this will put her thighs above the bolsters:

http://2daydeliver.com/product_detai...=skub00q5hxq9o
The following users liked this post:
DampDuffer (05-14-17)
Old 05-10-17, 08:02 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to see this thread. I've been debating back and forth about whether to get the regular or the FSport. I had heard not great things about the seats in the FSport, so I went to the dealer so I could check them out....and yeah, they actually "hurt" my thighs. I guess I could get used to them, and I found that if I adjusted my seat and the way I sit in them, it was better. However I know if I have an issue with them, I know my husband will also.

So while I really like the "look" of the FSport better, I think if I go with the NX I will opt for the regular turbo instead. Or I might just get another RAV4....not sure yet.
Old 05-10-17, 11:10 AM
mtnman
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very surprised to read all this. When I sat in one at the dealer, I found the seats very comfortable.
But I haven't yet bought my first Lexus so I don't have a base for comparison.
Old 05-10-17, 06:01 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

We love the f-sport seats, they "hug" and support you fully. I feel far less sore getting out of them after a long drive then any other seat I've been in.
The following users liked this post:
kent2174 (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 06:42 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

The seats are so subjective and their fit depends on body type. They fit me fine but I didn't find them as comfortable as the standard seats. They didn't fit my wife at all so it was simply no good for us. We wanted a hybrid anyway, but I wish we could get the grill of the F-Sport.
Old 05-10-17, 06:54 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

F sport seats are fine to me. But I also have a BMW with sport seats so perhaps I am used to the more sportier design.

Overall I find the NX F sport quite comfortable and similar to what I experience in the BMW.
Old 05-10-17, 08:08 PM
doglab
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the best course is to actually sit in the seats before choosing.

I came from a G37 Coupe which had "tighter" bolsters and it was the seats in the nx200t that first caught my attention. In fact, it was the interior comfort (especially the seats) that sold the car. I'm not excited about the exterior styling of either model of the nx but the interior? That's where I spend my time and it's thumbs up all the way (90% of my miles are commute).
Old 05-11-17, 02:22 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting the different opinions on the seats. Maybe women find it more uncomfortable than men??
Old 05-11-17, 03:52 AM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Toymom
Interesting the different opinions on the seats. Maybe women find it more uncomfortable than men??
My wife prefers the bolstered NX seats to the seats in the '17 RX. She didn't care for the NX seats first time around, but has changed her mind. We now take my NX everywhere.....
Old 05-11-17, 06:38 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I find the side bolstering too restrictive and tight on the F sport seats. For that reason alone I would not be able to buy the F sport NX.
Old 05-11-17, 12:21 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
this will put her thighs above the bolsters:

http://2daydeliver.com/product_detai...=skub00q5hxq9o
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for...
Unfortunately, they are sold out, but I will search for the same or similar product elsewhere....
Old 05-11-17, 12:23 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hadiguy05
My wife prefers the bolstered NX seats to the seats in the '17 RX. She didn't care for the NX seats first time around, but has changed her mind. We now take my NX everywhere.....
Haha, now that is the solution I'm really looking for, a changed mind!!
Old 05-14-17, 05:47 AM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have already purchased the F-Sport NX and are unhappy that the seat cushion bolster digs in too much to your body or if it keeps your hips too high but drops the main portion of your trunk, you can try what I do on my Audi A5 Cab. Get a bath towel (not too plush) and fold it so it sits in the lower portion of the seat cushion (where it is mostly flat but sloping without overlapping the bolsters. It should bring the trunk of your body up high enough that it wont be a different height than your hips. You may have to fold the towel a few times to do that. If that works then great, if you are seeking a more permanent solution to the towel if it works, go off to an upholstry supply shop and in most cases, they will be happy to cut you a piece of foam (high density and or a wedge) for not much money. In most cases, it is the bottom cushion of the seat that is the issue for this and not the backrest. Worth a shot before, you invest in a cushion.

dentate
Oshawa, ON and
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 05-14-17, 05:10 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

The metal spar in the seat bottom of my mother's 2014 IS350 AWD Luxury Package digs into my left thigh. I like the drive so much that I was thinking of buying it off of her when she's ready to move into Lexus' next convertible, but the uncomfortable seat is a dealbreaker, and my Mustang has the optional Recaro seats.

I had an NX as a loaner a few months ago, it feels like the same seat. I was considering an NX, but no longer.
Old 05-14-17, 08:07 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

which NX did you get as a loaner? FSport? big difference between that and the regular NX seat.

Quick Reply: 3 days in, wife decides she hates the seats