NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Do you feel any engine vibrations at low RPM with your NX 200t?
Yes. Often
20.93%
Yes. Sometimes
31.78%
No. Not at all
47.29%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 01:07 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-nx-200...ine-in-detail/ In a little more detail.
Old 11-24-15, 03:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The votes at this time is 24 providing for a better representation as to how common the vibration is.

63% do not notice any vibration
37% do

Keep the votes coming in folks.
Old 11-26-15, 06:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

So I went in for servicing and they found nothing out of the ordinary as well as no TSBs for this at this time. They did however report this to the tech department at Lexus Corp at least to create visibility.

However, when I got the NX back tonight and drove it back home, it felt smoother. Placebo effect or other factors? I wonder if the fresh oil change (and increased quantity) might have improved matters...

Oil amount and color BEFORE servicing. Notice the darker color and lower volume

Oil amount and color AFTER servicing.
Old 12-03-15, 10:19 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is at the dealer now. the service advisor felt it. downloaded all info and contacting lexus corporate. interestingly, there is a pending code. will keep you all posted on everything once i hear more
Old 12-07-15, 04:04 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
So I went in for servicing and they found nothing out of the ordinary as well as no TSBs for this at this time. They did however report this to the tech department at Lexus Corp at least to create visibility.

However, when I got the NX back tonight and drove it back home, it felt smoother. Placebo effect or other factors? I wonder if the fresh oil change (and increased quantity) might have improved matters...

Oil amount and color BEFORE servicing. Notice the darker color and lower volume

Oil amount and color AFTER servicing.
Unless they did something else , imagination. Oil changes don't improve performance unless you had dino oil and switched to synthetics.
Old 12-07-15, 01:39 PM
ever01
Driver School Candidate

Default Mine Vibrates per attached

My vehicle vibrates from the date it was purchased. I went to arbitration, and Lexus informed the Arbitration team that, "the vehicle is operating as designed," and this is "a characteristic of this model."

Go Figure. I am about to take out a Billboard to shame Lexus.

Thanks
Everton
Attached Thumbnails NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll-ase-nx-report.jpg  
Old 12-10-15, 05:08 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

see attached. While I had this code pending, I received my car back today, and this didnt change a thing. I still have the exact same problem. I have a call into the dealership and am waiting for my service adviser to call me back
Attached Thumbnails NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll-lexus.jpg  
Old 12-10-15, 01:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
see attached. While I had this code pending, I received my car back today, and this didnt change a thing. I still have the exact same problem. I have a call into the dealership and am waiting for my service adviser to call me back
Thanks for posting your followup results. Unfortunately you had the same results as I.

I suspect only if and when more get reported will there be more definitive action. But the fact that most owners do not experience this based on the results of this poll further strengthens the notion that ours does have an issue. We'll see how this goes...
Old 12-10-15, 10:52 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know exactly what rumble you're talking about! I've owned several 4cyl Camry's in my day, and one 4 banger Altima. It seems to me to be totally indicative and very normal of most fours. The NX is surely the most refined 4 I've owned though... It doesn't seem to be as noticeable as others, but it's definitely there... I've had everything under the sun from my ES330, RX450h, to numerous V6&8 Infinit's & Mercedes', and my Audi A8. Nothing has even come close to duplicating this until I purchased my NX. I've had mine for about a month now. Got it with 153, and it would "rumble/hum" at idle. I was rear ended at 600, and after it being in the shop for the week of thanksgiving, it hasn't done it to me since. I seldom run the climate on Auto, and being in Chicago in November/December, have only used the A/C to defog the windows briefly. So it might be the strangest coincidence, or the fact that I'm out of the first 1000 break-in period, at 1100. Unless it starts to become very pronounced, I wouldn't worry. If you're still uneasy, take it back to the dealer and have them confirm it's running to specs Make good use of that warranty while you have it...
Old 12-11-15, 01:50 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by MikeW83
I know exactly what rumble you're talking about! I've owned several 4cyl Camry's in my day, and one 4 banger Altima. It seems to me to be totally indicative and very normal of most fours. The NX is surely the most refined 4 I've owned though... It doesn't seem to be as noticeable as others, but it's definitely there... I've had everything under the sun from my ES330, RX450h, to numerous V6&8 Infinit's & Mercedes', and my Audi A8. Nothing has even come close to duplicating this until I purchased my NX. I've had mine for about a month now. Got it with 153, and it would "rumble/hum" at idle. I was rear ended at 600, and after it being in the shop for the week of thanksgiving, it hasn't done it to me since. I seldom run the climate on Auto, and being in Chicago in November/December, have only used the A/C to defog the windows briefly. So it might be the strangest coincidence, or the fact that I'm out of the first 1000 break-in period, at 1100. Unless it starts to become very pronounced, I wouldn't worry. If you're still uneasy, take it back to the dealer and have them confirm it's running to specs Make good use of that warranty while you have it...

