NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Carista app information (Merged Threads)

Old 04-28-15, 03:05 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NXFan
It's been 10 days since I first asked about the lane change feature and you,stated the beta version was to come out in a couple of days. Any status? I already bought the Wifi adapter and paid the $20 for the pro version.
Thanks.
Sorry about the delay. The beta (including the lane-change blinker setting) is ready and we tried to submit it to Apple today, but ran into some issues.

EDIT: I wanted to add you as an internal tester, but apparently that's not possible, sorry. New ETA is a few days from now, depending on Apple's approval process and the additional information/documentation they may require. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Carista; 04-28-15 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 03:26 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

And by the way, the Android beta is already out as of yesterday, and includes the lane-change blinker setting for the NX. Anyone can get the Android beta here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
Old 04-28-15, 04:05 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carista
Sorry about the delay. The beta (including the lane-change blinker setting) is ready and we tried to submit it to Apple today, but ran into some issues.

EDIT: I wanted to add you as an internal tester, but apparently that's not possible, sorry. New ETA is a few days from now, depending on Apple's approval process and the additional information/documentation they may require. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for your quick response. At least it will soon arrive!
Old 04-30-15, 04:49 AM
spyderman3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
And by the way, the Android beta is already out as of yesterday, and includes the lane-change blinker setting for the NX. Anyone can get the Android beta here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
I saw the update come in on my Android.. Will test it today.
Old 04-30-15, 05:12 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Are there advantages to Carista over Lexus Enform app ? I am new with learning about both of these.

Last edited by RDLGX; 04-30-15 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-30-15, 05:47 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Are there advantages to Carista over Lexus Enform app ? I am new with learning about both of these.
Ronn1, they are completely different things. Please check out the Features page at http://www.caristaapp.com/ so that you can understand what Carista can do.
Old 04-30-15, 07:33 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I find a bluetooth ODB reader and Carista (not even Pro version yet) to be better than a standalone ODB reader. If trying to check for error codes that don't kick off the CEL while driving around, you just push a button and it does a reading. I've been doing this to verify a fix on my RAV4 is holding. Plus, you don't need to write down error codes as Carista can email them to you.

It's nice to have an ODB reader so that if the CEL ever comes on, you will have a little knowledge beforehand when getting the car worked on.

Once the lane change setting makes it in, I'm upgrading to Pro.
Old 04-30-15, 08:04 AM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spcran4d
All:

I was able to successfully use the free version of the Carista iPhone app to check my NX for faults (of which there were none) and (with the $19.99 Pro version of the app) modify whatever "dealer-only" Lexus Personalized Settings I wished. The application connected very easily to the OBDII device and worked flawlessly.

Incidentally, for the iPhone, make sure you purchase a wifi OBDII adapter (rather than a bluetooth one, which won't work). I used this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just downloaded the Carista Iphone app and ordered the OBDII adapter from Amazon. Should be here next week.

Thanks for posting the link!
Old 04-30-15, 08:08 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by KarmaNina
Thanks for posting the link!
My pleasure. I may have to start asking for commissions!
Old 05-08-15, 07:30 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Still waiting for the blinker update for iPhone. Any news???
Old 05-08-15, 07:36 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by GlenK
This update is currently in beta test - I have received an email from Carista asking for testers. I have responded and will hopefully be testing it soon (as will others, I assume).
Old 05-08-15, 09:30 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This update is currently in beta test - I have received an email from Carista asking for testers. I have responded and will hopefully be testing it soon (as will others, I assume).
Good deal and thanks for the update!!
Old 05-08-15, 01:17 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an email also, they responded that Apple will be sending info on how to test the beta, but still waiting for that email....
Old 05-09-15, 09:13 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NXFan
I got an email also, they responded that Apple will be sending info on how to test the beta, but still waiting for that email....
The iOS beta was made available earlier this week and we've added everyone who emailed us so far. But it looks like there were some issues and some of the additions didn't "take". I'm going to go through and re-add everyone now. If you don't get an email from "iTunes Store" within a few hours (check your spam folder too), then please email support@caristaapp.com and let us know. Thanks.
Old 05-09-15, 09:52 AM
jrovito
Driver School Candidate

Good deal and thanks for the update!!

If you are in South FL, I can make the blinker change for you on my Android phone.. I did it on mine already.

PM me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carista app information (Merged Threads)