NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Hitch for nx200t

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-15, 09:44 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Draw Tite installed this week too and it looks great. I posted pics in the Facebook NX group. I removed the stickers that show and moved them to the inside of the hitch. I also bought the official rubber Lexus Hitch Plug from Amazon for $13.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LEXU...01205246821541
Old 07-20-15, 05:51 PM
bhlerman
Driver School Candidate

Anyone get a hitch from Uhaul? Does a hitch bike rack interfere with the backup camera picture?
Old 07-20-15, 08:38 PM
Fordrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by philwojo
Thanks for posting these, always great to have a reference for other products, but to me it doesn't look much different than the Curt I put on mine that is made for the Rav4. But as I said always great to see what other options looks like.

Did you put this on or the dealer?
Doesn't look like you have the wiring harness on there, or am I wrong?
How long did it take you/them?
How much was the hitch?
Wiring harness if on there?
How much was the install if you had it done?

All those questions are just for reference for other people to gauge what they will be paying.

Thanks,
Phil
Had it installed at an RV Trailer Shop.

Not wiring harness installed because I'm only using it for a bike rack. Harness would have been $60 for parts and $120 to install.

Took about 30 minutes to install.

Hitch was $160 and $80 to install.
Old 07-21-15, 06:55 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bhlerman
Anyone get a hitch from Uhaul? Does a hitch bike rack interfere with the backup camera picture?
Be careful with UHaul. I contacted them and they wanted $75 more for the Draw Tite. I had read mixed reviews with UHaul. You are better off with a local mechanic. It is not a hard job and you can do it yourself if you have access to a lift but a mechanic will take greater care on your car then UHaul. They usually work on their beaten up trucks and not high end luxury vehicles. They will be practiced at not taking as much care. The other thing is most of the Uhaul installs I see around are of hitches that stick out and don't flow with the vehicle. My neighbor has a minivan with a Uhaul hitch that is well below the bumper.

Also, remove the stickers and move them to the inside unless you want to advertise that you have a Curt, Draw Tite, Reese, or Hidden Hitch. UHaul will put one of their stickers on.

As far as the back up camera it may interfere when using a bike rack. This is because the rack may block the area behind the rear license plate where the camera is. I have not tested it yet.
Old 07-21-15, 02:56 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fordrick
Had it installed at an RV Trailer Shop.

Not wiring harness installed because I'm only using it for a bike rack. Harness would have been $60 for parts and $120 to install.

Took about 30 minutes to install.

Hitch was $160 and $80 to install.
Thanks for following up, sounds like you got a good deal, enjoy your hitch and the outdoors with your NX.
Old 07-23-15, 06:28 PM
Fordrick
Driver School Candidate

Yakima Highlite 2 bike rack<br/>

When the rack is tilted forward the rear door can open without any issues.
Old 11-22-15, 05:55 PM
hokiecb
Driver School Candidate

The draw-tite seemed to look like it installed closer to the bumper so I decided to order one. I installed it today. It is super easy to install if you have a helper to support the weight of it while you align the exhaust brackets, bolts, hitch and nut holes in the frame. If you are doing it on your own you will probably not want to install it within ear shot of children. The dropped bolts and aligning of everything with one hand while holding the hitch up with the other results in some 4 letter words. When I get to the wiring install, I will post some pics of that if anyone is interested.

Old 11-23-15, 08:41 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hokiecb
When I get to the wiring install, I will post some pics of that if anyone is interested.
Thanks!

I would be interested in the DIY wiring pics and/or tutorial.
Old 11-24-15, 10:03 AM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my hitch installed by the dealer. They said the wiring was part of the hitch package and they were suppose to install the wiring but that didn't happen. It wasn't until I went to pick it up my car that the dealer figured it out that the wiring on the NX is separate. They quoted some $900 just for the wiring. So if you purchase both the hitch and the wiring you're looking at close to $2000. Thats just wrong. Anyway, the dealer does not want to install the wiring, and I'm having it installed by a trailer hitch dealer.
Old 11-26-15, 12:00 PM
alexdell
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just as a heads up, autoanything.com has the Draw-Tite - 75956 on sale for $111.99 shipped. Here's the link: http://www.autoanything.com/towing/d...icleId=3797896

I'm about to pull the trigger but I'm contemplating if I should order the wiring harness as well. I'll will probably never have any use for it but it would be good to have just in case. My main use for the hitch is just for the bike rack. Are there any preferred wiring harness or will any 4-pole flat connector work? Thanks.
Old 11-26-15, 12:41 PM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Inline plug kits are out there at a small price. I took my NX to Rack N Road, under an hour to install mine. Just a nice option, I have a small boat that I may tow.

Last edited by bjhegstad; 12-05-15 at 10:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2015NX2oot (06-12-17)
Old 11-26-15, 10:33 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hokiecb
The draw-tite seemed to look like it installed closer to the bumper so I decided to order one. I installed it today. It is super easy to install if you have a helper to support the weight of it while you align the exhaust brackets, bolts, hitch and nut holes in the frame. If you are doing it on your own you will probably not want to install it within ear shot of children. The dropped bolts and aligning of everything with one hand while holding the hitch up with the other results in some 4 letter words. When I get to the wiring install, I will post some pics of that if anyone is interested.
Was there any cutting or drilling required?
Old 12-05-15, 09:44 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Thanks for the link to auto anything. I too just ordered the "Draw Tite" class III hitch for $111.99. From what I seen from our members photos, the Draw Tite looks like the best fit. I will post pictures when I get mine installed. Thanks again everyone.
Old 05-11-16, 11:00 AM
hokiecb
Driver School Candidate

Default Wiring Images

Here are a few images illustrating the four pin trailer wiring harness installation. I installed the T-One harness.

The most challenging part for me was reaching behind the rear panels to blindly plug into the factory wiring harnesses. You could remove these but I chose not to mainly because I wasn't 100% sure how to get them off.

I also recommend pulling the nx on a set of ramps to have more work room when routing the wire under the vehicle to the battery.

Last edited by hokiecb; 05-11-16 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-11-16, 11:50 AM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Default Hitch wiring

Nice job, the pictures should really help. Why did you run a wire up front to the battery?

Last edited by bjhegstad; 05-11-16 at 03:56 PM. Reason: add question

Quick Reply: Hitch for nx200t