Valet key for NX

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 06:19 AM
USALV
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valet key for NX

Hello everyone
I was thinking about buying the NX due to having the remote start. Does this car come with a valet key?
Thank you
Old 09-17-15, 06:48 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed that the Enform app allows you to receive notifications if the car is driven too fast, or too far away, or you can limit the run time of the car. But that's the only place I've seen limitations.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Its a CUV that looks fast, but is far from quick. Valets won't really be entertained by it.
Old 09-17-15, 06:51 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by USALV
Hello everyone
I was thinking about buying the NX due to having the remote start. Does this car come with a valet key?
Thank you
It does not.

With a Lexus Enform subscription, however, you can enable a "guest driver mode" in which you can choose to be alerted if the vehicle's doors are locked/unlocked, the NX is started, it travels outside a defined radius, goes over a certain speed, etc.
Old 09-18-15, 12:59 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Lightbulb My NX Does Have Valet Key

My NX has a valet key. Before I hand it over to the valet, I put whatever stuff I don't want to bring with me into the glove box and lock it with the physical metal key that is found on the remote (it's detachable). I keep this detachable key with me in the restaurant/theater/etc and give the valet guy the remote.
Old 09-18-15, 01:30 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
My NX has a valet key. Before I hand it over to the valet, I put whatever stuff I don't want to bring with me into the glove box and lock it with the physical metal key that is found on the remote (it's detachable). I keep this detachable key with me in the restaurant/theater/etc and give the valet guy the remote.
I feel foolish now - you are exactly correct! I forgot about the metal key for the glove box!
Old 09-18-15, 03:43 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I feel foolish now - you are exactly correct! I forgot about the metal key for the glove box!
I wouldn't have known about it if my salesperson didn't go over it with me at delivery.

Speaking of valet, for those of you that have nav, don't set your exact home address in the "Home" preset button. You don't want a valet going to your house and pressing the HomeLink button to gain access to your garage (and possibly inside your home). I set my Home button to take me about a block or so away.
Old 09-19-15, 01:08 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I wouldn't have known about it if my salesperson didn't go over it with me at delivery.

Speaking of valet, for those of you that have nav, don't set your exact home address in the "Home" preset button. You don't want a valet going to your house and pressing the HomeLink button to gain access to your garage (and possibly inside your home). I set my Home button to take me about a block or so away.
That's a great point, I never would have thought of it. I'm changing my home address right away.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-01-15, 06:33 PM
USALV
Driver

RxOwner. That's a great to preventing yourelf from being a victim of a robbery.
Old 10-01-15, 09:26 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

If you leave your insurance and registration documents in the vehicle (aka 99% of us), then its just as easy to find your home address this way.
Old 10-01-15, 10:51 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by computerwi
If you leave your insurance and registration documents in the vehicle (aka 99% of us), then its just as easy to find your home address this way.
That's why there's a valet key. 🔑

Since the 99% of us typically store those types of documents in the glove box, the mechanical valet key is used to lock said box. This protects not only our address-laden documents, but other items which we don't want to bring with us into the venue. We then keep that key with us when we valet our car. 🚗

At least that's how I generally do it. Who else does it similar to that?
Old 02-20-16, 09:25 PM
USALV
Driver

Originally Posted by NXOwner
That's why there's a valet key. 🔑

Since the 99% of us typically store those types of documents in the glove box, the mechanical valet key is used to lock said box. This protects not only our address-laden documents, but other items which we don't want to bring with us into the venue. We then keep that key with us when we valet our car. 🚗

At least that's how I generally do it. Who else does it similar to that?

thank you. Sorry I haven't been around lately.
Old 02-22-16, 09:13 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Valet Metal Key for the Glove box ? I dont think I ever got this. Can someone post a photo what that looks like ?
Old 02-23-16, 07:06 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by VipVip
Valet Metal Key for the Glove box ? I dont think I ever got this. Can someone post a photo what that looks like ?
It's part of your key fob--take a look at the manual. It's not a valet key in the old sense--where you gave the valet key to the valet so he could not open the glove box or trunk, but could start the car. Now you lock the glove box with the metal key in the fob and give the attendant your electronic fob with the metal key removed.
Old 02-23-16, 09:28 AM
VipVip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
It's part of your key fob--take a look at the manual. It's not a valet key in the old sense--where you gave the valet key to the valet so he could not open the glove box or trunk, but could start the car. Now you lock the glove box with the metal key in the fob and give the attendant your electronic fob with the metal key removed.
Thanks JIM !
Here is a pic in case other people has the same issues as me
Old 02-23-16, 01:10 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by VipVip
Here's mine...

Quick Reply: Valet key for NX