NX window tint (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 07:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts
Default NX window tint (merged threads)

NX Members,

With summertime upon us, I'd like to have a single point of reference for all the tint questions that will come. If you've had your NX tinted, please upload pictures to this thread. Questions about NX tint will be merged here as well to consolidate Q&A

Please list:
- % tint
- color of your interior (does make a big difference in how dark tint appears)
- type of tint if you know it (smoke, dyed, metalized, ceramic, etc)
- brand of tint if you know it (3M, Solarguard, Lumaster, etc)

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-10-19 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-30-14, 12:09 AM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tint

Anyone have profile pictures of their NX with the driver and passenger windows tinted?
Does anyone know what the factory tint % is on the back windows?
I want to get the wife's windows tinted but debating on either 35% or 20%
Old 12-30-14, 03:41 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dmanpizza
Anyone have profile pictures of their NX with the driver and passenger windows tinted?
Does anyone know what the factory tint % is on the back windows?
I want to get the wife's windows tinted but debating on either 35% or 20%
I believe a factory tint is closer to 35% than 20%. However, I would like to know this also for sure....
Old 12-30-14, 09:39 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my front windows tinted right after I got it a couple weeks ago. I did a "Color Match" to the rear windows. I remember the guy saying that he used a 22 on the fronts in order to match to the 27 on the back windows. I could have those numbers backwards.... he did use a Meter to figure out the back windows as well as the very slight tint on factory front windows. I dont have pictures - it is minus 5 degrees outside right now. I will post some later thought.... for what it is worth, Colorado Law is 27% tint on front and rear windows... so I am guessing factory is 27 on the rear windows.
Old 12-30-14, 09:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
I had my front windows tinted right after I got it a couple weeks ago. I did a "Color Match" to the rear windows. I remember the guy saying that he used a 22 on the fronts in order to match to the 27 on the back windows. I could have those numbers backwards.... he did use a Meter to figure out the back windows as well as the very slight tint on factory front windows. I dont have pictures - it is minus 5 degrees outside right now. I will post some later thought.... for what it is worth, Colorado Law is 27% tint on front and rear windows... so I am guessing factory is 27 on the rear windows.
Awesome tint guy you got there.
Old 12-30-14, 12:16 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Window Tint Pictures...

I apologize up front for the dirty/snowy/slushy NX pictures!?! Here are a few pictures of my NX with front windows tinted. The guy said the small 3-4inch windows by the side view mirrors was the hardest part. yes it is/was snowing outside when I took the pics
Attached Thumbnails NX window tint (merged threads)-img_0750.jpg   NX window tint (merged threads)-img_0751.jpg   NX window tint (merged threads)-img_0752.jpg   NX window tint (merged threads)-img_0753.jpg  
Old 12-30-14, 07:55 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

I also got mine tinted right after I got the car. CA told me rear tint is 20%. My front is 35%, legal limit for front side windows in Washington state.

Old 12-30-14, 08:32 PM
sleepyking
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the %ages but at my usual place there are 5 shades and I usually get the middle shade all around.
Old 12-31-14, 04:51 AM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cb80923
I apologize up front for the dirty/snowy/slushy NX pictures!?! Here are a few pictures of my NX with front windows tinted. The guy said the small 3-4inch windows by the side view mirrors was the hardest part. yes it is/was snowing outside when I took the pics
Nice ride! With the snow/slush found near the fenders by the wheel arches, wouldn't it have been nice to have those mud flaps? not to devalue your new NX but just saying...since here in Canada all NX models come in AWD and has the mud flaps as standard trim...
Old 12-31-14, 09:36 PM
nx200tmb
Driver School Candidate

The rear is usually 20% at the factory. 35% is really light so usually not done.

If you're concerned about skin cancer, the factory tint does not block UVA rays... so I would add after-market tint to the rear any way.

I like limo tint in back, so I had my tint guy add another 20% to the existing 20% tint, and it made it basically limo (5%), with the benefit of UVA block as well.

In CA it's not legal to have tint on front, but I have put on 40% on front before, which blocks UVA rays and significantly cuts down the heat too.

I don't like the rear window too dark, so I leave it at 20% factory... no one can ever tell. I had a couple of tint guys who were like "are you crazy - it'll look odd.."... well I saved a lot of money leaving the rear window alone, and it looks great, and I can see out of it at night.
Old 01-02-15, 07:53 AM
Waymok
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if it's different in Canada or not, but when I got my guy to do a match he told me 15%, which was surprising, cause I thought mine were at 35% in the rear. But it looks good, and no issue at all at night time either. I usually have my sunroof shade open at night so the Popos can still see my face at night
Old 03-20-15, 09:18 AM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

Default My Eminent White Pearl fully tinted all around

Just got my tints put on. Went with limo all around and 35% winshield. I think she looks amazing!

This was the first NX the shop has done and they loved it and posted pics on their site.

The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (03-17-20)
Old 03-20-15, 09:23 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!! That is one great looking vehicle!! Same one I got and love it!!
The following users liked this post:
thekucho (11-24-20)
Old 03-20-15, 09:27 AM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GlenK
Awesome!! That is one great looking vehicle!! Same one I got and love it!!
Sweet. Loving this color, especially at night!
Old 03-20-15, 09:29 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

The white looks great with the tint. Do you anticipate any problems with law enforcement with the dark tint?

Quick Reply: NX window tint (merged threads)