Originally Posted by Rozay604
It's high level
Thank you for the inputs
Old 12-07-19, 06:22 PM
David2512
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rozay604
Im sorry to say. If your gonna just upgrade to some entry level speakers. It ain't gonna help much. Your sound stage won't be there. It's gonna sound like left and right. If your gonna upgrade get a proper set of 3 way speakers. Buy yourself a nice dsp, some nice amps and a sub. get a person that really knows how to tune your system. Otherwise jus add a small little sub and you'll notice your system will sound better. I haven't heard the nx 8 speaker system but I have a nx f sport 2 and I think I have the 10 speaker system by jus adding a real high end sub. My sound is noticeably better. I also disconnected the factory sub. The factory sub is useless.
Hi, looking to add a sub, which speaker did you tap into, the front or rear speakers as I don't have a factory subwoofer to tap into
Old 02-20-22, 03:41 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Old thread but

So, I’m tempted to purchase a used NX probably around 2017. I have a bunch of stereo equipment from my vehicle I might be losing. Two Zapco amps, one is a 4 channel and the other is a sub amp, I have one set of the Pioneer TSZ series high end 6.5 mids and tweeters, as well as a pair of morel 4 inch mid range and 6.5 inch midrange speakers and 2 8 inch subs. I want to transplant as much as I can to the NX if that becomes the next vehicle I purchase. What would I need to integrate that to the factory NX audio system? I know there are some adapters/modules that you can by pass the factory amps. Is this something I can do easily? Or am I looking at the wrong solution?
Old 02-20-22, 10:11 PM
ramses974
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LophatRX
So, I’m tempted to purchase a used NX probably around 2017. I have a bunch of stereo equipment from my vehicle I might be losing. Two Zapco amps, one is a 4 channel and the other is a sub amp, I have one set of the Pioneer TSZ series high end 6.5 mids and tweeters, as well as a pair of morel 4 inch mid range and 6.5 inch midrange speakers and 2 8 inch subs. I want to transplant as much as I can to the NX if that becomes the next vehicle I purchase. What would I need to integrate that to the factory NX audio system? I know there are some adapters/modules that you can by pass the factory amps. Is this something I can do easily? Or am I looking at the wrong solution?
yes there are some harnesses and adapter, but you always have to use a LOC and do it manualy. Take a good loc ,because you can get into trouble and issue with pop ,humm etc or get a good DSP(HELIX DSP )
About the speakers: the front in Morel speakert will be good ( i am not a fan of Morel speaker , but their 4" are one of the best 4" and will do the job if you want to go below 500hz .You can add 8inc sub without damaging the pannel too (these are not realy sub ,these are woofer wich tend to low frequency )
For rear i will use the pioneer .(i am a "Pioneer"man but sorry i do not like the TSZ ...
Old 02-21-22, 01:17 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ramses974
yes there are some harnesses and adapter, but you always have to use a LOC and do it manualy. Take a good loc ,because you can get into trouble and issue with pop ,humm etc or get a good DSP(HELIX DSP )
About the speakers: the front in Morel speakert will be good ( i am not a fan of Morel speaker , but their 4" are one of the best 4" and will do the job if you want to go below 500hz .You can add 8inc sub without damaging the pannel too (these are not realy sub ,these are woofer wich tend to low frequency )
For rear i will use the pioneer .(i am a "Pioneer"man but sorry i do not like the TSZ ...

Thanks, my subs are in a custom
box now that I would try to use in the new ride, they hit pretty hard with nearly over 1000watts pushing them now. My pioneer, I love the new tweets, so crisp and clean, probably too sharp for some but I listen to a lot of Rock and Alternative Rock that suits them well, I’d shoot for them for the front, the 6.5 can handle 300rms which they are getting close to that now they way they are in my current ride. I’m close to 2000 watts total power right now actually. Since I’m looking at used a used NX, I won’t know what system it will have once I know for sure if they total out my current ride.

My brother in law has a dude that put together his 18 tundra system I’m hoping maybe he’d help me, if I can’t do this myself.
Old 02-24-22, 12:47 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

It’s been a while but I no longer own this NX but everything was done on it. Full Helix system, 3 way fully active competition series, 2 way component rear, helix dsp pro mk2, 2 helix A4 amp, 1 helix A2 and all audison wiring.
The following users liked this post:
TXLexusNX (07-31-23)
Old 04-20-22, 09:52 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

For those who changed your front corner dash speakers, did you have to modify the cover to fit? Or did you have speakers that just easily fit the circle that is part of the cover that fits over the speaker?
Old 04-20-22, 04:52 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

For those who changed your front corner dash speakers, did you have to modify the cover to fit? Or did you have speakers that just easily fit the circle that is part of the cover that fits over the speaker?
I replaced mine with Focal's and to be honest, didn't even pay attention to that and just smacked the cover back on, might need to pull mine up and see if it did any damage lol but it did clip in so the speaker itself was not obstructing the cover.
Old 10-13-22, 11:51 AM
mps2220
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I replaced my 2015 nx200t with Morel 402 Hybrids, they needed minimal work to get them to drop in, I even angled them slightly to achieve a better angle.

The following 2 users liked this post by mps2220:
Lexuswiz (10-13-22), TXLexusNX (07-31-23)

Quick Reply: Upgrading Speakers in NX