NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nx comfort issue

Old 12-28-15, 09:40 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nx comfort issue

Hi Everyone, How are you friends ? Can anyone please help me with some suggestion and information.... My one is NX 2015 F SPORTS.... What is the benefit of using 18" rim with tyre 225/60/R18 and What is the benefit of using 17" rim with tyre 225/60/R17 ...... some of my friends are saying if i change tyre to 17" i will little more comfort on bumpy road ... Is it true that if i use 17" Rim with tyre 235/70/R17 i will be able to get some comfort in Bumpy Road ... ( PS - Though MY one is F SPORTS ).....
Another 1 - Is there any difference in SHOCK ABSORBER BETWEEN NX Fsports and NX L package.......
Old 12-28-15, 09:55 PM
optokki
Driver School Candidate

Yes, its true. There will be more tire sidewall to absorb bumps. Its not going to be a huge difference but.. theoretically, it will be better.
Old 12-28-15, 11:32 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Thanx for early reply . Actually i dont need huge difference ... actually in bumpy road i cant sit on rear seat.. too much bump.IF tire change make little difference that will be good enough with me ... but confused that is it gonna ruin the look because i m going to change the tire from 18" to 17".. is it due to F SPORTS model ... does this bump feeling is same with another models also ( i mean L package normal package ) ....

Is there any difference in SHOCK ABSORBER BETWEEN NX Fsports and NX L package....
Old 12-28-15, 11:58 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Pinhead for reply... Can you suggest me tire size in 17" Rim .... or since i m using 18" Rim now ... wht size tire i can use in 18" RIM to get comfort....
Old 12-29-15, 03:39 AM
DBCOM
Driver School Candidate

The F-Sport does have a stiffer suspension I believe, so as far as ride comfort goes, I can't imagine you'll notice that much of a difference between the wheel / tire size even though the 18s are slightly lower profile tire, but that's just my opinion... Tire pressure might also play a role here and tire quality... The Michelin tires that came stock on the vehicle when I got mine last June don't offer as smooth and quiet a ride as the Goodyear winter tires I have on now (which you'd think would be the opposite), and they're both 18's, so before spending too much money on rims / tires, I would research this a bit more... I know that I likely won't be going with the same model tire for summer when I do change them later on for that fact alone.
Old 12-29-15, 05:08 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Echoing some of the above posts, moving to a higher profile tire will provide an incremental increase in comfort, but you must find the appropriate tire as this plays a big role. Also before spending money and time, lower your tire pressure as DBCOM pointed out. You may find this is acceptable. I wouldn't go lower than 28-29 psi though.

Besides the tire pressure, you have three options, with increasing cost.

1. Change existing tires, < $1K USD: Increase to a softer brand/model AND slightly wider 235/60/18 (will provide an incrementally taller sidewall), but any differences noticed will depend on your current model of tire. Which tire do you currently have?

2. Move to 17" wheels/tires, < $1.5K USD: you will need 225/65/17 tires (not 225/60/17), but I would get 235/65/17 for the added extra width and additional slightly higher profile over the 225/65/17 tires. In N.America, a comfortable all-season Grand Touring tire is the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread as per below. See Tirerack.com for other tire categories and brands for you to cross-reference to your local market's tire availability and price you want to spend.

To further slightly optimize ride comfort, you want a 17" wheel that weighs the same or less than the 18" F Sport wheel which weighs 31 lbs (14 kg) (See here for more info).

3. Change the FSport springs and dampers, ~$2K USD: Replace with the standard NX springs and dampers, but before you do this at your dealer, go for a test drive with a regular NX on 18" wheels so you understand the difference. Also, do you have AVS Adaptive Variable Suspension as seen by the Drive Selector mode with the Sport S/S+? If so, these dampers are "soft" in all modes but mode Sport S+ so I would consider only changing the springs which will also be much cheaper ~$1K USD.
Old 12-30-15, 03:03 AM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Echoing some of the above posts, moving to a higher profile tire will provide an incremental increase in comfort, but you must find the appropriate tire as this plays a big role. Also before spending money and time, lower your tire pressure as DBCOM pointed out. You may find this is acceptable. I wouldn't go lower than 28-29 psi though.

Besides the tire pressure, you have three options, with increasing cost.

1. Change existing tires, < $1K USD: Increase to a softer brand/model AND slightly wider 235/60/18 (will provide an incrementally taller sidewall), but any differences noticed will depend on your current model of tire. Which tire do you currently have?

