NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again? - Page 4 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


NX Models (2015-present)

View Poll Results: With at least three months ownership, would you purchase the NX all over again?
Absolutely yes and the exact same vehicle! 26 32.50%
Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc. 26 32.50%
Probably yes. 8 10.00%
Probably not. 17 21.25%
No, I definitely made a mistake. 3 3.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-15, 02:16 PM   #46
miop4000
Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nsw
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9live View Post
I won't buy Lexus again. I dont like my nx200t f-sport which I owned for 7 months now. The driver's side door is making clicking noise starting around 20mph. Took to the dealer to fix it. After the fix, noise still there. After a month. took it back the second time, noise was then fixed. However after another month, noise come back. It is a different kind of noise, not as serious as the previous noise problem.This is my 1st lexus, I just do not expect a brand new expensive luxury car costed 45K will have such a problem. May be my expectation was too high.
Yes, your expectation was too high if that was your only problem. My 6 week old BMW ended up in the shop for a week due to a faulty throttle box. Only provided a replacement car when I returned it for the third time.
Try another brand and enjoy.
miop4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 02:26 PM   #47
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,480
Thanked 75 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9live View Post
I won't buy Lexus again. I dont like my nx200t f-sport which I owned for 7 months now. The driver's side door is making clicking noise starting around 20mph. Took to the dealer to fix it. After the fix, noise still there. After a month. took it back the second time, noise was then fixed. However after another month, noise come back. It is a different kind of noise, not as serious as the previous noise problem.This is my 1st lexus, I just do not expect a brand new expensive luxury car costed 45K will have such a problem. May be my expectation was too high.
What did they say was the issue? Was it the door striker and/or latch needing adjustment?
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 03:48 PM   #48
9live
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
What did they say was the issue? Was it the door striker and/or latch needing adjustment?
The report said " Found an insufficient amount of insulation around the mounting point of the door lock assembly."
9live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 07:15 PM   #49
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,480
Thanked 75 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9live View Post
The report said " Found an insufficient amount of insulation around the mounting point of the door lock assembly."
No surprise. It's a fairly common issue with some Lexus vehicles like the IS and RX. In some cases, the door latch and striker don't lock in tightly so the door moves ever so slightly at speed over imperfect roads causing the tapping/rattle.

To miop4000's point, this is the extent of Lexus issues vs more serious ones with other brands. Thanks for your response.
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 06:34 AM   #50
geiger11
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default would not buy again...

I have the nx fsport awd and not satisfied at all, the average mpg is 21 , 20 with ac running, the fuel range is horrible for a 4banger. The rattles and squeaks in this car are annoying for a lexus , and thats why i moved from a jeep cherokee to a lexus because for once I wanted a silent car on the inside with no interior noise but I was wrong. I constantly have to self diagnose interior rattles and seat squeaks... the touch pad is non intuative and you cant even wipe the windows in accessory mode. The remote hatch takes forever to operate....why no touch screen in 2017...even honda crv has a touchscreen. Maybe im just hating now but as the weeks go on ,id say the honeymoon is over.................
geiger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 07:59 PM   #51
jayinco
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Probably would not buy again.
Pros (Compared to my traded-in 09 TSX):
More back seat room (6'1" 15 year old needed it)
Quieter and smoother on these crappy CO roads
Better acceleration (once beyond the "lag zone")

Cons:
Turbo lag (not a good thing with some of these huge non-light controlled intersections)
Seating (Having a real hard time finding a comfortable position (in all fairness, I had the same issue with the TSX)
Fuel Economy and range (We get better HWY mileage with our '15 MDX)

Wife was hell-bent on getting a second SUV. We drove just about everything I would be willing to drive (Highlander, 4Runner, RDX, Murano, QX50, QX60). Hopefully, I can get back into a car when the kid goes off to college.
jayinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 08:56 PM   #52
MKenM
Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We have owned Lexus vehicles for over 20 years and have been very happy with all of them till now. We have a RC F Sport which I think is great except for that lousy touch pad but onto my '16 NX200t F Sport. As mentioned in previous posts the lag is a great concern along with not so great MPG's. I gave up a '17 Jaguar F Pace (which was plagued with problems from the day I bought it) to come to this vehicle and it is nothing short of a disappointment but that is probably because I am spoiled from my previous vehicle (prior to the F Pace) which was a Mercedes GLK.

