NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: With at least three months ownership, would you purchase the NX all over again?
Absolutely yes and the exact same vehicle!
32.22%
Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc.
32.22%
Probably yes.
12.22%
Probably not.
18.89%
No, I definitely made a mistake.
4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

Old 12-13-15, 03:41 PM
chandlervt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but next time I will get the package with heated seats, power folding mirrors, homelink in mirror. I wasn't looking to spend more than $35k when I bought mine. Any car that had premium package, also had nav etc and I didn't want that.
Old 12-13-15, 04:20 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

TALLY: At this time.

71% Would likely to definitely buy the NX again
29% Would unlikely to definitely not buy the NX again
Old 12-18-15, 02:01 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Nissan dealer already has a pre-owned one on the lot - I wonder what they traded it for. 7,400 miles for $39k - yikes!

https://www.cogginnissanatlantic.com...597c166a63.htm
Old 12-18-15, 02:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
My Nissan dealer already has a pre-owned one on the lot - I wonder what they traded it for. 7,400 miles for $39k - yikes!

I would have traded it in for the Murano (nice vehicle) considering the price range...
Old 12-19-15, 05:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That actually isn't bad for a base looking non f sport.
Old 12-19-15, 11:14 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

There's probably nothing wrong with that NX. We'll start seeing more of these as the one-year leases are beginning to expire. This Nissan dealership probably bought it from auction after it was turned in from a lease. This is common practice.
Old 12-20-15, 05:04 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

I paid about $1,000 more for my F sport new. I can't imagine paying $40K for used non F sport model.
Old 12-21-15, 07:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I took a 4Runner Limited out for a test drive this past week, and found that I really liked it.

Some thoughts:

Pros:
1. The hatch opening space is enormous. The useable space with the 3rd row down is incredible in comparison.
2. Naturally Aspirated - No more lag While I thought I would enjoy a turbo'd engine, the way that Toyota tuned this engine (more of turbo support rather than turbo power increase) hasn't impressed me. Also the towing capacity comparison has allowed me to increase capability from 2,000lbs to 5,000lbs when compared to the NX. I'll be able to pull the small boat my wife has been requesting for years lol
3. Interior is 60% of the quality of Lexus. The front seats were nice, no bolsters which allow a much more comfortable long term drive. I had little ot no problem with the bolsters, but I found that the removal of them was welcomed. The leather on the 4Runner, while certainly not on board with NuLuxe, is quite nice and decent quality. The quality of everything else around was good feel and touch, but certainly not as soft as the NX.
4. The GUI shares the same interface as the NX. So I was able to create the same screen layout that I see everyday. Only downside is the screen is about 1.5" smaller. However, I found that I liked touching the screen at a close distance over using the pad.
5. Being that it sits on a truck frame with leaf springs, the ride is more smooth. Now, the NX wasn't that bad, certainly not compared to the Camaro, but it was still stiff going down the country bunkin back roads I use getting to work. The 4Runner went over bumps without ever noticing they were there.
5. Space. The 4Runner has 46ft3 of space with the 3rd row down, compared to the 17ft3 of the NX. When the 2nd row is down, that increases to 88ft3, while the NX is a max of 54ft3. It is a substantial edition of space.

Cons:
1. If you want to compare smallest space to smallest space. The NX is 17ft3 with the rear seats up, and the 4Runner is 9ft3 with the 3rd row up. So, if all seats are being "used" the NX has more room. I don't plan to use the 3rd row very much at all unless I am being used as the family bus, so this comparison doesn't carry much value.
2. It has Halogen Projector headlights. Good god are those terrible in comparison to the LEDs. However, I've been doing research and Philips makes an LED retrofit for the projector, so it will present light very similar to the lights of my wife's IS350 (single main LED). So a full headlight swap will be needed (low/high beam, fog lights)
3. Since the Pro is also a Con, the obvious, the interior is not Lexus quality. Which is to be expected.
4. No power lift gate.
5. Gas Mileage is a slight decrease. Right now the NX sees 23mpg on the highway and 27mpg on the drive to work in the lower temperature. So the 17/22 of the 4Runner is a little lower. Personally, I don't care what kind of gas mileage I get.
6. Won't fit in my crappy garage at my house. Thus, it shall sit outside all year.

I know some of you will be annoyed to read this, and in that case, too bad. I just thought it was valuable to put what "current" NX owner thought when he went to another car. There is certainly nothing wrong with the NX, it is a great car and certainly stunning. The double take to look at it cleaned and waxed is something I'll miss. However, the space just isn't what I need and such, time may be here to take the punch in the gut and swap.

