NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Prepping to buy our new NX 300h, things to do to the old car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 07:16 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Prepping to buy our new NX 300h, things to do to the old car.

OK, so this is not a specific question about an NX, but I am hoping someone can help me out. I have googled this already and haven't found an easy answer yet. We are trading in our 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid for the 2015 NX 300h we are getting. I want to delete all the personal data from the Camry before we give it to the dealer. By personal data I am talking about all bluetooth linked phones, all phone book data, all call logs, all NAV system data, including all memory points and especially the "home" memory point, as well as the homelink garage door buttons.

Does anyone here know of how to do this for most cars, or specifically the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 01-29-15, 09:36 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert, but i'll try:

Homelink Garage Door Buttons: Press and hold down the 2 outside buttons for 20 seconds until the indicator light flashes. Test afterwards to make sure it erased.

Navigation Points (including home): you have to go in and manually delete those points (ex: Setup/Info...Navigation...Home...Delete)

Phones: you should be able to go into phone setup and delete all phones. (Info...Phone or Setup...Phone)

Address Book: that may be a manual thing to delete each entry individually. I'm not sure if deleting phones will also delete the address book as well.

Bluetooth: Setup/Info...Bluetooth...make sure and each "registered devices" are deleted.

I'm not familiar with 2008 camry (i have a 2011, but it's my wife's daily driver).
Old 01-29-15, 09:39 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Thanks, I was hoping there might be like a "Factory Reset" thing to do all this, but I guess I will have to do it by hand.

I am not sure on the 2008 if I can unpair a phone from the car though, or maybe it my 2006 Prius, there doesn't seem to be that option from what I recall. I Can't check now, the Camry is my wife's car as well and she is at work.

Phil
Old 01-29-15, 01:24 PM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo
Thanks, I was hoping there might be like a "Factory Reset" thing to do all this, but I guess I will have to do it by hand.

I am not sure on the 2008 if I can unpair a phone from the car though, or maybe it my 2006 Prius, there doesn't seem to be that option from what I recall. I Can't check now, the Camry is my wife's car as well and she is at work.

Phil
Call a Toyota dealership near you!
Old 01-29-15, 05:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I did similar steps as Mors posted when returning my RX last month. 15-20 minutes and you're done. Assuming a similar functionality with the RX, for the Address Book, it needs to connect to your phone to be able to wipe the contacts on the car.
Old 01-29-15, 06:00 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

OK, found the easy way to do this on the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid, so thought I would share.

There is one are to delete all personal data, but it is kind of in a weird place.

First, hit the "Information" button along side the radio and then click on the "Screen Settings" icon in there:

Then from there click on the "Delete Personal Data" button at the bottom:

Then click on the "Delete Button:"

This deleted all my phone entries, all paired blue tooth phones, and all map (NAV) data. The only thing left to delete/remove are the homelink associations, which I still have to do.

Phil
Old 01-30-15, 07:33 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome - thanks for sharing. Don't forget to reset your homelink buttons and make sure your phone/bluetooth devices are all gone.