blow off 200t

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-17, 04:37 AM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blow off 200t

Hi,
Anybody install blow off to auto NX200t?
Who thread is already set to blow off on turbo version?
Harmful or safe for the engine, this device?
What might arise in the future problems using blow off?

The desire to establish just for sound
Old 01-10-17, 08:42 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

First off, it uses a bypass valve (BPV) not a blowoff valve. If you use a blowoff valve you will vent metered air and cause rich conditions every time you let off the throttle (venting that air).

Secondly, the bypass valve is electronically controlled, not vacuum controlled like most aftermarket BPV.

Long and short, it's not something you want to do. If you want some sound out of the intake side, you should look into an intake system (AEM makes one) for the vehicle.
Old 01-10-17, 03:51 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
First off, it uses a bypass valve (BPV) not a blowoff valve. If you use a blowoff valve you will vent metered air and cause rich conditions every time you let off the throttle (venting that air).

Secondly, the bypass valve is electronically controlled, not vacuum controlled like most aftermarket BPV.

Long and short, it's not something you want to do. If you want some sound out of the intake side, you should look into an intake system (AEM makes one) for the vehicle.
I agree. Don't bother with adding on an aftermarket BOV. Instead, try this. Remove your air filter from the air filter housing and take a short drive around your house. You will definitely be able to hear the turbo spool, the waste gate operating, and most importantly, you will be able to hear the characteristic pssst sound when you take your foot off the gas. If this sound is to your liking, then you'll know that all you need is to install an aftermarket intake. (Please do NOT run long term without the air filter installed.)

This lexus turbo is very different from other turbo engines out there. Twin scroll aside, the wastegate operates in an normal-open position, as opposed to the standard normal-closed position of standard turbos. (for fuel efficiency purposes) Also, as no1SomeGuy said, the bypass valve is electronically controlled. Since there are so few aftermarket parts available, I really wouldn't go messing around with the engine. Let it sit in the market for a while, let some manufacturer really test their product before delving into the more exotic mods...
Old 01-10-17, 05:07 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Don't go driving without an air filter, this is just foolish. All it takes is one little piece of crap to ruin a valve seal or screw up your MAF sensor or many other possibly expensive problems.
Old 01-10-17, 10:30 PM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everybody for answers,
I understood that blow off is not good for this type of engine but may use bypass with electrical controller - it is very expensive?

You say about remove air filter and try to drive without it - can i receive needed sound pssst???
Have somewhere information about air filter???
Old 01-11-17, 12:44 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Bov won't work. It's electronically control by the ecu but if u add a intake you'll get that pssh sound and if u want it a lil louder add a charge pipe.
Old 01-11-17, 03:15 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by subaru
Thanks everybody for answers,
I understood that blow off is not good for this type of engine but may use bypass with electrical controller - it is very expensive?
It already HAS one built in. No need to spend extra money to buy something to replace something that is already working and working good.

You say about remove air filter and try to drive without it - can i receive needed sound pssst???
Have somewhere information about air filter???
Without the air filter, you will DEFINITELY hear your "needed sound pssst". That's why I asked you to try it. If you are afraid to test drive without air filter, do it without the car moving. Just take out the air filter, close the bonnet, get in the car and rev it a few times. That should give you an idea of what you will get. But like I said, do NOT drive long term without an air filter. Change your intake to some sort of open pod.
The following users liked this post:
subaru (01-11-17)
Old 01-11-17, 11:11 PM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by legrunt
It already HAS one built in. No need to spend extra money to buy something to replace something that is already working and working good.

Without the air filter, you will DEFINITELY hear your "needed sound pssst". That's why I asked you to try it. If you are afraid to test drive without air filter, do it without the car moving. Just take out the air filter, close the bonnet, get in the car and rev it a few times. That should give you an idea of what you will get. But like I said, do NOT drive long term without an air filter. Change your intake to some sort of open pod.
Thank you,
Ok, i will try to use without air filter.
I believe your words and dont doubt it, but if i get needed ptttsss, i want to use my car without air filter)))
What i need to install? Sport air filter such as?
Old 01-12-17, 12:37 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Thank you,
Ok, i will try to use without air filter.
I believe your words and dont doubt it, but if i get needed ptttsss, i want to use my car without air filter)))
What i need to install? Sport air filter such as?
I think you mean, you want to use your car without the STANDARD air filter, right? Using with NO filter will destroy your engine slowly.

As for what filter to use, please google, or ask
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-rozay604.html
or
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-bman2723.html

You can see pictures of their filter here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ge-pipe-2.html
Old 01-12-17, 04:03 AM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by legrunt
I think you mean, you want to use your car without the STANDARD air filter, right? Using with NO filter will destroy your engine slowly.

As for what filter to use, please google, or ask
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-rozay604.html
or
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-bman2723.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ge-pipe-2.html

Yes, I mean what kind of air filter i need to use to get needed sound ptttsss?
Old 01-12-17, 04:11 AM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-m...ge-pipe-2.html

In this link i saw that guys install air filter AEM product, and i have question
After this authors get sound ptttsss???
Old 01-12-17, 04:07 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

You know what... this will guarantee you to get that sound without having to do any research on your own... like using google, or directly messaging two people I have linked for you. Plus I am sure it will be much cheaper than buying a sports filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Electro.../dp/B00QF84ZJ8

Look! I even found a video so you can hear for yourself the much needed pssst!

Old 01-12-17, 08:42 PM
Rozay604
Advanced

Jus get the AEM intake, u won't be disappointed and you'll get the psshh sound. I tried to run a hks bov to my charge pipe and it didn't work.
The following users liked this post:
subaru (01-12-17)
Old 01-12-17, 10:10 PM
subaru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rozay604
Jus get the AEM intake, u won't be disappointed and you'll get the psshh sound. I tried to run a hks bov to my charge pipe and it didn't work.
thank you
do you have video using aem intake?
Old 01-13-17, 01:20 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

I'm sure u can find one on YouTube.

Quick Reply: blow off 200t