2016 nx speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-16, 05:19 PM
mikeohhh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 nx speakers

Hi everyone,

This may seem like a stupid question but my friends noticed they weren't really hearing my music loudly from the backseats. Now after playing with the speakers I notice the backseat speakers are clearly quieter than the ones up front. I did take into consideration that the front has more speakers but its clear it is not outputting out as much sound as i would expect (setting volume at 30) in the back. Have you guys noticed this? Speakers are working just not loud. Possibly by design? (wishful thinking). Thanks!
Old 01-03-16, 02:53 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeohhh
Hi everyone,

This may seem like a stupid question but my friends noticed they weren't really hearing my music loudly from the backseats. Now after playing with the speakers I notice the backseat speakers are clearly quieter than the ones up front. I did take into consideration that the front has more speakers but its clear it is not outputting out as much sound as i would expect (setting volume at 30) in the back. Have you guys noticed this? Speakers are working just not loud. Possibly by design? (wishful thinking). Thanks!
Sorry to be so negative but in the car stereo world. We don't care about the back seat passengers, the sound is always focus on the driver. The reason why it's not loud is because Lexus tries to set the imaging towards u. Even tho there is no time alignment function in your car. In the car audio world most ppl don't even have back speakers. They usually only put them in as a filler.
Old 01-03-16, 08:45 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I noticed that I couldn't hear the rear seat speakers either so I turned the F-R balance until it sounded right. A few weeks later I was riding in the back and the speakers were way too loud back there with the fronts set at a normal level. I've since readjusted the balance to 0 and just enjoy the front speakers.
Old 01-03-16, 01:21 PM
mikeohhh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks for the help guys! just didn't want to look ridiculous bringing it back to the dealership on what is still good. i figured if there is no emphasis on the speakers in the back it would at least sound louder then the current output. learn something new everyday!