NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Carista app information (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-17, 12:26 AM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Does Carista support registering a new set of TPMS into the NX?
Old 03-05-17, 11:47 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by kukudm
Does Carista support registering a new set of TPMS into the NX?
Yep. I've tried it myself, but only used OEM TPMS sensors.
Old 03-05-17, 12:32 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by computerwi
Yep. I've tried it myself, but only used OEM TPMS sensors.
Thanks for the info! Did you have to enroll in their beta version, or did it work in their official release version?
Old 03-06-17, 01:49 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

After complaining about the "subscription fee", I swallowed my pride and bought a Carista OBD device and downloaded the software. The good news is that apparently because I bought the OBD device, I get a 30 day (I think) subscription. I like that.

I changed a few of the settings and although it's not as fast as I expected, it worked well. My expectations might have been unfair. I also looked for faults/codes, but there were none. I tried the Service tab, and got a message that this is not available for my vehicle (or something to that effect). I was a little disappointed, but not too worried. All I wanted to do was turn off the maintenance reminder, and there's another easy way to do that as soon as I get around to it.

The real excuse for buying this was because the Check Engine light came on in my Mom's 07 RX a week ago, and it started misfiring. It resolved itself when I shut down and restarted the car. I suspect a marginal coil pack and was anxious to see which one. Instead, it said there were no errors. I'm not quite sure what to think about that, as I'm SURE it the car will remember faults for some time (indefinitely or until cleared, right?). One thing it did catch is that the voltage was initially too low to read the codes. I'm wondering if the battery may have been low enough that it dropped the code history.

Any ideas?

Last edited by User 41924; 03-08-17 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-07-17, 04:20 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Thanks for the info! Did you have to enroll in their beta version, or did it work in their official release version?
It worked in the official release, but I believe it's still considered a beta function for the NX? Not totally sure.
Old 03-07-17, 04:23 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Woodrow
After complaining about the "subscription fee", I swallowed my pride and bought a Carista OBD device and downloaded the software. The good news is that apparently because I bought the OBD device, I get a 30 day (I think) subscription. I like that.

I changed a few of the settings and although it's not as fast as I expected, it worked well. My expectations might have been unfair. I also looked for faults/codes, but there were none. I tried the Service tab, and got a message that this is not available for my vehicle (or something to that effect). I was a little disappointed, but not too worried. All I wanted to do was turn off the maintenance reminder, and there's another easy way to do that. As soon as I get around to it.

The real excuse for buying this was because the Check Engine light came on in my Mom's 07 RX a week ago, and it started misfiring. It resolved itself when I shut down and restarted the car. I suspect a marginal coil pack and was anxious to see which one. Instead, it said there were no errors. I'm not quite sure what to think about that, as I'm SURE it the car will remember faults for some time (indefinately, or until cleared, right?). One thing it did catch is that the voltage was initially too low to read the codes. I'm wondering in the battery may have been low enough that it dropped the code history.

Any ideas?
Maybe the app is not compatible with 2007 RX? That's 2 generations behind now..

On a 10-year old car, if the battery has not been replaced, it would not surprise me that the battery voltage would drop quite a bit when the ignition is on with the engine off, but that's probably not low enough to clear trouble codes.
Old 03-08-17, 09:51 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
Maybe the app is not compatible with 2007 RX? That's 2 generations behind now..

On a 10-year old car, if the battery has not been replaced, it would not surprise me that the battery voltage would drop quite a bit when the ignition is on with the engine off, but that's probably not low enough to clear trouble codes.
I checked on the Carista web sight before I bought it to make sure it would work on her car. It says in the Vehicles section for an 07 RX that I can get "Basic OBD2 Diagnostics", and specifically points out that "Carista shows you a list of the fault codes stored in your vehicle, as well as their meanings. You can also reset the "Check Engine" light."

The battery isn't that old. Maybe a year or 2. I would expect it to be able to support an ignition on state for more than the 30 to 60 seconds it took to get the response. Clearly the battery was low to start with, but that isn't really my issue. I was shooting in the dark to understand why the fault code didn't show up. and I was wondering if the low battery condition may be why. You seem to think not, which is what I was looking for, if not what I wanted to hear. I don't really think it's a Carista issue, as everything else works as expected. More likely something with her car.
Old 03-08-17, 10:34 AM
kukudm
Pit Crew

I just tried the beta version of the app for TPMS, I can report that it works on the NX, even though it only lets you save one set of TPMS sensors.
Old 03-09-17, 06:10 PM
sofgwhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Chime

I just received my CARISTA and unless I'm blind, it doesn't have the ability to turn off the seat belt chime. Major disappointment, this was the main I purchased it. Yes, I wear my seat belt but usually put it on as I'm pulling out of the neighborhood but I can't get out of my driveway with the car beeping at me... kind of annoying. 2016 NX
Old 03-10-17, 04:34 PM
stressed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carista definitely allows for seat belt chime disabling. Done that
Old 03-23-17, 09:07 AM
Buddy888
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried the beta version of the app for TPMS, I can report that it works on the NX, even though it only lets you save one set of TPMS sensors.
Hey what happens if you have 2 sets of TPMS on 2 different sets of Rims, I have a set of winter and summer tires?
The following users liked this post:
rexleonis (04-24-19)
Old 03-23-17, 09:11 AM
Buddy888
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carista
Good news everyone! Owners of the Carista OBD2 adapter are now eligible for a 1-month free trial of the Pro functionality in the app!

And even more good news: we are currently running another sale on Amazon at 25% off: get your adapter at only $29.99 and change all the settings you want with the 1-month free trial!

Hey Carista,

Will this Adapter work on storing 2 sets of TPMS, I have 2 set of tires and rims for winter and summer?
Old 03-23-17, 04:02 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Buddy888
Hey what happens if you have 2 sets of TPMS on 2 different sets of Rims, I have a set of winter and summer tires?
You can only save one set of tires. This is a limitation of Lexus, not the app. You must know the sensor IDs to program them. The app can only read the existing set that is programmed into the vehicle. I saved the initial codes before having the dealer program the winter set, so I have both written down.
Old 05-19-17, 04:25 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sofgwhat
....unless I'm blind, it doesn't have the ability to turn off the seat belt chime.
It most certainly does.

So yes, it appears your eyesight is failing.
Old 05-19-17, 07:45 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Yes, the dealer turned our seatbelt chimes off, but I'm sure I saw it in Carista app.

Quick Reply: Carista app information (Merged Threads)