NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

The Unofficial Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 10:08 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badkulo

Looks good.. I have the same color. I put same size wheels and the ride is great.

see pics
Attached Thumbnails The Unofficial Aftermarket Wheel Thread-rons-bsm-4.jpg  
Old 10-28-15, 05:27 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by badkulo
Hi, just got my Nebula grey Fsport two months ago and wanted to share my wheel setup with you guys.

Wheels:
AMR Dark Stainless 20X8.5 et+30mm

Tires:
Yokohmama Parada Spec X 245/50/20
I know it's 3.5% bigger than oem but tire rack had a sick deal on the for $131 each so I took a gamble.

Suspension :
RSR down Springs lowering the car about 1.5 in. No rubbing.

I like the fact that the rubber (and larger overall diameter) fills the wheel wells so well! Of course the drop helps...

I love the Parada Spec X. Best tire for ride comfort in the category. What are your impressions of ride comfort?
Old 10-28-15, 05:37 PM
badkulo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I like the fact that the rubber (and larger overall diameter) fills the wheel wells so well! Of course the drop helps...

I love the Parada Spec X. Best tire for ride comfort in the category. What are your impressions of ride comfort?
So far I like them a lot! I was going to go with the new conti dws but your review and the special price made it a no brainer. I didn't think a 20 inch tire setup would ride comparable to the stock 18s. They really are as comfortable and more quiet than the oem Michelins. Now with the winter approaching, let's see how they are in NYC light snow conditions.
Old 10-28-15, 10:59 PM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by ookba
Thanks! So I ended up getting a set of H&R 25mm DRM spacers and put them in. I was surprised how good it actually looks. Puts the stock wheel/tires right out to the funder for a meaner stance. Hit some pretty big dips and no rubbing. Still rides smooth and no issues to report so far. This should hold me over until I get some better wheels.

25mm H&R DRM spacers installed
Where did you get the spacers? How much and what specs did you use? Thanks
Old 10-29-15, 08:44 AM
skabei
Driver

What happens if I use wheels that don't have the TPMS?

On my old Acura it would give me warnings on the driver info panel and it would obstruct me from seeing other information unless I press the "Next" button a few times to acknowledge the issue. I would have to do this each time I started up the car which was very annoying.
Old 10-29-15, 04:34 PM
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
What happens if I use wheels that don't have the TPMS?

On my old Acura it would give me warnings on the driver info panel and it would obstruct me from seeing other information unless I press the "Next" button a few times to acknowledge the issue. I would have to do this each time I started up the car which was very annoying.

Just installed snows on wife's NX on weekend. Only thing that changes is she gets "--" instead of the tire pressure reading. No nag screen (yet).
Old 10-29-15, 07:18 PM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by 300
Just installed snows on wife's NX on weekend. Only thing that changes is she gets "--" instead of the tire pressure reading. No nag screen (yet).
That's awesome!

If that's the only thing then I could save some money for the winters and not have to worry about them.

Do let us know if warnings start popping up.
Old 10-30-15, 07:14 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Default post on classified

Why can't I post my wheels for sale on the classified. says I do not have permission????
Old 11-10-15, 05:11 AM
Kiwijapan
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys

My NX arrives in a couple of weeks and I'm keen to put some 20inch aftermarket rims on it.

Have you had any issues with your aftermarket wheels and the pressure sensors? Here in Japan, the sensors are set up to only work with the standard factory rims, so any rims I put on wont have sensors.

The guys are Lexus say the only problem will be dealing with a small warning light, but wondering if any other issue pop up?
Old 11-10-15, 06:50 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Default air sensors

I have after market 20" wheels and tires and have no problem with the air pressure sensors.

2015 NX200t
Old 11-10-15, 07:51 AM
badkulo
Driver School Candidate

Default Tpms sensors

I have 20in aftermarket wheels and no issues with the tpms either. If I was to do it over again, I would probably not swap the sensors because there's actually no warning lights. It just doesn't show tire pressure readings.
Old 11-10-15, 08:02 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

somewhere I read that you don't get TPMS alert lights if none of your tires have the sensor
Old 11-10-15, 11:42 AM
badkulo
Driver School Candidate

Actually, after driving without tpms sensors for 1 week, I now get a flashing tpms light then it turns solid. At least no beeping yet =)
Old 11-10-15, 12:55 PM
ronslexus
Driver

Default tpms

You could think that all sensors work the same on the NX
Mine work just like the OEM's with the 20" aftermarket wheels.

Maybe they were not installed correctly. You should check with your dealer to find out why. The wheel has nothing to do with the sensor. It is completely stand alone part and should work on any wheel. You most probably have to sync it with the car when they are re-installed. My shop did that on mine.
Old 11-10-15, 03:31 PM
Kiwijapan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ronslexus
I have after market 20" wheels and tires and have no problem with the air pressure sensors.

2015 NX200t
Do your aftermarket wheels have sensors on them? Aftermarket wheel don't have any kind of sensors. It's not a legal requirement over here.

Quick Reply: The Unofficial Aftermarket Wheel Thread