LOL, the first accident/repair possibly ever recorded that has actually improved the operation of the car!

You've made me think about something I totally oversaw. Namely, the exhaust system and how the flow of exhast gases and back pressure may be a contributing factor.

Having upgraded my rear exhaust system on a few cars I've owned, this has changed (to various degrees), drivetrain smoothness. Maybe now i have a reason to upgrade the exhaust on the NX now!

Curious to also hear from Swacer who has strong knowledge and experience in vehicle mods.
Old 12-11-15, 03:30 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
LOL, the first accident/repair possibly ever recorded that has actually improved the operation of the car!

You've made me think about something I totally oversaw. Namely, the exhaust system and how the flow of exhast gases and back pressure may be a contributing factor.

Having upgraded my rear exhaust system on a few cars I've owned, this has changed (to various degrees), drivetrain smoothness. Maybe now i have a reason to upgrade the exhaust on the NX now!

Curious to also hear from Swacer who has strong knowledge and experience in vehicle mods.
Ha! Right Corrado?! Come to think of it, She ended up going slightly underneath my NX. She hit it hard enough to crack all of that rear plastic, pop open the hatch slightly, scratch up the rear metal part where the parking sensors are, and I swore up and down the Lex sounded a LOT louder when I drove it home and to the shop the next day. The techs said that a lot of the plastic bits ended up coming to rest and dangling down on the exhaust. So thankfully she didn't crack any of that, but I was getting a lot of vibration and noise from it vibrating on the muffler or exhaust pipe. Something along those lines....

So there might actually be some good merit in your theory! Maybe much like the subwoofer in the rear gate issue, poorly fastened exhaust or plastic components along with back-pressure, etc. might be an ever-so-slight culprit.

Old 12-11-15, 11:12 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Not to disagree, but, if it was simply due to it being a 4 cyl. the vibration wouldnt go away with a foot on the brake and come back as soon as you let off the brake. In my humble opinion. And, you wouldnt see a slight increase in RPMs when you take your foot off the brake.
Old 12-12-15, 01:08 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was one that complained about my car having lots of engine vibration.

This week I tried 93 octane just out of sheer curiosity and to my surprise the higher octane has virtually eliminated all vibration from the engine.

Also The engine seems a little bit more peppy.

I'm hoping for better mpg too but driving in all this NYC stop and go traffic is murder on gas.
Old 12-12-15, 03:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I was one that complained about my car having lots of engine vibration.

This week I tried 93 octane just out of sheer curiosity and to my surprise the higher octane has virtually eliminated all vibration from the engine.

Also The engine seems a little bit more peppy.

I'm hoping for better mpg too but driving in all this NYC stop and go traffic is murder on gas.
hmmm.... we have 94 octane at Petro Canada. I'll give that a shot with my next tank.
Old 12-12-15, 06:21 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Felt the vibration while idling in Park after a short drive. Feels very similar to the vibration that the air conditioner compressor would make in my Honda occasionally
when at idle.

Quick Reply: NX 200t Owner Survey - Engine Vibration Poll