NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NHTSA Complaints thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 06:19 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default NHTSA Complaints thread

This complaint was posted on the NHTSA website on July 16th. Thoughts?
ON JULY 10,2015 MY WIFE WAS COMING BACK FROM STORE (WAL MART ) WITH ERRANTS. SHE UNLOCK THE POWER TAIL GATE WITH THE REMOTE CONTROL TO LOAD ERRANTS IN THE BACK. AT THE SAME TIME ALL FOUR DOORS DID UNLOCK ( WHAT IS STANDARD ON LEXUS) . AT THE SAME TIME SOMEONE WALK BY THE CAR, OPEN THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR AND STEEL HER PURSE . LOOSING A PURSE IS NOTHING, BUT IF A CHILD WAS SITTING THERE AND THE MAN DECIDE TO KIDNAP THE CHILD OR STEEL THE CAR THAT WOULD A DIFFERENT STORY. AT LEXUS THE ANSWER IS THAT THEY CANNOT CHANGE THE PROGRAMATION, I THINK THEY DO NOT WONT TO CORRECT THE SERIOUS SITUATION . PLEASE HELP TO PROTECT FROM THIEF ,KIDNAPER AND SEX OFFENDER. MY WIFE AND I ARE VERY CONCERN ABOUT THE LACK OF CONCERN BY LEXUX AND THE HIGH RISK OF AGRESSION CAUSE BY THIS SITUATION. WE LIVE IN AN AREA WHERE THAT TYPE OF CRIME IS FREQUENT.
Old 07-30-15, 06:22 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sorry, but did a 10 yr old write this? Heck, a 10 yr old might have better spelling and grammar. yikes....

And if I was Lexus, my suggestion would be, "live in a safer area, or manually open your lift gate".

Also, beside the lift button under the hatch is a circular button which can be used to lock the doors. I would be tempted to try hitting the lift gate and the lock button as similar times and see if the doors relock.

Problem solved and I'm dumber from attempting to read that lol

Last edited by Swacer; 07-30-15 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-30-15, 06:38 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the second setting in Personal Settings:

Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Just tested it and this does not work for the rear door.

Last edited by GlenK; 07-30-15 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-30-15, 06:42 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GlenK
Am I missing something?
I don't think that setting controls the door locks when the trunk is unlocked/opened. But I haven't tested that.
Old 07-30-15, 06:50 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I don't think that setting controls the door locks when the trunk is unlocked/opened. But I haven't tested that.
You're right, I just tested it...
Old 07-30-15, 08:04 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

my favorite word in all that "programation"
Old 07-30-15, 08:06 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm sorry, but did a 10 yr old write this? Heck, a 10 yr old might have better spelling and grammar. yikes....

And if I was Lexus, my suggestion would be, "live in a safer area, or manually open your lift gate".

Also, beside the lift button under the hatch is a circular button which can be used to lock the doors. I would be tempted to try hitting the lift gate and the lock button as similar times and see if the doors relock.

Problem solved and I'm dumber from attempting to read that lol
I concur. Other than the grammar, the complaint doesn't make much sense.

It is quite a common and reasonable arrangement for have the doors also unlocked when the tailgate is unlocked/opened.

When you open the tailgate, anyone could get inside the cabin without opening the doors anyway. And the circular button on the tailgate already solves the issue of forgetting to lock the doors and the tailgate when you leave the vehicle.
Old 07-30-15, 09:58 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

The OP states this was a high crime area. Did his wife open the door and put her purse in the car first (which would mean she had to unlock the door), or did she go shopping and leave her purse on the front passenger seat? If it's the second scenario, they are probably lucky the window wasn't smashed to get the purse while she was gone.
Old 07-30-15, 11:05 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I wonder how NHTSA handles these user know-how complaints...
Old 07-30-15, 11:17 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus should consider adding a personal setting that can be changed where when you open the trunk area the doors stay locked. While it may not be a high demand item it would be a nice to have.
Old 07-30-15, 03:05 PM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by wildeklave
Lexus should consider adding a personal setting that can be changed where when you open the trunk area the doors stay locked. While it may not be a high demand item it would be a nice to have.
Then NHTSA would get this complaint:

Me and ol' lady were comin out of the Pic N Pay and she ran to the nxt cause she can't wait to git in an eat her dam dorreetoes. Erbody nos ther r sex pervs erewher an they get her cause I press that button to open the talegate. Thedoors r locked so the she can't git in. No pervert can resest both my wife and a ful bag o'dorreetoes, so the first one who sees her takes 'em both! Lecksus wont return my wife an I wanna dorreetoes refund! I told'em no dam more forren cars!
Old 07-30-15, 04:12 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by leej865

Me and ol' lady were comin out of the Pic N Pay and she ran to the nxt cause she can't wait to git in an eat her dam dorreetoes. Erbody nos ther r sex pervs erewher an they get her cause I press that button to open the talegate. Thedoors r locked so the she can't git in. No pervert can resest both my wife and a ful bag o'dorreetoes, so the first one who sees her takes 'em both! Lecksus wont return my wife an I wanna dorreetoes refund! I told'em no dam more forren cars!
U is too funny !Programation turn into collision
Attached Thumbnails NHTSA Complaints thread-doritos.jpg  

Last edited by RDLGX; 07-30-15 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-30-15, 05:39 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leej865

I dun fell out of my der lawn chair laughing.
Old 07-30-15, 07:01 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For what it's worth, when I open the tailgate on my RX with the key FOB the doors remain locked. When I push the button on the tailgate all the doors unlock as the tailgate opens.

I couldn't bring myself to misspell that much.lol
Old 07-30-15, 08:53 PM
StockTsi
Driver School Candidate

must. Resist. Commenting. On. Spelling. And. Grammar.

Isn't the NHTSA more concerned about safety issues like "car accelerates when put in reverse" than someone's purse potentially being stolen?

Quick Reply: NHTSA Complaints thread