NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Winshield Wiper Issue More than what it seems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 05:38 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winshield Wiper Issue More than what it seems

So I purchased my NX200 In April 2015. Ive noticed from the start that there were streaking on the wipers, I initially thought its just the wipers, or it was dirty. BUT seems like it maybe more to it .

Maybe its an adjustment on the arm on the wipers possibly ?

Ive brought to the dealer, I'm pretty sure the dealer just changed the wipers. But still same issue.

If I plan to keep the car, which Iam planning to keep for about 10 years, it will leave marks on the windshield

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Old 06-15-16, 10:10 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Trying using a clay bar on the glass. There is likely some hidden residue that regular window cleaner will not remove.

I've never had a windshield last 10 years.... you must be pretty lucky to have not needed a replacement before.
Old 06-16-16, 03:45 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Only issue I've had with my NX. Wipers leave a gap right in front of the drivers face. It's like it isn't touching the glass all the way across. Just had them replaced on 15k service. It does seem to be better but still not like it should be.
Old 07-05-16, 08:00 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Just an update on this issue.
I was told they changed the wipers, but the dealer initially just changed the blade ( not even sure they did that ) cause the streaks were on the same spot.
After a few phone calls, to lexus Hq. they came and replaced the whole piece where the blade is on. Thats the way it was suppose to be done initially.

So no big issue on this.
Old 07-08-16, 02:59 AM
gobyli
Driver School Candidate

yep, got this issue on mine as well, mine is a july 2015 NX
I've tried cleaning with clay bar, detergent, windscreen fluid, car wash, nothing gets that away
took the blades off from cleaning doesn't do anything either
only thing that can get it better momentarily is using rainX, but as soon as they wear off or just gets scrubbed off by the wipers it's back again
it's bloody annoying and at times actually dangerous coz it's starting to block my view when driving
Old 07-10-16, 04:05 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The OEM wipers suck and no third party wipers on store shelves yet.

I was really hoping that Bosche would have made a replacement by now.
Old 07-10-16, 10:01 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Originally Posted by gobyli
yep, got this issue on mine as well, mine is a july 2015 NX
I've tried cleaning with clay bar, detergent, windscreen fluid, car wash, nothing gets that away
took the blades off from cleaning doesn't do anything either
only thing that can get it better momentarily is using rainX, but as soon as they wear off or just gets scrubbed off by the wipers it's back again
it's bloody annoying and at times actually dangerous coz it's starting to block my view when driving
have you contacted the dealer. Its a warranty item from what I know. the sooner you get it documented, the better.
Keep us update
Old 09-10-16, 09:50 AM
GhostPrime
Driver School Candidate

Glen, I saw a video where they guy did a "re-indexing" of the blade, meaning he loosened the nut securing the entire blade arm, then lowered it a slight amount to put a little more pressure on the blade which is SUPPOSED to solve that problem.

Our problem is the entire blade is falling apart but I cannot find a replacement blade anywhere. Even the dealer only had a blade insert (just the rubber) which is NOT easy to change. Kind of makes me wonder about Lexus' interest in having satisfied customers. What the hell do we do if we are on a trip and the blade disintegrates due to mud or sand and we have a wreck since we can't find a stinking replacement blade on the road? Can you say "lawsuit"? (And I HATE lawyers so for me to say this you know how I feel)
Old 09-11-16, 04:00 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostPrime
Glen, I saw a video where they guy did a "re-indexing" of the blade, meaning he loosened the nut securing the entire blade arm, then lowered it a slight amount to put a little more pressure on the blade which is SUPPOSED to solve that problem.

Our problem is the entire blade is falling apart but I cannot find a replacement blade anywhere. Even the dealer only had a blade insert (just the rubber) which is NOT easy to change. Kind of makes me wonder about Lexus' interest in having satisfied customers. What the hell do we do if we are on a trip and the blade disintegrates due to mud or sand and we have a wreck since we can't find a stinking replacement blade on the road? Can you say "lawsuit"? (And I HATE lawyers so for me to say this you know how I feel)
Thanks for the tip. I've got 20k service coming up and will mention this. Good luck with yours!!!