NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Front Bumper Proximity Sensor Display

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-16, 02:13 PM
jwlam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Proximity Sensor Display

Is anyone aware of a way to enable the parking assist to display the front proximity graphic on the navigation screen? Based on my use, it seems that when in reverse, the rear bumper proximity sensor graphic will show up on the navigation screen. However, when pulling into a parking space head first the proximity sensor graphic shows up in the 4.2 inch info screen on the driver's instrument panel. It's sometimes hard to see the proximity sensor graphic when the wheel is turned and is blocked by the steering wheel spoke.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-16, 02:48 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting...mine displays both rear collision and forward collision warnings/graphics on the large main nav screen. When in reverse, the graphic is at the corner of the main screen (so as to not interfere with the rear-facing video camera image).

Last edited by NXOwner; 07-22-16 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added clarification with respect to the rear sensor graphic.
Old 07-22-16, 10:21 AM
jwlam
Driver School Candidate

I continued testing out the front parking sensors last night and my front collision warning still shows up on the center instrument panel rather than on the navigation screen. The navigation screen shows the navigation map and radio information. I'd like for the collision warning to override whatever is on the navigation screen at that moment. I went through all the settings last night as well and didn't see anything that would allow me to disable/enable that.

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Interesting...mine displays both rear collision and forward collision warnings/graphics on the large main nav screen.
Old 07-22-16, 12:41 PM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't you get the small inset display in the upper right of the NAV screen, as well? I do, along with the between instrument display. which is what I rely upon.7

In the manual there is a setting (Setup/Vehicle/Park Assist) that appears to indicate that if you set "Display" "On" it might override the entire NAV screen. (I'm not sure but that's what it may be doing--the manual is confusing regarding display on and off.)
Old 07-22-16, 02:33 PM
jwlam
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply. I definitely don't get the inset image in the navigation screen. I will try the setting again and see if switching display to on fixes this. I'm curious to know whether you and the other poster divide your navigation screen into smaller boxes? I currently set my navigation home screen to show 3 boxes of information - nav map, radio information, and climate control info. Perhaps because i have it split into 3 the inset doesn't pop up.

Originally Posted by jim256
Don't you get the small inset display in the upper right of the NAV screen, as well? I do, along with the between instrument display. which is what I rely upon.7

In the manual there is a setting (Setup/Vehicle/Park Assist) that appears to indicate that if you set "Display" "On" it might override the entire NAV screen. (I'm not sure but that's what it may be doing--the manual is confusing regarding display on and off.)
Old 07-22-16, 03:17 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Mine is set up with 3 screens. Don't think I get park assist on the instrument display.
Old 07-22-16, 04:06 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Oops. I was wrong. It does show up on both.
Old 07-22-16, 06:04 PM
jwlam
Driver School Candidate

PROBLEM SOLVED... It is a setting in Setup/Vehicle/Park Assist. Must click display OFF. I had it on display on. Now the front Collison sensors show on the nav screen.

Originally Posted by jim256

Old 07-25-16, 04:36 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I switched off all my proximity sensors. Got too annoying when waiting at traffic lights and moroncycles creep around the car to get to the front.

On the other hand, I have 360 pano view, so I'm all good for parking in tight spaces.
Old 04-14-19, 09:22 AM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i’m having trouble to get it to show up on my wife’s 2018 NX. Don’t see an option in vehicle setting. Any ideas?
Old 04-17-19, 02:57 PM
Newnx
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fjaw
i’m having trouble to get it to show up on my wife’s 2018 NX. Don’t see an option in vehicle setting. Any ideas?
I can't find this option in my 2018 NX either. I guess 18 model has different infotainment system.
Old 04-18-19, 05:32 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

That’s sucks. We also have a 19 and on the 19 image will show up on the monitor and the speedometer.
Old 04-18-19, 07:53 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Newnx
I can't find this option in my 2018 NX either. I guess 18 model has different infotainment system.
NX infotainment was updated in 2018 so it should be the same as 2019. Might make a difference with or w/o Nav.
Old 04-18-19, 08:19 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

I have both 18 and 19 with Nav. They are different. In the 19, front sensor indicator also shows up on the monitor.
Old 04-18-19, 08:22 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Fjaw
I have both 18 and 19 with Nav. They are different. In the 19, front sensor indicator also shows up on the monitor.
Strange and you have the parking assist option on both?

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Proximity Sensor Display