The NX is in the shop for the first time with a list 1/2 a page long from issues with voice command to rattles. Hope they fix it all but the NX is underwhelming for a CUV..
MKenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 05:11 AM   #53
sublexus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I probably would not. Overall, it's a great vehicle and I really want to love it. However, the turbo lag cramps my driving style, I drive a lot in heavy traffic and when I need to quickly accelerate to move into an opening in another lane, I can't count on it. That being said, it has probably made me a safer driver as a result.
sublexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 01:02 PM   #54
iridium130
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would most likely buy again. If I needed to do it all over again, I would actually take a look at the F-Sport version. I didn't look at it since I already have a sporty car ('03 C32) and I wasn't a fan of the grill, but I probably should have considered it for the tighter suspension.

I'm either lucky (knock on wood) or my car is too new, but no major problems have manifested themselves yet. No squeaks and rattles (yet,)

My major complaint would be the power; I have to actively switch between sports driving mode and regular driving mode if I know I need quicker response from the engine, such as when merging into traffic. But I made the choice to get a 4banger, so I deal with it.
iridium130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 01:43 PM   #55
no1SomeGuy
Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 101
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublexus View Post
I probably would not. Overall, it's a great vehicle and I really want to love it. However, the turbo lag cramps my driving style, I drive a lot in heavy traffic and when I need to quickly accelerate to move into an opening in another lane, I can't count on it. That being said, it has probably made me a safer driver as a result.
Do you have an F-Sport? Put it in manual mode, drop to a lower gear in anticipation of making a move. Turbo Lag + Not Downshifting Enough + Gear Change = Slow...but being in the right gear already and putting your foot down, it spools up and gets going pretty decently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium130 View Post
I would most likely buy again. If I needed to do it all over again, I would actually take a look at the F-Sport version. I didn't look at it since I already have a sporty car ('03 C32) and I wasn't a fan of the grill, but I probably should have considered it for the tighter suspension.

I'm either lucky (knock on wood) or my car is too new, but no major problems have manifested themselves yet. No squeaks and rattles (yet,)

My major complaint would be the power; I have to actively switch between sports driving mode and regular driving mode if I know I need quicker response from the engine, such as when merging into traffic. But I made the choice to get a 4banger, so I deal with it.
I always drive in sport...screw the mpg (the difference is really minimal).
no1SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #56
GoHuskers
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,217
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I don't know if I would buy the NX again BUT....

This is the 3rd time my '17 FSport is in the shop (total of 12 days so far).
1st - 10k miles service + replace the Navi display & radio - kept 5 days but no parts so I picked it up
2nd - Navi display was replaced, not radio
3rd - new display didn't really work - same problem, radio same problem. Fuel gauge/range/mpg went bad. Dealer has kept the car for 5 days already. No parts for fuel tank and NO IDEA what is wrong with Navi display/Backup camera.

This is my 5th Lexus and I love driving it. Great MPG (ave 25.2), turbo lag doesn't bother me since it has Sport mode and paddle shifter if needed. General and Sales manager treat me really nice so I give them chance(s) to make it right.
GoHuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #57
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,866
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

From their Owner Surveys, Consumer Reports rates the NX gas and hybrid Customer Satisfaction at Better Than Average. One notch below the highest rating. Other CUV's in the segment as they see it with the same rating are X3 and Q5. The Porsche Macan has the highest rating.
LexBob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My RX vs NX Ownership Detailed Comparison corradoMR2 NX Models (2015-present) 79 04-11-16 06:21 AM
Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...? corradoMR2 NX Models (2015-present) 90 03-27-16 10:09 AM
1 Year Ownership Impressions - 2015 NX 200t F Sport Series 2 corradoMR2 NX Models (2015-present) 5 12-30-15 10:35 AM
Value of NX Spare parts? RivMan NX Models (2015-present) 12 10-20-15 12:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: