NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Activing BackUp cam in Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 08:16 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Back Up camera stays on in Drive mode

Just got me NX and this happened the other day. I am in Drive mode and actual moving while the BackUp camera is on. is it possible?

See pics

UPDATE: Took Lexus 4 times but still can't fix it. I finally got rid of the NX.
Attached Thumbnails Activing BackUp cam in Drive-20161229_142900-1-.jpg   Activing BackUp cam in Drive-20161229_142910-1-.jpg  

Last edited by GoHuskers; 12-13-17 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-03-17, 09:12 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, it can be set so that the camera stays on at low speeds while in Drive.
Old 01-03-17, 09:27 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by batchelor
Yes, it can be set so that the camera stays on at low speeds while in Drive.
I accidentally pushed something and it came up.

How do I activate that AGAIN?
Old 01-03-17, 10:36 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm, I believe it is in the settings in the same place where you determine what grid lines you want to use backing up, but would have to check next time I am in the vehicle.
Old 01-03-17, 01:34 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Is it equipped with a 360 degree camera?
The cameras can be activated by the camera button lateral to the steering wheel on the dash close to the driver's door. The cameras can be activated under 20kms and you can choose which view eg wideshot front camera at a busy intersection that 'sees around corners'.
The cameras can also be locked to come on automatically as soon as you slow down to under 20kms.
Brilliant system and one not often talked about.
Old 01-03-17, 01:39 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by miop4000
Is it equipped with a 360 degree camera?
The cameras can be activated by the camera button lateral to the steering wheel on the dash close to the driver's door. The cameras can be activated under 20kms and you can choose which view eg wideshot front camera at a busy intersection that 'sees around corners'.
The cameras can also be locked to come on automatically as soon as you slow down to under 20kms.
Brilliant system and one not often talked about.
Too bad we don't have the 360 camera in the US.

I like the idea...Let's say you are waiting for someone in an area that is unsafe, put it in Drive and ready to floor but also see what is going on BEHIND you. Awesome idea.
Old 01-03-17, 10:15 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

that never happened for me, I can't find a setting to enable it (wish I did)
Old 01-04-17, 12:24 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you are in the camera (I don't know how you can activate it if you don't have the button) maybe in reverse, you an press the AUTO button on the bottom of the screen. The camera will come on automatically at low speeds.

I find it a bit annoying though. I think it would be more useful if the camera stayed on a little longer after I've shifted out of reverse.
Old 01-04-17, 04:12 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The Auto function makes sense for me since I have the 360 function. How it works, in reverse, the camera view turns on automatically, one side of the screen showing the reverse view, the other showing a 360 top down view. When I shift into D, the 360 view remains, but the reverse view shifts to the front view. Once I reach a certain speed, the camera view turns off and resumes normal function until I slow down again. Great for front parking, or angled parking.

I don't get it why the auto function would exist for cars with only one rear camera. Why would one want to see behind when slowing down?
Old 01-04-17, 06:50 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by legrunt
The Auto function makes sense for me since I have the 360 function. How it works, in reverse, the camera view turns on automatically, one side of the screen showing the reverse view, the other showing a 360 top down view. When I shift into D, the 360 view remains, but the reverse view shifts to the front view. Once I reach a certain speed, the camera view turns off and resumes normal function until I slow down again. Great for front parking, or angled parking.

I don't get it why the auto function would exist for cars with only one rear camera. Why would one want to see behind when slowing down?
so you say that it is a FAULT in my car OR a mystery that needs to be solved?

again, I want to duplicate it but don't know how. Help?
Old 01-04-17, 08:30 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I have no button on the backup screen...

Old 01-05-17, 12:23 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers

I had this happen once in my NX. No 360 camera in Canada either. It was just a one time bug. I don't think there is a way to activate the camera when driving forwards. Even with the 360 camera (which I now have on my RX), pushing the button shows the forward camera, not the rear camera.
Old 01-05-17, 06:46 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by computerwi
I had this happen once in my NX. No 360 camera in Canada either. It was just a one time bug. I don't think there is a way to activate the camera when driving forwards. Even with the 360 camera (which I now have on my RX), pushing the button shows the forward camera, not the rear camera.
hahahaha....You said it was just one time bug....It was weird to me since we have had quite a few of Lexus and Toyota vehicles and this is the ONLY time I see that. I'm glad I took the pics.

Another one time bug (I hope) I got was the AM and FM just died the other day while driving. I CAN select it (Highlighted) but when you press on it nothing happened. SAT, USB, and Bluetooth streaming worked fine at this time. After the vehicle restarted, everything is back to normal.
Old 01-05-17, 03:33 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers

Suspect its an electronic glitch. I don't see any virtual buttons on your screen when it's showing the backup view. On my screen there are two virtual buttons on the screen, one of them is for Auto mode, where the 360 view will activate at low speeds.

I also get glitches once in a while (maybe every 3-4 months once) where the telephone sync would go haywire and it cannot communicate with the phone. Just long press on the volume **** to reset, and it's back to normal.
Old 01-06-17, 12:02 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

It happened again today. Back out of the parking spot and it into Drive and the Back Up camera is on the whole drive which included 70 mph on I80. I called the dealer "Lexus Technologist" but couldn't get a hold of him yet.

Will post updates.
Attached Thumbnails Activing BackUp cam in Drive-20170106_132206-1-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Activing BackUp cam in Drive