NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-16, 12:02 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a feeling that Lexus is well aware of this and will replace it with few questions asked. I was the third NX my dealership has replaced the screen on already (scheduled to go in Friday).

My only concern is how good the coating is on the replacement screen. I do notice a difference in the section with/without the coating and prefer the coating.
Old 02-21-16, 04:23 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dCota
AAUURRGH!!!

It's now happened to me!
And I think my situation proves just HOW delicate these screens are - I was having lunch a couple days ago, and it was lightly snowing out. As I headed back to my NX to leave, I opened the door and a few snowflakes blew in and landed right on the top edge of the screen. I noticed it and immediately blew them off, but of course they had already started to melt, and now the upper edge has a series of "seepage" marks.

It is VERY noticeable in the sunlight - looks horrible!

Going to talk with my service advisor, who has always been amazing, and hope they'll do the right thing and replace it.

More to come...

Best,
dCota

Agree with typocl, Lexus knows of this since the '14 IS (though no issues with my IS). My dealer ordered the new screen for the NX without fuss and replaced it.
Old 02-21-16, 07:07 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The navigation screen on my Harley is exposed to the elements and has a protective cover. I noticed one very small scratch in my 2014 IS screen, but the NX screen makes it difficult the clean the front windshield and avoid the screen. Yes, Lexus can do a better job.
Old 02-28-16, 12:24 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my screen and my touch pad replaced with no hassle whatsoever.
Screen was due to the film coming off...and the touch pad just stopped working.
On the work order it mentions a screen replacement program so Lexus definitely is aware and has communicated this to the dealerships.
Old 02-28-16, 02:04 PM
typocl
Instructor

got my screen replaced on Friday. The service adviser mentioned he saw an advisory about this. Gonna wait a few weeks before I try cleaning it.
Old 02-29-16, 05:58 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Are the ones being replaced earlier builds? Mine is 7/15, no issues so far.
Old 02-29-16, 07:51 AM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by jim256
Are the ones being replaced earlier builds? Mine is 7/15, no issues so far.
mine was build back in Feb/Mar of 2015

have you used any cleaner on your screen?
Old 02-29-16, 08:53 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
mine was build back in Feb/Mar of 2015

have you used any cleaner on your screen?
I used a slightly damp towel after washing, pretty carefully after having seen these posts. Other car (Acura TLX) has a touch screen, have to use LCD wipes there because of finger prints, so the NX is not much of an issue.
Old 02-29-16, 09:09 AM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by jim256
I used a slightly damp towel after washing, pretty carefully after having seen these posts. Other car (Acura TLX) has a touch screen, have to use LCD wipes there because of finger prints, so the NX is not much of an issue.
just keep doing that, if your screen is going to have this issue, I would bet it will happen soon. If not, you should be ok.

and if it happens, they'll replace it
Old 05-12-16, 02:10 PM
tlexus415
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exact thing happened to me and both my lexus dealer and corporate lexus are refusing to replace the screen. I am not sure what to do. To the ones who got their screen replaced, how did you go about doing so? Who paid for the replacement? How was the process like?

I purchased a 2016 NX F-Sports last November at the Oakland Coliseum dealership and didn't use anything to wipe it besides a new microfiber with inside tag removed. I didn't even noticed that there were scratches until a couple of months ago when the sun hit the screen at a certain angle when the screen was off. I thought that I was SOL until I went in this thread and that it would be easy getting it replaced during my 1st service. It has been a nightmare from both my service rep and case manager. They don't even care about other people getting their screens replaced in this very thread. They told me that the screen isn't as sensitive as I claim and it must be something that I did or use to wipe it with.

I need help.
Old 05-13-16, 01:16 PM
tlexus415
Driver School Candidate

there was nothing on the fabric and i only used it to dust it off. no need to clean it with anything since it isn't a touchscreen. the more i look at it, the scratches just look like the anti-glare is coming off from the screen.
Old 05-13-16, 01:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ that is really unfortunate they are treating you this way, also ignoring this thread and owners getting their screens replaced under warranty. Same issues and replacement with the IS and their owners, BTW.

If they are blaming it on you, insist they wipe the NAV screen on an NX in the lot...
Old 05-13-16, 01:34 PM
tlexus415
Driver School Candidate

yeah i think i messed up when i said that they were scratches instead of saying the anti-coat was rubbing off. i creenshot yours and typocl's comments in this thread since it was real similar or exact to what had happened to me and still no luck.
Old 05-13-16, 02:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ As I stated above, have them wipe down the screen on an NX in their lot...

And this should help as they cannot ignore this...

Old 05-13-16, 03:09 PM
typocl
Instructor

you can also have them talk to Lexus of Serramonte. When I brought mine in, the advisor told me they already did a few of them.

and as I mentioned in a PM, have them wipe down your screen with a damp cloth, I would bet you'd see more of the coating come off. Testing on another NX on the lot might not help if it's not defective.

Quick Reply: This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?