted by NXblue
Congrats on the RX. If that's what works for you ,then great. I know I would have a hard time driving that instead of the NX F sport, but hey,
I'm in the car 99% of the time by myself, so I don't need the room & you do. That makes all the difference. Enjoy
Thanks. Cargo room was not an issue 95% of the time with the NX though we will welcome the 5% of the time the RX will save the day!

Originally Posted by filippos
Yes, congrats on your new RX .. Hope it's a lucky one.. I have to admit although I don't visit often... You have IMO the nicest NX in the forum..
Thanks. The 22" Vossens help just a tad I think . Lots of other nice NX's too in this forum for which the pride of ownership of many shows.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 01-29-17 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-29-17, 05:49 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry to see you go. You have provided us NX owners a wealth of information, how to's, and help in general. There will be a big hole now in the NX forum.

Enjoy your new RX, can't go wrong. I'm just glad you stayed in the Lexus family.
Old 01-29-17, 08:27 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase. I love buying new cars as well ...and I'm thankful that I can afford to do so. Since we got married 16 years ago we have 9 new rides, 4 Toyotas and 5 Lexus...so it's like every 4 years we buy a new ride.

I tested the RX multiple times but can't do it. Love the FSport front and interior but the rear quarter bugs me. I don't want black or dark blue so I can't hide the black flowing roof that connects with the back window. Nebula gray would be the ONLY color I'll get on the RX FSPORT but then I don't want 2 cars of the same color since I have a gx460 in that color.

enjoy your new ride.
Old 01-29-17, 10:03 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Sorry to see you go corrado, I actually just downsized from an RX 450h to a new NX 300h for my wife and having been going through all the great info you have been posting, especially about the aftermarket wheels. Hope you you keep checking in on us NX owners
Old 01-30-17, 07:46 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Corrado, enjoy the RX. I think if the RX's update had come out first, we would be driving it instead of the NX.

Thanks for all the time and effort you spent in this forum, you are the guru with anything NX. And from a personal perspective, thanks for all your help Corrado. Your guidance has made our NX experience even better.

Cheers.
Old 01-30-17, 09:08 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new RX!
Old 01-30-17, 11:49 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Congrats on the RX.

You're going to stuff bag of manures in the RX trunk to see how much cubic feet it can hold?

Quick Reply: Was a great 2+ years!