2. Move to 17" wheels/tires, < $1.5K USD: you will need 225/65/17 tires (not 225/60/17), but I would get 235/65/17 for the added extra width and additional slightly higher profile over the 225/65/17 tires. In N.America, a comfortable all-season Grand Touring tire is the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread as per below. See Tirerack.com for other tire categories and brands for you to cross-reference to your local market's tire availability and price you want to spend.

To further slightly optimize ride comfort, you want a 17" wheel that weighs the same or less than the 18" F Sport wheel which weighs 31 lbs (14 kg) (See here for more info).

3. Change the FSport springs and dampers, ~$2K USD: Replace with the standard NX springs and dampers, but before you do this at your dealer, go for a test drive with a regular NX on 18" wheels so you understand the difference. Also, do you have AVS Adaptive Variable Suspension as seen by the Drive Selector mode with the Sport S/S+? If so, these dampers are "soft" in all modes but mode Sport S+ so I would consider only changing the springs which will also be much cheaper ~$1K USD.

Thank you corradoMR2 for your reply.
thank your again for you helpful suggestion ..

1st - I am using 28 psi on tires. But still is not feeling comfortable.
2nd - Now tire size 225/60 R18 , But if i changed to 235/60/18 will it help to improve comfort...
3rd - if this tier size 235/60/ R18 does not improve comfort then i want to go for 235/65/ R17 or 235/70/ R17 or 245/65/R 17 or 245/70/ R 17... But will it make any hamper to the suspension.

4th - About changing the spring, actually In our country there is no dealer of lexus. Not only that also if i want to buy a lexus car then we have to import it from japan as some local importer imported this car and i bought it from him. thats y i dont have any chance to check with other normal package NX. Have you driven a NX normal package..

I am asking a lot of question to you ...sorry for that,,,,

** yes i have AVS Adaptive Variable Suspension as seen by the Drive Selector mode with the Sport S/S+ .....If i change the springs my current 1 with normal Package NX's 1 then does that do any hamper to my current suspension...
Old 12-30-15, 03:31 AM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Also i think main issue of not getting enough comfort is due to Spring as you said F-sports NX 's is different from normal package NX 's spring.....

while i drive the car on some bumpy road it feels like i m driving some kind of sports cuope ( GT86) with low profile tire and Stiffer spring ....

If i want to change the springs than i have to import those springs from china ...

But does the change of springs will hamper the suspension as it is F-sports....
Old 12-30-15, 08:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

What specific tire brand AND model do you currently have as your 225/60/18? Let's start with this...
Old 12-30-15, 11:06 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ES is on the Goodyear Comfortread Assurances, as were 2 of my previous Infiniti's. I can totally vouch, that not only do they seem to grip/handled better in wet weather, they have never gotten me stuck in the snow, and they truly are the quietest tire on the market. I have the factory Yokohama's on my NX now, and they seem to be VERY harsh over bumps in comparison. Corrado is right, a softer 17" will help absorb a lot of that.

Also, going into my second month of ownership, mine seems to finally be softening up a little. It was fairly stiff the first month, and now ever with colder temps, I'm noticing far less body roll and jarring over bad pavement. I have the upgraded 18's, and I can't imagine people putting 20+"s on these CUV's. It must ride like a brick on a roller skate lol
Old 12-30-15, 09:48 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

What specific tire brand AND model do you currently have as your 225/60/18? Let's start with this...
corradoMR2 ,

Tire Brand - Bridgestone
All season model
Size - 225/60/R18 100H
2015 NX F SPORTS

Tire pressure is 24 psi . But not feeling comfort. Is it due F- SPORTS model ...

And i am from Bangladesh.. here weather temperature 20 C to 25 C .....
Old 12-30-15, 09:52 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeW83
My ES is on the Goodyear Comfortread Assurances, as were 2 of my previous Infiniti's. I can totally vouch, that not only do they seem to grip/handled better in wet weather, they have never gotten me stuck in the snow, and they truly are the quietest tire on the market. I have the factory Yokohama's on my NX now, and they seem to be VERY harsh over bumps in comparison. Corrado is right, a softer 17" will help absorb a lot of that.

Also, going into my second month of ownership, mine seems to finally be softening up a little. It was fairly stiff the first month, and now ever with colder temps, I'm noticing far less body roll and jarring over bad pavement. I have the upgraded 18's, and I can't imagine people putting 20+"s on these CUV's. It must ride like a brick on a roller skate lol
Thanks a lot for ur reply.....Yeah i am pretty sure that MR CORRADOMR2 is right .. 17" will help absorb a lot of bump ... but which brand and size of tire i should use....
Old 12-30-15, 10:06 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SaikatSaha
corradoMR2 ,

Tire Brand - Bridgestone
All season model
Size - 225/60/R18 100H
2015 NX F SPORTS

Tire pressure is 24 psi . But not feeling comfort. Is it due F- SPORTS model ...