My wife and I are debating on color at the second, we are stuck between the Barcelona Red and the Blizzard Pearl (input is appreciated ). We will most likely be going into the dealer next week to put in our Order and then wait the Toyota cycle out.

Last edited by Swacer; 12-21-15 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-21-15, 10:09 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Swacer, it seems like your main concern is space and towing. You purchased the wrong vehicle per your pro points 1, 2, and 5. I went the opposite of you and traded a fully loaded GX for an NX. 4Runner's and GX's are on the truck frame as you pointed out. They feel like it too when you drive them...especially on the freeway. I should have realized that before I purchased the GX. I only test drove the GX around town in traffic and never got it up to freeway speed. The NX drives much smoother at high speed, sportier, and nimbler. It's much easier to park also. The NX is just much more exciting to drive for me. The GX was great at bumps...and I totally agree with you on the Touchscreen! And...I would not got back to a Toyota dealership experience vs. Lexus for any amount of money. Just my 2 cents. 4Runner is a great vehicle!!! Just much more on the Utility end of the spectrum.
Old 12-21-15, 10:35 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Funny you mention that, I was discussing with my wife that the 4Runner was pretty closely related to the GX, however, you're looking at 10-12k more to get the same car going from Toyota to Lexus.

I agree that the dealership experience will be different, but to be entirely honest, I rate my cars based on how LITTLE I see my dealership. So if you have a terrible dealership, but the car makes it that I never have to see them, its an overall good experience lmao And also, we still have an IS350, if its something simple, I can still take the 4Runner to Lexus to have something taken care of. The price may be a little higher if something isn't covered by warranty, but I do believe a Lexus dealer can cover warranty issues on Toyotas as well. (More research may be required to substantiate that claim)

I drove on the main roads around my area upwards to 50-60 mph and while it wasn't as touchy as the NX, it was leaps and bounds more attentive than my father's F250 diesel.

As for parking, I did notice it was more difficult, but to be honest, parking the Camaro is not much different. You look off the hood, have terrible viewing angles, and overall just have to try to "know how the car is shaped to make it fit" Its the best you can do.

Last edited by Swacer; 12-21-15 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-21-15, 11:03 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

If I were you Swacer, since you are ok moving from Lexus to Toyota, I would also look at the Highlander. I would think about whether you need the truck frame for off road/bad weather or not. An AWD Highlander would also be good for bad weather. It looks like it will tow 5000 lbs also...and has pretty good cargo capacity. I realize it's not as exciting of vehicle though. Just worth a look. Good luck in your search!
Old 12-21-15, 11:23 AM
LBCDan
Driver

I don't think the folding mirrors are available in the U.S. otherwise I would have gotten them. Neither is the head up display.
Old 12-21-15, 07:56 PM
tsturbo
Driver School Candidate

How about the mdx or v8 tundra?
Old 12-22-15, 04:05 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frog98
If I were you Swacer, since you are ok moving from Lexus to Toyota, I would also look at the Highlander. I would think about whether you need the truck frame for off road/bad weather or not. An AWD Highlander would also be good for bad weather. It looks like it will tow 5000 lbs also...and has pretty good cargo capacity. I realize it's not as exciting of vehicle though. Just worth a look. Good luck in your search!
A generation or so ago, I would have looked at the Highlander. My problem with those is that it just looks too "van" like for me. The highlander does have additional storage, and a friend of mine has one, but I just can't get myself to like the appearance of it. Thank you though!

Originally Posted by tsturbo
How about the mdx or v8 tundra?
Many moons ago I actually cross shopped the MDX and NX, and chose the NX. My wife has reminded me of that many times lol Much like the highlander though, the MDX is very van shaped, and if I was able to choose against it once, I should probably look elsewhere.

In regards to the V8 tundra, I actually thought about looking at it. The problem is, with the interior space taken up in the NX, the interior won't be much bigger with a truck, I will only gain the bed. Thus, unless I can throw a dog into the bed of the truck, I am not really gaining a ton of space. I need a useable back or 3rd row that is covered and protected by the car. Believe me, I thought long and hard on the truck but ultimately talked myself out of it.
Old 12-22-15, 02:03 PM
9live
Driver School Candidate

I won't buy Lexus again. I dont like my nx200t f-sport which I owned for 7 months now. The driver's side door is making clicking noise starting around 20mph. Took to the dealer to fix it. After the fix, noise still there. After a month. took it back the second time, noise was then fixed. However after another month, noise come back. It is a different kind of noise, not as serious as the previous noise problem.This is my 1st lexus, I just do not expect a brand new expensive luxury car costed 45K will have such a problem. May be my expectation was too high.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?