Xpel clear bra.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-16, 06:15 PM
Metalup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xpel clear bra.

Hey all,

So I had some questions regarding an Xpel self healing clear bra kit. I am getting a standard kit installation which covers the mirror's, full front end, and headlights. I was hoping for some feedback from other owners whom have had one installed. My questions are.....
How does the clear bra hold up against road debris driving at highway speeds? I know its self healing but to what degree of damage, small scratches and whatnot I know will be fine, but what about small pebbles or salt from sanders in the winter hitting it? Just curious how your experience has been with it, its expensive and I know its good added protection, just want to make sure its worth the money I am paying.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-16, 06:36 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found it to be more than durable but can be affected by sharp stones or gravel and in past cars had the occasional tear in the material. Xpel Ultimate does a better job than the lower grades of Xpel.
Old 09-07-16, 07:28 PM
Metalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by batchelor
I have found it to be more than durable but can be affected by sharp stones or gravel and in past cars had the occasional tear in the material. Xpel Ultimate does a better job than the lower grades of Xpel.

Thanks for the quick response. I believe I am getting the Xpel Ultimate I will double check with the vender thats installing it for me. I expect worse case scenario there will be a tear but hopefully it will protect the paint thats the most important thing. I just had a few rock chips fixed on my bumper so I decided to have the clear bra installed to help protect the front end from any more road debris damage. doesn't stay new forever but we can try >.<
Old 09-08-16, 01:52 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

It's a great product and recently the buyer after me has gotten the value of using it. I'm never sure if people peel it off eventually to reveal the fresh paint underneath or if it stays on for the life of the vehicle!
Old 09-09-16, 07:17 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked into the Xpel ultimate for the complete front, however I really debated it with my wife. Should we spend another $1850 on the car for something that will last a couple years? Yes, I know Xpel has a great warranty program. Then we decided on not getting it. Because rock chips are inevitable, just enjoy the car. If and when you decide to sell, nobody is going to nag about the 3 rock chips on the hood over the price of the car. This isnt a Lambo or Ferrari where everything has to look pristine.
Old 09-09-16, 07:24 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

$1850?? That's way too much, but not sure of your location. I paid $750 CDN for mine.
Old 09-10-16, 04:29 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We paid 1700, but that was for the entire nose all the way to the front doors/windshield, plus the rocker panels as they look like targets for people dragging their feet across. Oh, that included window tinting for all windows except the windshield. Now that I think about it, the XPEL ultimate was only $1299 USD.
Old 09-12-16, 04:09 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by batchelor
$1850?? That's way too much, but not sure of your location. I paid $750 CDN for mine.
NYC. The work would've covered front hood wrapped, front bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights, A pillar and partial front roof. At $750 CDN that's a steal.
Old 09-12-16, 04:36 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Ah, that makes sense, mine was partial hood, no A pillars or roof, but all the rest.
Old 09-12-16, 06:33 PM
Metalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aztr0
NYC. The work would've covered front hood wrapped, front bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights, A pillar and partial front roof. At $750 CDN that's a steal.
WOW! That's and excellent price. Mine was front hood, front bumper, fenders, mirrors, and headlights. All for $950. I was very happy with it after the install, would totally recommend for those wanting to protect there baby :P
Old 09-12-16, 07:13 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalup
Hey all,

So I had some questions regarding an Xpel self healing clear bra kit. I am getting a standard kit installation which covers the mirror's, full front end, and headlights. I was hoping for some feedback from other owners whom have had one installed. My questions are.....
How does the clear bra hold up against road debris driving at highway speeds? I know its self healing but to what degree of damage, small scratches and whatnot I know will be fine, but what about small pebbles or salt from sanders in the winter hitting it? Just curious how your experience has been with it, its expensive and I know its good added protection, just want to make sure its worth the money I am paying.

Thanks.
I have a full front xpel ultimate on my RX. Found out that something tore the xpel and scratched the paint. It's about .5 inches but still, pretty sad. I feel that it would have been ALOT worse if I didn't have it on as I could see scratches healing on other parts of the fender. Just get it. It isn't a magical barrier but it does protect against rock chips, etc.