And i am from Bangladesh.. here weather temperature 20 C to 25 C .....
Again thanx a lot for ur rply and helping me to solve my problem ....

Today i have managed a tire shopkeeper , He agree to give me some used 225/65/R17 with 17" wheel to drive for 2 or 3 hour to check i get comfort or not ..... i searched for 235/70/R17 but they were unable to manage used one. ..
Another thing will 235/65/R18 or 235/70/R18 size tires help to improve ......??? ....
Old 12-31-15, 04:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ You either have the Ecopia or Dueler models. Would be nice to know specifically...

In any case, there are other tires that are better riding than either of the Bridgestones, but just because you're now testing a 225/65/17 it doesn't mean it will be significantly more comfortable. It depends on the Brand and Model (specifically the model). Please specify your existing 18" tire and the 17" you're testing.

If you do proceed with the 17" wheels/tires, get the most comfortably rated tire available in your market. Key requirements you must not oversee:

- Don't be concerned with the category of tire. That is, you don't need a "truck/crossover" tire in your case if you just care about on-road comfort without added light-duty off-road traction.

- With that said, if you go with a "car" tire such as the specific Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires stated in the prior posts, make sure load rating is minimum 100 so that it can safely support the NX's weight and passengers/cargo. Those Goodyear tires sized 235/65/17 meet this criteria.

- Get 235/65/17, not 225/65/17. The extra 10 mm width translates to a 6.5mm increase in sidewall height which increases the chances for a cushier ride. This larger rolling diameter has only a 1.3% change over the stock 225/60/18 making it a good compromise to additional ride comfort over speedometer/odometer error.

- A taller 65-series/18 inch tire or 70-series/17 inch tire will be over the recommended safety and odometer/speedometer threshold of staying with 3% of the original rolling diameter. In fact you're looking at close to a 5% increase in tire diameter over stock 225/60/18 with these two taller options.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-01-16, 10:55 PM
SaikatSaha
Driver School Candidate

^^^ You either have the Ecopia or Dueler models. Would be nice to know specifically...

In any case, there are other tires that are better riding than either of the Bridgestones, but just because you're now testing a 225/65/17 it doesn't mean it will be significantly more comfortable. It depends on the Brand and Model (specifically the model). Please specify your existing 18" tire and the 17" you're testing.

If you do proceed with the 17" wheels/tires, get the most comfortably rated tire available in your market. Key requirements you must not oversee:

- Don't be concerned with the category of tire. That is, you don't need a "truck/crossover" tire in your case if you just care about on-road comfort without added light-duty off-road traction.

- With that said, if you go with a "car" tire such as the specific Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires stated in the prior posts, make sure load rating is minimum 100 so that it can safely support the NX's weight and passengers/cargo. Those Goodyear tires sized 235/65/17 meet this criteria.

- Get 235/65/17, not 225/65/17. The extra 10 mm width translates to a 6.5mm increase in sidewall height which increases the chances for a cushier ride. This larger rolling diameter has only a 1.3% change over the stock 225/60/18 making it a good compromise to additional ride comfort over speedometer/odometer error.

- A taller 65-series/18 inch tire or 70-series/17 inch tire will be over the recommended safety and odometer/speedometer threshold of staying with 3% of the original rolling diameter. In fact you're looking at close to a 5% increase in tire diameter over stock 225/60/18 with these two taller options.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Mr. corradoMR2 thanks again for your details reply.
I a now using now Dueler models tire 225/60/R18 wheel size 18" ..
Last Nyt i have tried 225/65/R17 .. But it did not help to improve the comfort...

Mr. corradoMR2 can you explain me one thing please that i am not getting comfort due to F-Sports model right ?

Due to F-Sports model NX Shock Absorber and Spring are stiff ..ryt?

does it mean that if i need to get comfort then i have to change shock absorber and spring also?

But can i use NORMAL NX PACKAGE'S shock Absorber and springs in F-Sports'S model ??
will it not hamper the suspension of the F-sports..

i think i did wrong ..i should not buy NX F-Sports model....The car is ok in Ciity but in country side road its not comfortable... ..

Is there anything else i can do to improve the comfort..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nx comfort issue