NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Wiper blades for NX

Old 11-21-15, 10:06 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1halifax
Did you the Japanese product and if you did from where?
Here's a picture of the product. I bought it at a local Autobacs outlet in Malaysia...
Attached Thumbnails Wiper blades for NX-ametvi.jpg  
Old 12-26-15, 12:28 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Does anyone know how to replace the blades themselves? The last time I sent the car in to get new blades, they replaced just the rubber blades, but I forgot to ask them how they did it. I can take the assembly off the hinged arm itself, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the rubber inserts from the assembly...
Old 12-27-15, 02:26 PM
chandlervt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has someone tried claying the windshield? I have never replaced wiper blades in 6 months but my NX is streaking. I am thinking of claying the windshield first. On my CT, i replaced blades once in 3 years.
Old 12-28-15, 04:17 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ceriglass-polish.html I use another brand its for fine scratches.

I prefer using rainX on the windshield and in the reservoir and occasionally wiping the blade itself with alcohol swap. Blades in the North east only last 6 months because winter plays havoc on them.
Old 03-14-16, 09:00 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone been able to find a wipers that fit?
Old 03-16-16, 09:58 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

I actually ordered PIAA wipers as they listed the NX as being on their fit guide with an adaptor. I even emailed PIAA before ordering. But after many emails and pictures after getting the products it was a no go, but they did say they are supposed to have a new adaptor out in October, not that I'm holding my breath.

Phil
Old 04-11-16, 05:03 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

hi all....2 weeks with NX, here in So Cal it rained yesterday while driving on freeway. The driver's side wiper towards bottom of wiper/windshield, for about 4 inches at bottom, does some hesitation like the windshield is dry, but it is very wet with rain. Can't find words to better express. Guess i will call it out to dealer when i see them.
Old 04-13-16, 01:59 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ceriglass-polish.html...and occasionally wiping the blade itself with alcohol swap. Blades in the North east only last 6 months because winter plays havoc on them.
Doesn't alcohol tend to dry out the rubber, shortening their useful life?
Old 04-16-16, 07:36 AM
VinceCL
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, alcohol will dry the rubber. What I do is take a damp paper towel and pinch the rubber blade between a fold and draw across the length of the wiper, refolding the towel between draws until it stops leaving a significant black residue on the towel. Been doing that for 30+ years with great results.
Old 04-16-16, 10:14 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VinceCL
Yeah, alcohol will dry the rubber. What I do is take a damp paper towel and pinch the rubber blade between a fold and draw across the length of the wiper, refolding the towel between draws until it stops leaving a significant black residue on the towel. Been doing that for 30+ years with great results.
I also do this, sometimes either dampened with my car wash soap water or with a quick spray of Simple Green
Old 08-20-16, 04:55 AM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

Default Wiper blades replacement

Hello,

I am trying to replace my wipers blades for the Nx 200 f sport.

Did you guys find any alternatives in replacing the wiper blades? Does the Rain X latitude work?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-17, 05:55 PM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine are leaving water on their way back, sprayed windshield fluid stays on them and is pushed back by wind on a highway, so I have to run wipers couple more times without fuild. Also water from the buttom of the windshield is push back to center by wind.

Is there a way to increase number of wiper runs, once windshield fluid is sprayed?
Old 01-12-17, 12:40 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nickage87
Mine are leaving water on their way back, sprayed windshield fluid stays on them and is pushed back by wind on a highway, so I have to run wipers couple more times without fuild. Also water from the buttom of the windshield is push back to center by wind.

Is there a way to increase number of wiper runs, once windshield fluid is sprayed?
Not that I know of. There is no such option in Carista.
Old 01-13-17, 11:52 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
Has anyone been able to find a wipers that fit?
it seems like you CAN'T replace the wiper blades on the NX with aftermarket. I think this is monopoly - only use the OEM, damn.
Old 01-13-17, 07:32 PM
inkrunner
Driver School Candidate

Please read my post on the below thread for your solution. I've been using them for weeks under every nasty winter condition imaginable (snow, freezing rain and ice) and they have performed admirably.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...he-wipers.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiper blades for NX