NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Infotainment/Enform Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 04:14 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

one thing I had to reset after the battery trick was my navigation direction. I had to make the change again so that the map shows me always traveling forward and the map turns, versus the arrow going every which way.
Old 06-08-16, 04:36 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

You can use a 12mm as well.

Restarted and so far so good. Settings are saved, but values are erased (like the fuel consumption, G-Force meter)

Old 06-08-16, 06:48 PM
typocl
Instructor

that's interesting, I didn't think to remove the cable at that location
Old 06-08-16, 08:40 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I got an enform update notice driving home from work, you have to have the enform app connected, it will advise you there is a mandatory update. I did the update, no issues, pretty sure it was to fix this glitch.
Old 06-09-16, 03:30 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a way to restart the Nav/Ino system by holding a button. But I forgot which button it is.

Anyone remember?? Had to do it when I first got mine over a year ago.
Old 06-09-16, 08:38 AM
gdcheng
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine started the constant reboot cycle on Tuesday. Very frustrating not being able to use the radio, nav, etc but most annoying is not being able to use my phone!
Old 06-09-16, 08:46 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by GlenK
There is a way to restart the Nav/Ino system by holding a button. But I forgot which button it is.

Anyone remember?? Had to do it when I first got mine over a year ago.
Yes, press and hold for several seconds the volume/power ****. That will not work for this though.
Old 06-09-16, 12:25 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Yes, press and hold for several seconds the volume/power ****. That will not work for this though.
Evidently, the problem with battery disconnection procedure is that it wipes-out (resets) your gas mileage history and other data (as per someone's previous experience doing this).

Is this "push-button-reset" procedure less destructive? Does it delete mileage history, previous destinations, preset stations, or other data?
Old 06-09-16, 04:22 PM
rjw972
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I called my dealer today to inquire how to disconnect the battery for a hybrid since the way the battery sits in the trunk I didn't want to mess anything up just in case the set up was different from a conventional car. Anyway, when I called the rep they told me they apparently had a permanent fix and told me to come down to finally get the issue resolved. Just got back from the dealer and so far so good. Even my DAYTIME mode was back soooooo we'll see if its really permanent.

Last edited by rjw972; 06-09-16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-09-16, 04:29 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Evidently, the problem with battery disconnection procedure is that it wipes-out (resets) your gas mileage history and other data (as per someone's previous experience doing this).

Is this "push-button-reset" procedure less destructive? Does it delete mileage history, previous destinations, preset stations, or other data?
The push button procedure doesn't delete anything. It just restarts the system if it's frozen on a page.
Old 06-09-16, 05:34 PM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by rjw972
So I called my dealer today to inquire how to disconnect the battery for a hybrid since the way the battery sits in the trunk I didn't want to mess anything up just in case the set was different from a conventional car. Anyway, when I called the rep they told me they apparently had a permanent fix and told me to come down to finally get the issue resolved. Just got back from the dealer and so far so good. Even my DAYTIME mode was back soooooo we'll see if its really permanent.
Do you know what the "permanent" fix was?
Old 06-10-16, 02:49 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
That's it thanks.. The brain needs a restart too! Fortunately I haven't had this issue!
Old 06-10-16, 08:46 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is still fine. Did you update something or it just happened?
Old 09-28-16, 06:40 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started to experience this issue this past weekend on Saturday. Sunday afternoon the radio worked again but today it came back. I will try the battery disconnect tomorrow. Since most experienced this issue in June I wonder if mine is the same issue.

9/30/16 update - The dealer asked me to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and then reconnect. I did this but the system is still not working, Will be bringing my vehicle in tomorrow for the dealer to try.Maybe 5 minutes is not long enough. It was raining and I didn't want to sit out there too long in the rain.

10/10/16 update - So had to bring my vehicle in and they said it was a faulty head unit. So they put in a new head unit and it works now.

Last edited by wildeklave; 10-10-16 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-16-16, 02:19 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
10/10/16 update - So had to bring my vehicle in and they said it was a faulty head unit. So they put in a new head unit and it works now.
Same for me... For a year now, my Infotainment randomly decides when it wants to work, freeze, crash & reboot, etc. I was adamant with my dealer that I wanted a new head unit, (they've tried three times to find the problem and could never duplicate it when in the shop.) They were kind enough to replace it for me this week. So far so good, no problems with this new one.

I'm also convinced that I've bought the Lexus equivalent of Christine, seeing as my dealer is constantly baffled at the odd "one-off" problems I've been having with it

Quick Reply: Infotainment/Enform Problem