NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: With at least three months ownership, would you purchase the NX all over again?
Absolutely yes and the exact same vehicle!
32.22%
Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc.
32.22%
Probably yes.
12.22%
Probably not.
18.89%
No, I definitely made a mistake.
4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

Old 12-22-15, 02:16 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 9live
I won't buy Lexus again. I dont like my nx200t f-sport which I owned for 7 months now. The driver's side door is making clicking noise starting around 20mph. Took to the dealer to fix it. After the fix, noise still there. After a month. took it back the second time, noise was then fixed. However after another month, noise come back. It is a different kind of noise, not as serious as the previous noise problem.This is my 1st lexus, I just do not expect a brand new expensive luxury car costed 45K will have such a problem. May be my expectation was too high.
Yes, your expectation was too high if that was your only problem. My 6 week old BMW ended up in the shop for a week due to a faulty throttle box. Only provided a replacement car when I returned it for the third time.
Try another brand and enjoy.
Old 12-22-15, 02:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I won't buy Lexus again. I dont like my nx200t f-sport which I owned for 7 months now. The driver's side door is making clicking noise starting around 20mph. Took to the dealer to fix it. After the fix, noise still there. After a month. took it back the second time, noise was then fixed. However after another month, noise come back. It is a different kind of noise, not as serious as the previous noise problem.This is my 1st lexus, I just do not expect a brand new expensive luxury car costed 45K will have such a problem. May be my expectation was too high.
What did they say was the issue? Was it the door striker and/or latch needing adjustment?
Old 12-22-15, 03:48 PM
9live
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
What did they say was the issue? Was it the door striker and/or latch needing adjustment?
The report said " Found an insufficient amount of insulation around the mounting point of the door lock assembly."
Old 12-22-15, 07:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

The report said " Found an insufficient amount of insulation around the mounting point of the door lock assembly."
No surprise. It's a fairly common issue with some Lexus vehicles like the IS and RX. In some cases, the door latch and striker don't lock in tightly so the door moves ever so slightly at speed over imperfect roads causing the tapping/rattle.

To miop4000's point, this is the extent of Lexus issues vs more serious ones with other brands. Thanks for your response.
Old 08-13-17, 06:34 AM
geiger11
Driver School Candidate

Default would not buy again...

I have the nx fsport awd and not satisfied at all, the average mpg is 21 , 20 with ac running, the fuel range is horrible for a 4banger. The rattles and squeaks in this car are annoying for a lexus , and thats why i moved from a jeep cherokee to a lexus because for once I wanted a silent car on the inside with no interior noise but I was wrong. I constantly have to self diagnose interior rattles and seat squeaks... the touch pad is non intuative and you cant even wipe the windows in accessory mode. The remote hatch takes forever to operate....why no touch screen in 2017...even honda crv has a touchscreen. Maybe im just hating now but as the weeks go on ,id say the honeymoon is over.................
Old 08-13-17, 07:59 PM
jayinco
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably would not buy again.
Pros (Compared to my traded-in 09 TSX):
More back seat room (6'1" 15 year old needed it)
Quieter and smoother on these crappy CO roads
Better acceleration (once beyond the "lag zone")

Cons:
Turbo lag (not a good thing with some of these huge non-light controlled intersections)
Seating (Having a real hard time finding a comfortable position (in all fairness, I had the same issue with the TSX)
Fuel Economy and range (We get better HWY mileage with our '15 MDX)

Wife was hell-bent on getting a second SUV. We drove just about everything I would be willing to drive (Highlander, 4Runner, RDX, Murano, QX50, QX60). Hopefully, I can get back into a car when the kid goes off to college.
Old 08-16-17, 08:56 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

We have owned Lexus vehicles for over 20 years and have been very happy with all of them till now. We have a RC F Sport which I think is great except for that lousy touch pad but onto my '16 NX200t F Sport. As mentioned in previous posts the lag is a great concern along with not so great MPG's. I gave up a '17 Jaguar F Pace (which was plagued with problems from the day I bought it) to come to this vehicle and it is nothing short of a disappointment but that is probably because I am spoiled from my previous vehicle (prior to the F Pace) which was a Mercedes GLK.

