NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Hitch for nx200t

Old 05-11-16, 05:37 PM
hokiecb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjhegstad
Nice job, the pictures should really help. Why did you run a wire up front to the battery?
It is required. The power to the trailer lights is directly from the battery. The connection to the tail lights in the vehicle is to get the appropriate signal inputs to go to the trailer.

I'm not sure if this is because trailer lights would overload the circuit or if in the computer controlled vehicle systems world if extra current from a trailer would be more than what the vehicles computer was expecting and cause some sort of issue. Either way all of the harnesses available that I know of for the NX require a wire to the battery for power.

Last edited by hokiecb; 05-11-16 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-12-16, 04:22 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Many cars will show a bulb out on the dash warning light if you connect something to the factory harness. Does not really cause harm but the body control computer will detect a voltage change and let you know there is a lighting problem by turning on the light out warning light on the dash. We had to use a special harness on a Volvo to avoid this. The wiring harness had sensors that were attached to the light housings in the trunk and optically sensed when the brake lights or turn signals were on and triggered the trailer lights. That way no additional lights were actually attached to the factory harness. Also, todays latest LED lights use a small enough amount of power that the can be powered by ribbon connectors instead of copper wire, making things more difficult to attach to.
Old 05-29-16, 10:15 AM
chuongzzz
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexdell
Just as a heads up, autoanything.com has the Draw-Tite - 75956 on sale for $111.99 shipped. Here's the link: http://www.autoanything.com/towing/d...icleId=3797896
the link u gave us , that Draw-tite is NOT look like what Hokiecb have , Hokiecb's hitch look much better than ur link , it is closer the bumper , anyone know what Hokiecb 's hitch got ? I want to buy one , thanks .

Last edited by chuongzzz; 05-29-16 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-29-16, 11:07 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

the TOP picture of that link is not what the hitch looks like. If you look a little lower, that's what the hitch looks like. I had the same hesitation when I first purchased it. The description says "round tubing", which is what the lower picture shows. The larger picture is square tubing.
Old 05-29-16, 07:52 PM
chuongzzz
Driver

Originally Posted by typocl
the TOP picture of that link is not what the hitch looks like. If you look a little lower, that's what the hitch looks like. I had the same hesitation when I first purchased it. The description says "round tubing", which is what the lower picture shows. The larger picture is square tubing.
i got it , thanks you
btw if u guy buy the Tow Ready T-One Connector - 118652 , it's $73.99 with one year lower price quarantee at AUTOANYTHING.COM but it's just $39.99 at TRAILERPARTS.COM , i just want t help u guy save some $$$ as i can .

Last edited by chuongzzz; 05-29-16 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-29-16, 08:53 PM
chuongzzz
Driver

Originally Posted by hokiecb
It is required. The power to the trailer lights is directly from the battery. The connection to the tail lights in the vehicle is to get the appropriate signal inputs to go to the trailer.

I'm not sure if this is because trailer lights would overload the circuit or if in the computer controlled vehicle systems world if extra current from a trailer would be more than what the vehicles computer was expecting and cause some sort of issue. Either way all of the harnesses available that I know of for the NX require a wire to the battery for power.

can u take some pics of the wires from the rear to front and how did you hide it ? will it go under the car ? thanks
Old 06-09-16, 05:59 PM
Joelinnh
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would love to see the way you ran the wires to the battery. Great job
Old 06-11-16, 03:28 PM
Joelinnh
Driver School Candidate

The most challenging part for me was reaching behind the rear panels to blindly plug into the factory wiring harnesses. You could remove these but I chose not to mainly because I wasn't 100% sure how to get them off.

I also recommend pulling the nx on a set of ramps to have more work room when routing the wire under the vehicle to the battery.

[/QUOTE]

Would you mind when you get a chance taken a closer picture of how you mounted it to you hitch.
Old 06-14-16, 03:05 PM
terrybill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joelinnh
The most challenging part for me was reaching behind the rear panels to blindly plug into the factory wiring harnesses. You could remove these but I chose not to mainly because I wasn't 100% sure how to get them off.
Some hints and tips for getting behind the rear panels at this post
Old 06-17-16, 02:45 AM
rns
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I am awaiting some pics with the hidden hitch since I have seen some pics where it is not actually hidden. I did see an NX pic with a Drawtight from eTrailier that looked hidden except for the stem. There is an NX group on Facebook where someone posted a pic.
Here is an RX with the Hidden Hitch that is not hidden-
A word about hidden hitches
Lexus Oem Europe hitch PZ408-X2550-00 Towing Hitch Detachable is hidden but naturally not approved or compatible with Us hitch receivers.
I have the Oem hitch in Rx and you must crawl under to see it. I am very happy with it been hidden, only downside was the price vs others.

http://www.lexus-tech.eu/aimuploads/...03%20197-3.pdf
Attached Thumbnails Hitch for nx200t-towhitchnx.jpg  
Old 06-17-16, 08:46 AM
leslie11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did it cost RNS?
Old 06-17-16, 10:47 AM
rns
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leslie11
How much did it cost RNS?
With installation including wiring for Rx it was about 1200 euros (1350USD), looks like it costs the same now for new Rx.

From local dealer above hitch for NX list price 1707 euros (1926USD) installed with wiring
3 last item in this price list: http://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net...104-548999.pdf
Old 06-17-16, 02:03 PM
leslie11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, it's pricey but I'm sure it looks better for sure! I had a tough time installing the Draw-tite hitch myself and this looks like a lot more work.
Old 07-27-16, 10:35 AM
hokiecb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joelinnh
Would you mind when you get a chance taken a closer picture of how you mounted it to you hitch.
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I will try to get some pics for you. Do you mean a closer picture of how the wiring harness was mounted to the hitch?
Old 07-27-16, 05:25 PM
Joelinnh
Driver School Candidate

Yes please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hitch for nx200t