NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

nx200t back up camera resolution

Old 03-18-16, 08:25 PM
Kvs_350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx200t back up camera resolution

Hi CL for some reason my nx200t f sport back up camera resolution is horrible. Even worst at night everything is blurry. I have a 09 is350 and the back up camera is way better than the nx and I recently got a 2016 es350 and the camera is much better than the nx. Is anyone having the same issue? I looked at the camera but don't see any water got inside. Just want to see if all the nx is like that or just my being defective. Thank you!
Old 03-18-16, 09:53 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

You've adjusted the contrast and brightness, yes? Did you wipe down the lens? Maybe someone else did, with an abrasive cleaner by accident?
Old 03-18-16, 11:15 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Talking about the camera, I have an issue with mine.

It seems to be very low FPS? Like when I am using the 360 degree pano camera, the frame rate is slow and it lags a bit. Sometimes it's normal. This is during the day BTW, I thought it was a night issue/shutter speed issue.
Old 03-19-16, 06:06 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine is clear, good color, not sure what may have happened to yours. Close to equal to my phone camera. I'd play with the settings and look at the lens as suggested.
Old 03-19-16, 07:44 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

mine is crystal clear even at night. I suggest bringing it to the dealer
Old 03-19-16, 10:00 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

Mine is crystal clear. Equal or perhaps better than the ES. I think it is better at night because the backup lights are brighter than the ES. It doesn't sound like a common problem. I would have the dealer check it.
Old 03-20-16, 04:35 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Could you post a picture?
Old 03-21-16, 02:54 PM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm So I can't compare camera with the 2016 ES350, but I can tell that the camera is better than my IS350 2010 for sure! Try wipe clean the lens at back and see if it helps since you said blurry. Unless you mean the screen resolution. NX screen is different compare with some new model's HD screen. it will look different for sure
Old 03-22-16, 05:56 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

The back up camera in my NX I never use. At night it's often very dark and grainy and in the rain the lens gets covered in raindrops and is useless. I use the mirrors which work great
Old 03-22-16, 12:02 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr645
The back up camera in my NX I never use. At night it's often very dark and grainy and in the rain the lens gets covered in raindrops and is useless. I use the mirrors which work great
Raindrops are normal for back up camera of any car/make/model.

There is a way to make the lens with less raindrops ---- there are a few products that are specially made to make the lens surface less hydrophobic but the issue is it is not easily available in North America. They are from Japan
Old 03-22-16, 01:39 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

This is the product I refer to. It is a coating specifically for lens used in back-up camera system.

I have this product and applied once to my IS and RX. Depending on the weather condition, you have to apply once a while. I didn't record the durability of the coating. Maybe I should. The application is straightforward. Just spray on the lens sparingly. Ideally you just make sure the lens is clean. You can apply the coating while the lens is wet or dry. It means when raining and you find the rain drops hinder your lens, you just spray it lightly and immediately, it becomes clear because it turns the rain drops into a water sheet.

Carmate C65 XCLEAR Coating for Rear Cameras.
http://www.carmate.co.jp/english/pro...tail/4106/C65/
Old 03-22-16, 04:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
This is the product I refer to. It is a coating specifically for lens used in back-up camera system.

I have this product and applied once to my IS and RX. Depending on the weather condition, you have to apply once a while. I didn't record the durability of the coating. Maybe I should. The application is straightforward. Just spray on the lens sparingly. Ideally you just make sure the lens is clean. You can apply the coating while the lens is wet or dry. It means when raining and you find the rain drops hinder your lens, you just spray it lightly and immediately, it becomes clear because it turns the rain drops into a water sheet.

Carmate C65 XCLEAR Coating for Rear Cameras.
http://www.carmate.co.jp/english/pro...tail/4106/C65/
I wonder if Rain X would be effective...

Old 03-22-16, 07:23 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I wonder if Rain X would be effective...

Probably not as it would make more rain drops or more tiny rain drops. Rain X is in the category of rain repellent for windshield.

Also it may not be suitable for lens. Actually Lexus owner's manual says not to mess with the lens camera with glass coating ("2015 Lexus NX Navigation System Owner's Manual", "Ch 7 - Peripheral Monitoring System ", page 288, Under "Notice" )

On the other hand, the product above specifically is made for lens for the back up camera.

Last edited by AndyL; 03-23-16 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-27-16, 10:56 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is crystal clear and sharp... Lettering from peoples license plates, signs, etc. is super clear even at night. I will say, the second the lens gets any bit of dirt on it, it forms a sort of halo effect on everything. Rain seems to drip down from the rear spoiler and coat the lens, as it sticks out a little more than it should for my liking... Try wiping it with a terry cloth, lightly damp with water. See if that helps?
Old 04-12-16, 05:43 PM
akaido
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my NX few days ago and the rear camera is also not clear, resolution is VGA at best. If you look closely it is very grainy. My other car's rear cam is like HD quality. What is the cam's resolution? or just this backup cam spec is low?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nx200t back up camera resolution