The NX is in the shop for the first time with a list 1/2 a page long from issues with voice command to rattles. Hope they fix it all but the NX is underwhelming for a CUV..
Old 08-17-17, 05:11 AM
sublexus
Rookie

I probably would not. Overall, it's a great vehicle and I really want to love it. However, the turbo lag cramps my driving style, I drive a lot in heavy traffic and when I need to quickly accelerate to move into an opening in another lane, I can't count on it. That being said, it has probably made me a safer driver as a result.
Old 08-17-17, 01:02 PM
iridium130
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would most likely buy again. If I needed to do it all over again, I would actually take a look at the F-Sport version. I didn't look at it since I already have a sporty car ('03 C32) and I wasn't a fan of the grill, but I probably should have considered it for the tighter suspension.

I'm either lucky (knock on wood) or my car is too new, but no major problems have manifested themselves yet. No squeaks and rattles (yet,)

My major complaint would be the power; I have to actively switch between sports driving mode and regular driving mode if I know I need quicker response from the engine, such as when merging into traffic. But I made the choice to get a 4banger, so I deal with it.
Old 08-17-17, 01:43 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by sublexus
I probably would not. Overall, it's a great vehicle and I really want to love it. However, the turbo lag cramps my driving style, I drive a lot in heavy traffic and when I need to quickly accelerate to move into an opening in another lane, I can't count on it. That being said, it has probably made me a safer driver as a result.
Do you have an F-Sport? Put it in manual mode, drop to a lower gear in anticipation of making a move. Turbo Lag + Not Downshifting Enough + Gear Change = Slow...but being in the right gear already and putting your foot down, it spools up and gets going pretty decently.

Originally Posted by iridium130
I would most likely buy again. If I needed to do it all over again, I would actually take a look at the F-Sport version. I didn't look at it since I already have a sporty car ('03 C32) and I wasn't a fan of the grill, but I probably should have considered it for the tighter suspension.

I'm either lucky (knock on wood) or my car is too new, but no major problems have manifested themselves yet. No squeaks and rattles (yet,)

My major complaint would be the power; I have to actively switch between sports driving mode and regular driving mode if I know I need quicker response from the engine, such as when merging into traffic. But I made the choice to get a 4banger, so I deal with it.
I always drive in sport...screw the mpg (the difference is really minimal).
Old 08-18-17, 07:16 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I don't know if I would buy the NX again BUT....

This is the 3rd time my '17 FSport is in the shop (total of 12 days so far).
1st - 10k miles service + replace the Navi display & radio - kept 5 days but no parts so I picked it up
2nd - Navi display was replaced, not radio
3rd - new display didn't really work - same problem, radio same problem. Fuel gauge/range/mpg went bad. Dealer has kept the car for 5 days already. No parts for fuel tank and NO IDEA what is wrong with Navi display/Backup camera.

This is my 5th Lexus and I love driving it. Great MPG (ave 25.2), turbo lag doesn't bother me since it has Sport mode and paddle shifter if needed. General and Sales manager treat me really nice so I give them chance(s) to make it right.
Old 08-18-17, 09:23 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

From their Owner Surveys, Consumer Reports rates the NX gas and hybrid Customer Satisfaction at Better Than Average. One notch below the highest rating. Other CUV's in the segment as they see it with the same rating are X3 and Q5. The Porsche Macan has the highest rating.
Old 09-01-17, 07:08 AM
Toneroni
Driver School Candidate

I'd probably get it again. Running great after 18 months or so!

I hear a bit more road noise than I would expect and the ride is harsher than expected on my Fsport (for a Lexus).
Also, its a bit weak in non sport mode and the MPG is surprisingly crappy - almost all city miles in NYC for me.

It seems like the 2018 refresh covers most of these and more so I'll be a bit jealous of the new owners this fall.
Old 09-01-17, 09:01 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely 100% in fact I'm on my second Nx first was a 15 basic nebula gray had it for 18months but always wanted the F-Sport silver with rioja interior so got me a 17, now waiting for the 18 to come out to replace the wife's car.