NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: With at least three months ownership, would you purchase the NX all over again?
Absolutely yes and the exact same vehicle!
32.22%
Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc.
32.22%
Probably yes.
12.22%
Probably not.
18.89%
No, I definitely made a mistake.
4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 01:12 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Not happy with the 4 banger turbo. Gas mileage not good enough for this size. The touch pad drives me mad. There's a lot to like but I will move on. Will look for a 6 cyl when lease is up or maybe a hybrid. The new 4RX is looking awful good.
Old 12-03-15, 01:59 PM
qiphlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

an NX 350 AWD would be pretty effin' sweet, but probably way too expensive. aside from the turbo lag, which is noticeable but only mildly annoying to me, it's pretty much my perfect car right now.
Old 12-03-15, 06:22 PM
terrybill
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bride's daily driver after ten months with over 10,000 miles and she's embarrassed by how much she loves her AWD 300h. I'd like the heads up display (seems silly until you've lived with it) even though the NX version looks tacked on and a 360 degree camera but she doesn't care and I've got one of the two in my ATS.
Old 12-04-15, 03:39 PM
MartinJX
Driver School Candidate

Right now, I'd buy the 300h again. Still impressed after 5 months with no issues other than one fixed rattle, and over 40 mpg. Would think hard though about the F sport with AVS instead of the (UK) Luxury grade, mainly for aesthetic reasons. When the time comes to think about changing it, however, hope there's a plug-in version on offer.
Old 12-05-15, 09:21 AM
lulugirl89
Driver School Candidate

I am in the 'definitely made a mistake' camp and after 4 months of having it I took the hit and switched to the GX. My main reasons were:

Size- It felt cramped to me, and there was a lack of space for items while driving. It also felt very low for a crossover.
Drivers seat- I felt I adjusted this almost daily and just could not get comfortable.
Nav Pad- using the pad was unbearable in spite of adjustments
Nav/Media unit- even after getting it swapped out because the dealer said there was a corruption in the first unit, I still experienced freezing and other quirks
Color Combo- I went with the Nebula gray exterior with white ochre and black trim interior. That was the only color combo that had all the features I wanted but as time went by I felt there was a mismatch.
Wireless Charger- got so hot it nearly burned my phone.
Enform Remote Starter- took too long to connect and frequently would fail to start the car from the phone app.

I am glad that I got and tried the NX. As with any other new product, there are definitely kinks to work out and I am sure they will be. It wasn't the right car for me, but I still keep an eye in here to enjoy the experiences of those of you who it does work well for.
Old 12-07-15, 07:02 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I saw in the current Consumer Reports, from their Owner Surveys, 75% of NX owners said they would "Definitely Buy Again". A solid number for a new model.

The listings as shown are: Macan 93%, Q3 and Q5 both 79%, NX and MKC both 75% and X3 73%.
Old 12-07-15, 07:24 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would absolutely get this car again, and voted accordingly. However, if a trim model was available with more features (i.e. - HUD or ventilated seats), I would definitely buy that. As it is, currently, here in the States, I have every option they have that I wanted.
Old 12-07-15, 07:36 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm honestly shocked by the number of people that would not buy the car again. Given that its a Lexus, I would have thought I was on a lonely island in regards to my regret. This may not even be fully representative as people that would have voted REGRET, may have already traded the cars in.
Old 12-09-15, 09:23 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr645
I prefer a more engaging car. I find the NX a bit underpowered and I don't like a lot of the safety interlocks. Too many beeps, can't turn off the camera which I find distracting at night. Wont stay in Sport mode etc.
You phrased it very well, so this is also why it's a probably yes for me too.

I do love it, just minor annoyances here and there.
Old 12-10-15, 02:28 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm honestly shocked by the number of people that would not buy the car again. Given that its a Lexus, I would have thought I was on a lonely island in regards to my regret.
Would a V6 have made it better?
Old 12-10-15, 04:18 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Would a V6 have made it better?
Would a V6 option have mad it better? Sure, it would have kept me entertained, but to be entirely honest, I didn't buy this car for power. The extra "umph" would have been nice, but to me it isn't necessary in this car. To me, the problem is more my "constant" need to have a problem fixed, and the fact the car is smaller than I had anticipated (since they don't let you bring mock luggage and your dogs for a test fitting at the dealership lol).
Old 12-10-15, 05:02 AM
D4V1D
Driver

To me, the problem is more my "constant" need to have a problem fixed
I think its luck of the draw. We've not had a single problem. Nit-pick things, maybe, but no real issue.
Old 12-10-15, 11:30 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

(since they don't let you bring mock luggage and your dogs for a test fitting at the dealership lol).
I don't know why you couldn't bring luggage with you, I can understand the dog thing though. When we remodeled our kitchen we brought an entire shopping bags worth of dishes and bowls to the store with us to test out in potential dishwashers. I wouldn't see the harm in doing that with luggage, obviously empty and with a sales person there though.
Old 12-10-15, 03:10 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

When shopping for my Miata, I carried a baby car seat to the dealership to test fit it in the trunk. It fit but was snug.
Old 12-11-15, 11:31 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by philwojo
I don't know why you couldn't bring luggage with you, I can understand the dog thing though. When we remodeled our kitchen we brought an entire shopping bags worth of dishes and bowls to the store with us to test out in potential dishwashers. I wouldn't see the harm in doing that with luggage, obviously empty and with a sales person there though.
Personally, I never knew it was an option and figured in a professional environment, it was a no no.

I have been talking to a local Toyota dealer, and may go look at a 4Runner Limited next week. 4x the space. Maybe I'll even take luggage Only disappointing thing about the 4Runner is its towing capacity is 5000lbs. Which is JUST a little low to be able to tow the Camaro on an open trailer.

Quick Reply: NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?