NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Do you feel any engine vibrations at low RPM with your NX 200t?
Yes. Often
20.93%
Yes. Sometimes
31.78%
No. Not at all
47.29%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 04:00 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
Tom59, if i pull the negative, other than radio presets, what else will i lose? for example, I had the dealership custom some of the settings that only they can do, not the owner (ie-press and hold open button on remote to have all windows lower and sunroof open).
Your clock.

Once the settings are in they are permanent except for the clock and radio. Not like people haven't switched out batteries when they die or go dead. You can jumpstart it.

The dealer should have made those permanent. I have had a dead battery in my CT .....never lost settings. That does have the hybrid system though.
Old 02-08-16, 05:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

UPDATE: No vibrations still for the last several days. No change in fuel type or brand. Temps have been above freezing and humidity in the 30-40% range.
Old 02-08-16, 12:06 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
Your clock.

Once the settings are in they are permanent except for the clock and radio. Not like people haven't switched out batteries when they die or go dead. You can jumpstart it.

The dealer should have made those permanent. I have had a dead battery in my CT .....never lost settings. That does have the hybrid system though.
If your battery is "dead" and won't start your vehicle, that doesn't mean it won't maintain your settings. A battery may appear "dead" because there isn't enough power to start the car, but there still is enough power to keep other features intact. There may even be some sort of backup battery just for settings (like a coin-sized battery somewhere).
Old 02-10-16, 06:17 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit of an update. Yesterday, I disconnected the battery for a good hour. When I reconnected it, everything including the radio held its settings. There must be a small battery somewhere keeping these things as set. On to the vibration, it had no effect and is still doing it. I am still wondering if it is temperature related as it is cold here in CT. I think though that its an issue specific to a very specific RPM of the engine causing the vibration. Maybe its just inherent in the design and there is no way to smooth it out? Even if Lexus adjusts the idle at some point the engine will be at that specific RPM and still have the issue? Just thinking out loud here.
Old 02-15-16, 04:04 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
A bit of an update. Yesterday, I disconnected the battery for a good hour. When I reconnected it, everything including the radio held its settings. There must be a small battery somewhere keeping these things as set. On to the vibration, it had no effect and is still doing it. I am still wondering if it is temperature related as it is cold here in CT. I think though that its an issue specific to a very specific RPM of the engine causing the vibration. Maybe its just inherent in the design and there is no way to smooth it out? Even if Lexus adjusts the idle at some point the engine will be at that specific RPM and still have the issue? Just thinking out loud here.
No, the settings are on a hard drive if this was a hybrid it might be different. There is no small battery backup.
Same thing if you unplug your computer. That was what I was wondering on the newer computers in cars. Older cars you could reset the computer and vehicle would go back to learning mode and smooth out the more you drove it. Obviously the newer vehicles are not learning. The only way to fix it is through the dealer.

My NX was out yesterday -10 degrees , no vibration. I also live in Ct.
Old 02-15-16, 04:10 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NXOwner
If your battery is "dead" and won't start your vehicle, that doesn't mean it won't maintain your settings. A battery may appear "dead" because there isn't enough power to start the car, but there still is enough power to keep other features intact. There may even be some sort of backup battery just for settings (like a coin-sized battery somewhere).
I was referring to changing out an old DEAD battery not one still partly charged. You would just jump start it. -

We found out the settings are permanent and on the engine management computer hard drive and they are not learning. That means one thing -something isn't right- with some of these NX's. I also am quite sure its not the cold it might exacerbate it, but its not the cause.

Mine simply doesn't vibrate.
Old 02-15-16, 05:49 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Tom59, appreciate your insight. What I can say definitely is that the vibration will NOT occur at any idle (or rolling) RPM above or below 760-770 rpm.

In fact, my car has not vibrated all week outside this range despite different exterior temps near to well-below freezing.

My question to you and those that don't experience the vibration is: Can you confirm you are NOT idling at around 760-770 rpm?

Old 02-15-16, 07:21 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

No, the settings are on a hard drive if this was a hybrid it might be different. There is no small battery backup.
Same thing if you unplug your computer. That was what I was wondering on the newer computers in cars. Older cars you could reset the computer and vehicle would go back to learning mode and smooth out the more you drove it. Obviously the newer vehicles are not learning. The only way to fix it is through the dealer.

My NX was out yesterday -10 degrees , no vibration. I also live in Ct.
Where in CT? I'd be interested in meeting and seeing how your car feels compared to mine if you'd be ok with that. I am in Cheshire.
Old 02-22-16, 03:28 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

We are in eastern Ct. maybe at some point we could now is bad timing. I am leaving on a long trip so maybe when I get back.
I'll check the idle. Another thing that could do this is a clogged injector. Seems very odd ....

I'd be interested in seeing it in person. I feel for you.
Old 02-22-16, 02:08 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Mine idles around 780......ZERO vibration.
Old 02-22-16, 08:15 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Same for me Tom. I have never felt any unusual vibration. I have felt (while in sport mode and accelerating quickly and then letting off accelerator at slow speeds) a little jerkiness at times, but I attributed that to the turbo kicking in and out maybe?
Old 02-23-16, 05:17 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
Same for me Tom. I have never felt any unusual vibration. I have felt (while in sport mode and accelerating quickly and then letting off accelerator at slow speeds) a little jerkiness at times, but I attributed that to the turbo kicking in and out maybe?
...or the tranny and its six speeds being caught off guard.
Old 02-23-16, 05:18 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Any build date correlations?
Old 02-23-16, 03:49 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine manufactured 10/2015.
Old 02-26-16, 02:53 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Mine idles around 780......ZERO vibration.

what is the idle when OFF of the brake and in drive?

Quick Reply: NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll